don't click here

Sonic Unleashed

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Adamis, Mar 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Wow, excellent! I guess this shows they do listen, after all; at least in the case of Hashimoto.

That actually gives me a serious boost of enthusiasm. If he knows exactly what we're going on about and agrees with us, then he should know exactly what we find wrong with modern Sonic games and try his best to work out some sort of global compromise. Let's hope it's as good as it looks! :)

2. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    So how long until someone pimps Sonic Retro to him, providing he doesn't already know about us, the #2 Sonic site on the web? (Your ass is next, Sega) :)

I do hope this is just straight talk and not the usually PR vomit. I'll give him some credit since I believe it was him who broke the chain by flat out saying that Sonic wasn't going back to his roots.

3. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    Hashimoto is now my replacement Yu Suzuki until he actually does something.

4. NioZero

NioZero

ConcepciĆ³n, Chile
    Tornado Sky Fighters
    the two comercial were very good.. and definitely 90's...

the game looks very promising, but I hope the wii version are very good too..

5. Zenor

Zenor

flip the chessboard over Member
    Oh, I think this makes him different from the other directors. I hope he really agrees and tries to work on our complains.

6. NioZero

NioZero

ConcepciĆ³n, Chile
    Tornado Sky Fighters
    maybe thats the reason why sega puts all those gameplays videos... because he knows we will check and review and for that, in the next video, lots of problems solved...

the evolution of this threath about opinnions is interesting... lots of users have changed his mind about this game positively... and thats is very good...

7. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    I also feel like I've been waiting too long to hear what AM2 has been up to.

But now we know what Takashi Iizuka has been up to, he's a manager.

He can't hurt Sonic anymore...

Eh, I think he just wasn't suited to the director's job.

8. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    Even if it's a scene, seeing Super Sonic in commercials is AWESOME.

9. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    Let's talk model. Is anyone else digging Sonic's model? (especially the way the quills come off his head)

10. Quexinos

Quexinos

Since 1997 Oldbie
    YES! A thousand times YES!

11. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    I like the Sonic model quite a lot -- given the box art render of Sonic 06, which is very similar indeed, you'd think it would look like this one in-game there.

12. Vaiz

Vaiz

I'm still here for some reason! Member
    Internet.
    Speaking of models.

[​IMG]

I definitely like Unleashed's the most out of any recent iterations of Sonic in a 3D format, though it looks like they took a lot of visual cues from the Brawl model.

13. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
    For the 100th time, they took no cues from brawl. He's based of his superstars tennis look.

14. Phos

Phos

I remember when I first saw Sonic's Brawl model I loved it. But after looking at the Sonic Unleashed model, the Brawl model just looks amateurish by comparison.

15. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    Actually, it seems to be a near direct port of the Sonic Channel CG models of late...like the one in your avatar.

These were also used in Sonic Rivals 2, with a few refinements since then.

16. PC2

PC2

GenMobile > 3DS Member
    Various Artwork & Music, :smug:
    I'm so glad they finally got the model and lighting right - ever since Shadow the Hedgehog, the models flip-flopped between CG scenes and gameplay, not just quality-wise, but in general structure as well. For years I've waited to see those awesome CG models in-game, and now we finally can. Sonic looks awesome this way, much better than he did in Sonic Next. I especially like his face and the way his shoes reflect light. The model combined with the smooth, lively animations and amazing environmental graphics makes this game an insta-win in terms of the visuals.

Just in terms of the face and body structure in general, I really love the way this one looks - it's not awkwardly short like that Sonic Heroes model, and doesn't make Sonic look too angry and serious like the Sonic Next one (seriously, what's up with those eyes? Reminds me of the European S3D Blast symbol, lulz). This one actually kind of reminds me of how he looked in the Adventure games, more specifically SA2 and SA:DX. The model reflects his "cocky teenager" attitude, which is what I always loved about the way he looked in SA2.

At the same time, this Sonic for some reason reminds me of Sonic 3&K. It's probably the way they did his shoes combined with that vivid blue and none of that glazed donut crap from the GCN games getting in the way... and the fact that he seems a lot cuter this time around. The exaggerated hands and feet was a much needed correction that pretty much all of the post-Adventure Series models lacked as well.

17. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
  18. TylerAW

TylerAW

As cool as each video looks, I just can't help but think that this is just another Sonic Rivals (If you have not played this game they have 2 for the PSP and its all just pressing forward and occasionally jumping, its sort of fun but only when you have played through each level more than once).

I'm gonna wait for User Reviews than regular reviews on this one but I still have my fingers crossed tightly.

It seems like they are mixing up speed stages and exploration stages but the problem with that is the old Sonic games were both. Each level needs exploration and speed so I have a feeling this is not going to be the great Sonic game we are all hoping for, but there is always hope.

19. Phos

Phos

20. Compsense

Compsense

NC, USA
    some dance album or summat
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.