don't click here

Sonic Classic Collection

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Sep 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    So you do care? I love how people mess that up :ssh:

I still want to buy this at some point for my little brother, he has only ever played the 2d games on my 360 really and he owns my old DS since I never play it, he would love to play these games without having to pester me to get on the 360 :P but I don't want to pay much for it, I can see the price for this dropping in the UK rather fast.

2. Penguin

Penguin

I bought this for the novelty. After all, it's only about $25 and change.

I must say, it's good. Not perfect, but good.

Though it's really annoying when you grab Power Sneakers and the background music changes key. Ear rape on Angel Island. D:

3. corneliab

corneliab

Just played through Marble Garden, and it was more or less smooth as silk. Hopefully future stages follow suit.

EDIT: Oh yuck... The electric orb bonus stage has all these glitchy black blocks in the background.

EDIT2: Yep, Carnival Night and Ice Cap are fine as well.

4. Jaseman

Jaseman

The programmer has a nap! Hold out! Programmer! Member
    If this is really Lordus's work, wouldn't the emulation be BETTER than jEnesisDS?

5. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    We don't know how the rom management is. Maybe the new handler needed to run bigger roms (S3k, S2k ...), leaked some CPU power, thus making the framerate more choppy etc...

6. Puto

Puto

Shin'ichi Kudō, detective. Tech Member
    Portugal, Oeiras
    Part of Team Megamix, but haven't done any actual work in ages.
    This probably means that the ym2612 isn't being emulated, and they're using recorded music.

7. corneliab

corneliab

Just beat Sonic 3 & Knuckles. Other than Angel Island, a few graphical glitches, and a hiccup hear and there, the game plays just fine.

8. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Nice. So not perfect, not brilliant, but still decent. S3&K was my main interest in this title, so I'm pleased with that.

9. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    So...no option to turn off scaling?

Okay then, one less thing to spend money on.

10. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    Wouldn't a lack of scaling make it actually more difficult on the player, perhaps, because you lack a few vertical lines of screen while running and trying to avoid hazards, which could be essential for split-second-decisions?

11. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Sounds like the game is passable, but still has some issues.

I guess it has to be decent, given the platform it was built on and it not being horribly strong (Chrono Trigger has issues, and that was mostly a port of the SNES game with some of the PS1 version's features.)

12. Maxd

Maxd

Alabama
    Mixin'
    I have an R4 and could test this, but I can't find a download/torrent anywhere for this. If someone has one, please PM me so I can help answer some questions.

13. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    Was this shit dumped yet?

14. Penguin

Penguin

I just beat Sonic 2 on this. Absolutely minimal errors, graphical or otherwise.

15. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Regarding what Tristan said, it made me wonder... are these reports coming in from people with legit carts or those running them off R4s or whatever flavor of the month flash cart is hot these days?

16. Penguin

Penguin

I can't speak for others, but mine is legit. Just bought it today for like $28.50.

17. I really wish this would come to the PSP. I've wanted to play the classic Sonic games on the go and I don't want a DS.

18. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Just use picodrive. Not having a Homebrew enabled PSP is dumb. It has so much power to be used!

19. You're right, not committing felonies is for suckers. :rolleyes:

I like to try to keep things good and legal when I can.

20. Dissent

Dissent

@SailsSez on Twitter Member
    Clearly you don't understand what you're talking about. Putting custom firmware on your PSP or enabling homebrew is not illegal.

Edit: Unless of course you're talking about emulating the games in which case legal points can be made in favor of backups of owned software, but that's for another thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.