don't click here

Another Sega Employee Speaks Up?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TSSZNews, Jan 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NomadTW

NomadTW

I ain't gotta impress you fucks. Member
    While I want to think the guy is prolly jerking us around..
    I can't help but remember that time on Rare Witch Project where a Rare employee actually answered someone's question about Stop N Swop.
    No one believed him at the time, but years later, he was actually proven to be legit. Go figure.

Soooo yeah. I dunno guys. It's definitely not impossible.

And yeah, I agree with Tweaker's idea, he needs to put up or shut up. If I'm not mistaken, RWP forum admins knew about the Rare employee's identity looong before it was proven. So maybe that's what can happen here. If he's willing.

2. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    Problem is, I don't think SEGA is as forgiving and openly friendly about the whereabouts of what goes in with their developers like Rare is.

I happen to be a member of RWP too. Wonderful community.

3. NomadTW

NomadTW

Mmm, true. Didn't think about that. And yeah, they're a great bunch. (Save for the few obligatory 'ZOMG STOP N SWOP' idiots.)

4. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Well, the whole idea is that we wouldn't reveal his identity—just confirm his legitimacy as someone "on the inside." It'd be a bit pointless to just reveal it after swearing confidence, don't you think? =P

5. OSM

OSM

Doing absolutely nothing
    They settled down about the SNS bullshit considerably, they only rant about wanting platforming in the next Banjo game now.

EDIT: Tweaker I shot you a PM, when this guy gets back I'll talk to him about this.

6. NomadTW

NomadTW

^Well I meant more along the lines of that one forum they have...still have a few lingering. But you're right, they don't nearly as much.

Also, Tweaker, I didn't mean it all has to happen exactly like with the Rare employee. Of course you shouldn't reveal it. No no, keep his ID hidden for as long as he has to. They knew about it, but didn't reveal that they DID know about it until years later when it was possible to. At least I think that's how the story goes, correct me if I'm wrong OSM.

Just using that case as an example.

7. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    The fact that it's on 4chan makes me instantly and astronomically skeptical. While the fact that this Ben Andac guy had his blog spread around might entice other Sega employees, the Sonic community has tons of people who like to lie about stuff just to see where it goes - I mean, jeeze, there's a whole sub-community based around hoaxing screenshots, for crying out loud. You don't see that in other communities.

8. NemUK

NemUK

Probably lurkin'. Member
    I'm kinda undecided as to whether it's bull or not. A new Sonic game is inevitable really, and the 20th anniversary would be a great time to bring one out. But 4chan? I've never usually taken anything that comes from that site as gospel, as probably most people do.

As far as gameplay goes, as long as they make it as decent as Unleashed (finally, a 3D Sonic I like!), I don't care how kiddy they make it :p. Just please God, no more Sonic Heroes for obvious reasons.

9. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    I should post this over on CulT I guess, yeah. Still, I've no doubt they know anyway.

10. Rockman Zero

Rockman Zero

Hello there, my little friend. Member
    Videos for Hellfire Commentaries.
    Enlighten me please?

4chan of all places? 4chan has the least credibility in my book. Then again it is a good way to conceal your identity.

I'm still calling bull about this. If this is true how Sega's policies have changed since two years ago, hopefully there is no way Sega will screw up Sonic's 20th Anniversary.

11. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
    So do I. Personally, I lean towards the skeptics side. BUT, since Tweaker is pretty much gonna handle his validity himself, I look at this as an opportunity to ask him some questions about how sonic team operates. At worst, I'll hear some fantastic bullshit, and at best, I've taken advantage of one hell of a situation.

12. Xkeeper

Xkeeper

lgkdfvlbjepasvdjzcvpaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Researcher
    the bone zone
    current-project-fart
    You sure don't :)

13. Techokami

Techokami

For use only on NTSC Genesis systems Researcher
    HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
    A couple of Nintendo employees are Something Awful goons. Though not directly emplyed by Nintendo, the English translator of the Pokemon games, Nob Ogasawara, goes by the handle "Douglas Dinsdale". One of the level designers for Retro Studios is a goon, too.

Worthless trivia of the day :)

14. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    Speaking of developers frequenting messageboards, I think sega should stick some 2ch characters into a sonic game sometime soo... I mean come on, how cool would it be to run into shii in some alley of station square in her box?

15. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    Why wouldn't you? With some proxies, you have total anonymity and can say whatever the fuck you want.

However, since this is most likely /v/, it's probably a troll. I don't remember the last time I read a good Vidya thread on /v/.

16. OSM

OSM

Doing absolutely nothing
    There's a huge Sonic nostalgia thread on it right now. Classic Sonic goodness.

17. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    There's always a nostalgia thread. It always turns into shit at the end.

18. OSM

OSM

Doing absolutely nothing
    It's gone about 157 posts without one troll. It's the best thread right now on /v/.

19. Sui Eel

Sui Eel

captan Member
    I see Sonic CD bashing

You're wrong.

Also, the guy still isn't on AIM, but keeps posting on 4chan... Hm.

20. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    This thread is the best /v/ thread of 2009

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.