don't click here

Sonic Unleashed

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Adamis, Mar 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quexinos

Quexinos

Since 1997 Oldbie
    I just got done with Eggmanland day time... man you guys are right that level is downright cheap in some areas. I got a C the first time around so I had to do the collect 280 rings AND the time attack. The time attack must have taken me over an hour to do. However it's in this level that I received my first death due to an engine defect but it was actually kind of funny. You know when you have that robot after you and you have to hit L1 and R1 to dash and avoid it's attacks (the same damn robot in like every day time level?)... when sometimes when you L1 all the way to the left... you'll miss the springs when they come up and Sonic will fall to his death. The robot, I swear, it does a double take. Eggman's robot does a double take. It's hilarious.

BUT Eggmanland despite being incredibly frustrating at times is the most awesome 3D Sonic level since Final Egg... maybe even better.

I was actually kind of glad Rob went to bed and stopped watching me. A lot of times when I'm doing those kinds of things I do a lot better when someone isn't watching me. So I'm on Eggmanland first level as the werehog and I'm all ready stuck. Not as in, I don't know what to do but... it's just kind of tricky in some areas. Fortunately I've collect 10 lives so far thanks to the Gaia gates. I'm glad I found out about those. oh and
    Chip's role was so predictable. I knew from the beginning he was the one who was supposed to seal dark Gaia... oh well

Anyone have a video of Eggmanland from the 360? I can't seem to find one.

2. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
    Anyone know if the OST has been leaked? I'd love a rip of Empire City's daytime music.

EDIT: Oh shit, found it!

That's easily my favorite track of the game.

3. Rokkan

Rokkan

YES!!!
    I already have the Mazuri song and the Tornado sub-stage song, but this one, this one was the one that I have long waited for <3

4. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

0:37 till 1:02 is perfection to me. That melody has been stuck in my head for the past few days. It's as catchy as old sonic music was.

5. Rokkan

Rokkan

Shit, I downloaded it and encoded to mp3 format, but my Windows Media Player won't read it, just my iTunes.
    Can someone encode for me?

EDIT: nvm WMP somehow read this time
    fucking bitch

6. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

It feels like we've hit a time warp. A new, GOOD sonic game, guns n roses releases their new album, a NEW episode of Dragonball Z just aired... what the hell? It's like it's 1993 all over again.

7. Don't forget a new version of Street Fighter II :(

8. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    New DBZ episode? Where, what and when? I thought they all finished then it went 10 years forward to GT...

Anyways, trying not to steer off topic too much, I am REALLY looking forward to this. Hopefully I should be able to get it the day after release over here in Britland ;D

9. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

The first new Dragonball animation in 12 years was released yesterday. It's called "Yo! Son Goku returns!" (a play off the title of the last episode of Dragonball GT, "So long! Until you return!") and its a 45 minute OVA written by Akira Toriyama set 2 years after the Buu Saga.

10. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    That DBZ special sounds fabulous.

So how come I just finished the 360 version and the map screen says I haven't beaten the last boss? Do I have to do it again? I mean...it was pretty sweet, so I guess I don't mind.

I was sad to see both Chip and the Werehog go at the end...oh well. Not like I'm not used to Sega giving and taking away. They'll probably use Chip as some sort of hint thing from now on anyway.

11. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    I wouldn't mind it if Omochao worked like Chip in later games...especially if he uses the Havok engine. It would be fun to throw him against walls and all.

12. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    ...I need to see that

13. Vinsent

Vinsent

The Blue Meteor achievement makes me suspicious of there being more characters then Sonic.
    "Reached the Goal of Windmill Isle, Act 2 as Sonic within 2'35" of course since Sonic is the only daytime character why would they need to include him? Not to mention Professor Pickles' "Surprise"

14. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    I would imagine all S Ranks awards you with something, and all medals rewards you with something else.

15. synchronizer

synchronizer

Highest Grades=All S Ranks?

I would really like to see what happens if all medals and S ranks are collected. Someone please go after this!

EDIT: I see someone posted pretty much the same statement at the same time as me.

16. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    I belive we are all giving our best to get all the medals and S-Ranks of the game.

There still a few stages to me to get all S-Rank. (which includes Eggmanland Day Act1 and Arid Sand Day Act1)
    Now, about the medals... Mostly every stage is missing one Sun Medal, or one Moon Medal, or both. (Seriously, there is a Moon Medal missing in Windmill Isle ACT2, which I can't find anywhere)
    Got every medal from the bosses and S-Rank as well.
    Already got the "Half Moon" and "Partialy Cloud" achieviments for collecting both 100 Moon Medals and 100 Sun Medals respectively.
    Some suveniers missing... >_>

17. Retrogamer

Retrogamer

1996: Sonic flips the birdie. Member
    I'm going to try and get all Medals and S-ranks on the Wii version and see if there are any extras. I don't know how the hell I did it, but I've S-ranked just about all of the Werehog stages (Yes, even the bloody hell Eggmanland stages)

18. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    Calling either Super Sonic or Shadow for all S Ranks.

19. Rokkan

Rokkan

It would be a bigger ripoff of Super Mario Galaxy as it is, but God it would be awesome <3

20. Machenstein

Machenstein

Calling a "Thank you for playing!" message. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.