don't click here

Sonic Unleashed

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Adamis, Mar 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    ...you need to run through a bunch of Gaia Gate levels. Do it now.

2. Quexinos

Quexinos

Since 1997 Oldbie

I don't wanna.

3. PC2

PC2

GenMobile > 3DS Member
    Various Artwork & Music, :smug:
    I got the Wii version yesterday, and I must say, I really like the Werehog. Nothing but delicious platforming puzzles and some combat - it really does remind me of the old Banjo games and DK64 (especially that boss battle with the barrels of water). It's a good thing I already have a 360 though, so no hassle when I'm ready to experience the "true" Sonic Unleashed. From what I've seen so far, it's really the Sonic Adventure 3 we've all been waiting for, and I can't wait to try it. But seriously, why so much Wii version hate? It may not be as good as the 360 version, but it's still not bad at all.

Cutscene-wise, I love how the animation is more inspired by the more cartoony western style this time around. The type of humor (lol food) is something I really wouldn't have expected from the past few games, and it fits perfectly. I also love how Eggman sits in an "eggchair" and has a little egg-shaped robot. Finally, his name is brought to life. Again, Sonic's new model in the 360 version/during Wii cutscenes is brilliant, it's exactly like the ones in the Shadow and Sonic Next CG scenes. The mouth at the side is extremely effective and makes him look a lot more like he's supposed to, in addition to the rest of his facial/body structure. If we ever see Shadow or Silver again, I hope their models will be redone this way as well.

4. Quexinos

Quexinos

Since 1997 Oldbie
  5. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    Agreed. I love Unleashed because it only contains characters relevant to the story and not just thrown in for filler and fan service. Sega should stick with this type of clean organization in future titles instead of spamming everyone's favorites in for the hell of it.

I hope we see a sequel of Unleashed come to fruition soon, I feel that Knuckles would fit the position of the Werehog since it's done with after this game, but only if SEGA/Sonic Team can come up with a logical reason and story as to why to include Knuckles. If he shows up, the next game would very much be Sonic & Knuckles 2.

I hope they axe the monsters too. There's no way they can come up with anymore of them at this point. They've had them come out of the Master Emerald to ridiculous circumstances being sealed inside a princess. Anymore of these obnoxious non Eggman global threats would just be silly.

6. Install Sonic Unleashed to your Xbox 360's hard drive, then insert the Sonic Unleashed 2 disc for LOCK-ON technology. :)

7. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    LOL.

By the way, how fast are the loading times for Unleashed with the new Xbox update? I have yet to get it since I don't have live at the moment. I heard the loading times are pretty fast, like a second and a half, but I think that's an obvious exaggeration. Could anyone enlighten me on this?

8. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    The second part of the final boss is rather annoying. QTE do NOT belong in bosses damn it. All this fucking up has given me two game overs. I'm not going back in until I have at least 10 lives.

Still loving most of the game though.

LOL a negative review by a bunch of nobodies.

9. Quexinos

Quexinos

Since 1997 Oldbie
    hey at least you can GET lives. There's no getting lives in the PS2 version =/

Amy wants to have a word with you... or is she gonna do something amazing that I haven't seen yet?

10. synchronizer

synchronizer

Are there any Xbox 360/ PS3 Eggmanland videos? I would like to compare.

11. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
    Yes there is. Go to a Gaia Gate. There's extra lives in those rooms that you can unlock.

edit:
    Someone on SSMB noticed this.

[​IMG]

Lol, Sega's CGI team loves the Dreamcast.

12. TSSZNews

TSSZNews

First @ Something or Other Banned
    The Update Desk
    Occasional JOURNALISM
  13. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    Go dreamcast!

14. Hybrid Project Alpha

Hybrid Project Alpha

It's what's for dinner Oldbie
    Douglas, NB
    Getting a life
  15. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    In before the next game has a story that makes both Shadow and Silver relevant.

Also, I think in the Wii version you can freely change in the Gaia Gates

16. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
  17. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    Arrgh, maybe it's because I had a hangover yesterday morning and feel sick today even still, but I can't seem to beat Holoska night. (The part with all of the icicles and poles, I can't figure out how to get the fucking werehog off the pole, I'm mashing on every button on my 360, then the icicle breaks and I die.)

I'm also flipping a shit about Rooftop Run Daytime ACT 2. It is so hard to come to a complete stop in that level, so I fall and die. (P.S. I'm not even supposed to be there since I don't have Lightspeed dash.)

18. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
    Oh hey, I don't know if anyone has commented on this, but remember that trailer with sonic whistling where everyone thought he was whistling Angel Island Zone's theme? He's actually whistling the World Map theme.

19. Shadix

Shadix

Oldbie
    For some odd reason, you have to hold down the jump button for a while for it to register. You also have to like stop moving completely first before trying it. The poles are probably the most clunky part of werehog gameplay.

20. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    Really? Seriously, I didn't find any trouble getting through those areas. I even overabused Werehog's double-jump to skip some of those poles. Got S-Rank in the first try!
    Now... about Skyscrapper Scamp ACT1 Nighttime... >_>

Also, I can't definitely get a S-Rank in this stage. There's that part where your only route is walking in these tight paths, with spikes in the sides, and a big, deep, bottomless pit. There's a pont where it starts to shake and fall, so you have to make it quickly, and there's no possibility of make it to the other side without falling at least once (unless you're really lucky in your try).

Haha! It's funny: Sonic goes forward. Sonic is too fast. If I try to press the button to make him go left, he simply doesn't. Then he falls. All the time.
    Also, NOTE: It is possible to beat this level without the Lightspeed Dash.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.