don't click here

Project Needlemouse: old threads

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Aquaslash, Sep 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PicklePower

PicklePower

Wiki Sysop
    And the bar has been raised. They want 500 correct responses, and for that extra point, they want at least 700 correct responses.

2. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    The interesting thing about this contest is that it seems its only purpose is to gauge the number of peoples acknowledging their marketing ploy; the questions are so simple and trivial that even if you didn't know the answer, you could just copy every single answer pasted before you. In fact, it seems people are doing exactly that! It really is totally useless, but damned if I don't want to see that extra bonus or whatever on Friday.

3. Mobiethian

Mobiethian

Oldbie
    I'm with Tweaker there, these questions are simple, but even before I saw the question - the answers were pretty much repeats of some from before. I altered my responses however.

4. Retro_Stew

Retro_Stew

French Twitch Gamer Member
    France
    Twitch channel
    And for the moment, they're only asking questions about old games....

5. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    ...which I hope are related to the new game.

6. So they're taking one character off once we reach the minimum requirements, and the bonus takes off another. Doing the maths, that really would only leave one character. I can't believe you Sally Sadface's were right. Still, Miles and Knuckles aren't there, which is good. Or maybe they just didn't want us bawwing when they were removed.

7. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    Don't get your hopes up.
    JakeyBoy, there's 3 left by Friday. Being that the ending it on Friday morning.

8. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    Can't wait to see Sonic being rejected! =D

Project Needlemouse, starring Mr. Needlemouse!

I would warmheartly welcome a Sonic game with... err... no Sonic at all. A Knuckles' Chaotix 2, if you will.

It reminds me of Dragon Ball Z 2 for the SNES. Goku was only available after beating the game with every other character. Now that's classy!

9. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

I thought 500 was too many, but when I went to post, there were 300 answers already. That's a lot. :psyduck:

It had a name in the japanese version? The manual says only enemies, but it has something written in katakana after which I didn't figure it out.

10. Are you sure? They rejected Monday's characters on Tuesday, I assumed Friday's would be rejected on Saturday. Nevertheless, the answers remain pretty obvious. Shadow and Amy. Though I would like a Mr. Needlemouse. He would be Pikablu in a sombrero.

11. ChaotixTails

ChaotixTails

Custom title member Oldbie
    I was under the impression that the joke was to put Sonic up against a bunch of characters nobody wants in a game and then to take all the rest of them out, as implied by the inclusion of "Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse".

12. TSSZNews

TSSZNews

First @ Something or Other Banned
    The Update Desk
    Occasional JOURNALISM
    There is no Friday promotion...and nobody working shop on Saturday...unless there will be a speed round Friday with a final reveal Friday evening.

13. Retro_Stew

Retro_Stew

French Twitch Gamer Member
    France
    Twitch channel
    Ok, this is very unlikely, and I absolutely don't believe it, but I saw on a french site a guy claiming he had some sources, and that Needlemouse would tell the story of baby sonic, kinda like Yoshi's island and baby mario. I'm sure it's bullshit, but I thought I could post it anyway.

14. synchronizer

synchronizer

I sure hope this French guy is wrong then.

15. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    A source also informed me, something similar, not quite it. I'm not going into details, and I wouldn't even mention it at all so to not to start an uproar.

But all I know, though I take with a grain of salt, is that the plot happens before Sonic 1. So what this frensh guy said makes sense.

16. So, between the official Sega Facebook and the official Sonic Facebook, we have a little over 600 answers.

Sega should have really clarified if double+ posting doesn't count.

17. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
    Seconded.

Because so many people replied the first time round, obviously they want more people to reply to their silly little game, so that by Day 3 they will see how many people have replied (and answered correctly), then from there will up the number to see just how many Sonic fans are out there.

It's like Sonic 2's Special Zone, except the number of 'rings'/correct answers will determine how many replies the next day we will need to get through this.

18. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    Sounds weird as hell and extremely doubtful. Taking that with less than a grain of salt.

Anyway, they crossed out 2 names in one day. Figured as much.

19. I know my previous post might have been a bit silly. still if only two characters besides sonic are going to amke out the cut I still stand by Amy (besides in the advance games there weren't any hormones induced game breaking), but for the other option would really love to see Vector, I mean he was created way before the first Sonic game and his spin dash takes the shape of a buzzaw, how more badass than this can it get.

If any of these two get rejected (especially Amy Rose) in favor of a redundant and over-rated recolor such as Shadow I will NEVER, EVER forgive Sega. We need happy-go lucky characters for this game, along with clever level design and proper physics. Also I have 6 accounts on live and mark my words. if Amy is a playable character I will buy this game for evey one of my accounts, and take video of it to prove it, at least this is better than burning merchandise which by the way I don't have other than just games.

Anyway I'll wait 'till Friday to see who gets in (and if let down will to on full RAGE mode, otherwise will be happy to buy multiple downloads on day one).

Still the real question if this time they are really going retro (level design, pinball physics, just go from point A o point B through multiple paths, no medal/item collecting, no hubs, no story whatsoever), or just an HD rush, last gamei recall came truly came close to the good old genesis games was Sonic Advance 1 for GBA, it had speed and platforming.

20. NintendoBrad

NintendoBrad

The moment Shadow's crossed off is the moment I'm truly convinced Sonic will be the only one left on that list. Amy may be the only other one to have a chance of being left in, but I kind of doubt it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.