don't click here

Sonic Megamix

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Stealth, Feb 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aitamen

Aitamen

Gamer Spirit ftw... this is getting sig'd on another forum...

and more importantly, though late... WELCOME BACK!

Also, is this where I'd report any bugs I've found (I mean, I'm sure 90% of them will be fix'd by the time of release anyway, but I'd hate to have found something you guys overlooked and not said anything), to ask about improvements? If not, please direct me to wherever I should be and I'll fix this post

2. neonsynth

neonsynth

Previously 'SonicVaan' Member
    Germany, Stammbach
    gaming and music production
    Seriously, I am watching those videos (Which the staff made) again and again, repeatly. And to be honest, I'm pretty jealous as SEGA maybe would be :P

3. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    I'm not sure if this bug has been reported/fixed, but I'll report it anyway:

[​IMG]

This was in the V3 Release, I tried to report it beforehand, but I didn't get my membership until after the game was reported cancelled.

I had run into a wall, in the pushing animation, and I was hit by the batbot you can see in the lava. The glitch caused the effect coming down and crashed the game.

4. neonsynth

neonsynth

Germany, Stammbach
    Try to get this in the v4.0b release and look, if it occurs still. Maybe it's out from there, who knows. :P

5. DimensionWarped

DimensionWarped

Erinaceous! Oldbie
    I would think the answer to that is obvious. More control in the hands of the author. As much as that is absolutely not what Megamix is about, the whole idea of fangame vs rom hack is a little cheesy. It isn't like one option is better than the other, it's two entirely different things.

6. synchronizer

synchronizer

Speaking of real hardware, I've just played a bit on hardware with a bit of trouble. I have gone through floors, and have got stuck in walls in City Outskirts Zone, Misty Maze Zone, and Starry Night Zone. There are also graphical glitches in the Special Stage results, and the "It's show time!" boss graphic. I'm sure this is known though, and it is still being worked on anyway.

7. Ollie

Ollie

DIGGY DIGGY HOLE Member
    While we are on the subject of running the previous build on Hardware, how different is it than using an emulator, e.g Are there any noticeable glitches/bugs that only appear on the actual Hardware? I'm interested in finding a Mega CD 1 for trying it out put I can never find one for a decent price on eBay at the moment. =\

8. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
    I play it on hardware all the time, there are no glitches.

I have never seen any of the problems synchronizer is describing...

9. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    On the latest official public release, collision on the Star Light Zone equivalent was rather iffy, and I faced issues with the ramp right at the end of I think the second act nearly every time I ran through that level. Wish I had the magical copy you were playing. :P

Whatever, I'm curious how many of these sorts of bugs still exist at this point -- it's been in development since then for quite some time.

10. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    May I inquire as to if you are going to put in/recreate Mighty's Wall Kick and any other abilities into the game?

Oh, and Great Job, Team Megamix. I can wait for the next release, as the more time spent working on it means more awesomeness is added.

EDIT: Oh, and I couldn't seem to reget that glitch above. Even on the version I was playing at that time. I guess I don't remember something I did.

11. Blue Emerald

Blue Emerald

Teleportation, yeah! Member
    TBD
    In my opinion, that would kind of detract from the whole "Sonic 3's moveset" concept that Mighty had going for it.

However, if any character in the game could use that move, it would definitely be Shadow.

12. ...yeah this is pretty much exactly how the video game companies should handle release dates nowadays. Just not fucking have them. Going back on topic...

<has a glorious seizure and pants explode>

And now, actual opinion. If I have to deal with a boss in which you have to hit its ball back at it in order to damage it, that's kind of unique, actually. Weird, but unique. And honest fyi, I never knew that there was actually a boss designer for Sonic hacks around. ^_^;

13. filmzombie

filmzombie

The real spindash... Member
    England- The Land of Tea
    Sonic Synthesis

Malevolence?

Plus what about the big, bad boss from Dark Fortress.

14. jman2050

jman2050

Teh Sonik Haker Tech Member
    I've only been doing this for well over a year now, no reason people should know about it >_>

15. Chaos Knux

Chaos Knux

Stable avatar temporary. Randomizer site down. Banned
    When I first saw that you guys were punking us with that whole false cancellation shtick, I screamed as loud as I could: "**** YES! THERE IS A GOD!!!!!!". Good on ya, Team Megamix. (I know this is majorly late, but I just now got my 20 posts.) My remaining 19 posts will be well more on-track.

So far, you guys are the most epic collaborative group I've ever seen. Keep up the good work.

16. On the note of real hardware glitches - off the top of my head, the last version I tried had a certain stage glitch in a way that made it impossible to clear, and replaying the Sonic 1 level parts, Labyrinth had a few graphical glitches in the background..

17. ShadowsofYesterday

ShadowsofYesterday

I have no idea what's going on. Member
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Sonic and the Magic Hat
    And on that note, in either Labyrinth or Misty Maze (or whatever it's called), if you actually beat the boss rather than just make it to the top, the slow-mo effect (that plays for a second or two when you beat a boss) becomes permanent and the controls become only semi-responsive. I don't remember if it was only in Labyrinth, or only in Misty Maze, or in both. If you actually manage to beat the level after that though (by stomping on the egg capsule), you'll go on to the next level, and the speed and controls will return to normal. But it takes a while, because even your score counts up slowly.

18. Oh yeah, this was in Labyrinth at least. I remember that now.
    Sonic 1's ending also runs fatster than it should.

19. neonsynth

neonsynth

Germany, Stammbach
    If you mean the megamix ending, then it's because the start position hasn't been fixed, yet.

20. c1owd

c1owd

Previously 'CarrascoZX0' Member
    Uh... Isn't it because Sonic 1 Megamix doesn't have the speedcap? (Unless you enabled it...)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.