don't click here

Project Needlemouse: old threads

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Aquaslash, Sep 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PicklePower

PicklePower

Wiki Sysop
    4chan? I make nothing out of that.

2. synchronizer

synchronizer

What... now this guy claims that it is for xbox 360? No mention of PS3? Forget all my complaints about Sonic Adventure possibly not being on PS3. It BETTER be on PS3. (It must... I mean come on...)

3. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Maybe. That said I don't want the characters to become TOO comical to the point they become parodies of themselves. They did this with the Crash Bandicoot franchise, which is now essentially the gaming equivelant of Family Guy, becoming more a sadist show with constant pop culture references and the entire cast being zany and sociopathic. Something akin to Disney or Bluth perhaps, somewhat light hearted and cartoony but still sentimental in tone with occasional moments of serious without destroying the overall mood and setup.

4. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    Yes, TOO comical would become a problem, but the correct dosage that kind of humor could kill off the OMG SRSness of the franchise.

5. SegaLoco

SegaLoco

W)(at did you say? Banned
    IMO I want to see this game on the PSP. It's perfect for a good platformer, and if Sega is going for a widescreen game anyways, PSP is the way to go. (Knowing Sega, I bet Hank Hill is gonna pop up on that list sometime, don't they claim to read Sonic Retro occasionally or something =P)

6. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

Challenge: Get 500 Replies with 3/3 Correct answers – COMPLETE!

Bonus Point unlocked with 750+ correct responses! – COMPLETE!

They'll want 1000 replies tomorrow. I don't think it can be done much past that.

7. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    God dangit Bobby, they should LIVE by Sonic Retro!

8. Blue Emerald

Blue Emerald

Teleportation, yeah! Member
    TBD
    You just watch; they're gonna keep Shadow on the list 'til trivia's end, just like how they kept us in suspense (some in impatience) with the "Dragon Mirror" phrase in the ASR challenge, despite the fact that we all knew the answer.

Anyway, I'm really considering jumping into this trivia by tomorrow, and doing my part by recruiting a bunch of other people for this trivia; should be fun. (Hooray! We've got two bonus points now! Only one more to go!) So, judging by the past two quizzes, I may just have Sega's next post-count challenges predicted:

So far, we've had
    Day 1: 100 posts, 250+ for bonus
    Day 2: 500 posts, 750+ for bonus

Which means the next two days should be
    Day 3: 1000 posts, 1250+ for bonus
    Day 4: 1500 posts, 2000+ for bonus (just to be mean, and it's a nice round number to end with)

But if we succeed in Day 3, what would be the point in getting that fourth bonus point? Would it carry on for any trivia weeks planned later on? And if they're only removing 2 per day, I'm hoping they keep Amy and Vector. Amy's proven that she can be a fun playable character in Sonic Advance. As for Vector, he's got his own acceptable skill set from Knuckles' Chaotix. He also happens to be my favorite character to play as in that game, if only because he has the best spin dash of any of the characters!

9. Enzo Aquarius

Enzo Aquarius

20% Cooler. Member
    Canada, eh.
    Sonic TV Scripts, Sonic Comic Wiki Work
    And here I was thinking we would get the bonus everyday. Of course they increase the bar each day. :argh:

10. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    What do you guys think this "bonus" they keep teasing us about is?

11. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    Artwork

12. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    I'd say FINALLY a bit of gameplay footage or some screenshots, but those are things we should be given for free, not as a fucking bonus.

13. LuckyLagomorph

LuckyLagomorph

Nope, IN
    Drawing shit
    Maybe a gameplay trailer, but I'm not going to get my hopes up too high on that one.

14. Blue Emerald

Blue Emerald

Teleportation, yeah! Member
    TBD
    I'd say the cheapest shot they could make is to remove the last two characters from that list as the bonus, which would mean we'd pretty much be learning nothing new about the game. I really hope they don't take that low road.

But yeah, even though a gameplay video would be a fantastic reward, if they did end up showing off artwork as the bonus, I'd be cool with that.

15. NintendoBrad

NintendoBrad

...anyone stop to think about how it must be like to sift through nearly 1000 answers and make sure enough are correct?

16. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    They probably just check the number of comments every so often and assume they're mostly, if not all correct.

17. SteelBrush

SteelBrush

603e Member
    the home of spotted dick, Devon
    Tramadol, Tamazepam and finding a reason to exist.
    Am I the only person who would actually like to see just the original character set from SegaSonic Arcade?

18. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    I wouldn't mind that in the slightest.

19. NintendoBrad

NintendoBrad

Yeah, the questions are so easy that it must be pretty safe to assume. Ha.

Also I kind of doubt the bonus will be gameplay or even screenshots. The last name left will be Sonic, and they're going to cap that off with artwork of his classic redesign. Pants will be soiled worldwide. Dry cleaning revenue will go up tenfold and it will be glorious.

20. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    I hope they reject everything but one. If they do that, they'll be my heroes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.