don't click here

Sonic Unleashed

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Adamis, Mar 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Compsense

Compsense

NC, USA
    some dance album or summat
    The wall jump kind of reminds me of N Game

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    That, or just because PS3 games are more pricey anyway ;D
    Seriously, last time I checked, it was the same with that DBZ Burst Limit game. PS3 games just cost more.

3. Hodgy

Hodgy

UK
    Games programming :)
    Wow that video is amazing! I get more and more hyped every time I see some footage of this game :D !

4. GIHunter

GIHunter

Regardless of whether or not the 360 version is gonna have DLC, it would make no difference. PS3's with internet access have a "Playstation store" in the menu, so they can download content too. I have downloaded a number of demos, addons, and themes from the PSS before (yes, I have a PS3). So, DLC or not, there really wouldn't be a difference.

5. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    You sure about that? Aren't new XBOX 360 games $60? They have been for as long as I can remember, with the only exceptions being Rare's games actually. I'm pretty sure Viva Pinata wasn't $60, and I paid $40 for Banjo-Kazooie: N&B.

EDIT: In fact, I just checked Gamestop's site, looked a few upcoming/new 360 releases (other than Unleashed). $59.99.

I'm well aware of what the PS3 can do, and that it has an online store, thank you. I just know that a few games with DLC get it on the 360 and not on the PS3 for whatever reason. One prime example being GTAIV. Not a very good argument, I know, because the PS3 GTAIV doesn't have the extra missions either way.

Just saying. It's a theroy. I didn't say I was right.

And while I'm probably wrong, because around here I'm never right about anything it would seem, it's my own take on the price difference.

Sorry, but it's a better theory about the weird pricing and release schedule than "they're releasing it later in Japan, so the US release will be buggy as fuck-all because it's Sega and they've never done anything right".

To be quite honest, I'm surprised the PS3 version isn't the one that's $10 cheaper. It's coming out almost a month later, and I doubt too many PS3 owners give a fuck about Sonic anymore, aside from the ones here. A $50 price tag would almost guarantee that they'd sell twice as many copies of the PS3 version, if not more. The difference would add up.

6. synchronizer

synchronizer

I just hope that the PS3 version is just as good as the 360 version.

7. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
    I can confirm via an employee at Microsoft Game Studios that they set their MSRP at $59.99 for all Xbox 360 games. I can also confirm via anecdote that every single Xbox 360 game I've bought has been $59.99. Rare is apparently special as they price their games at $39.99.

8. *facepalm*
    The 360 came out in 05. It's common knowledge that most 360 games are priced at $60 a pop. It's been the same for three years. Publishers set their own prices however and aren't required to follow the $60 suggestion. Why are we arguing about this three years after-the-fact?

9. Hodgy

Hodgy

UK
    Games programming :)
    DMC4 was £10 cheaper for the xbox version than the ps3.

Although I can pick up PS3 exclusive games for around £35 now :rolleyes: (resistance 2 and motorstorm 2 on play.com)

10. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    It could just be the UK, but last I checked most PS3 games are generally more expensive than 360 ones. Probably is just the UK considering what you said.

11. Shade

Shade

Yeah, no, in my experience PS3 and 360 games are equally priced (read: way too expensive): $59.99 which rounds out to around $64.34 a pop all said.

12. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Then it is just the UK then. My bad

13. Vlcice

Vlcice

Oldbie
    GTA4's DLC is exclusive on the 360 because Microsoft paid for that exclusive; I believe that's the case for all exclusive DLC on both systems. Honestly, I don't think Microsoft or Sony would consider Sonic important enough anymore to buy DLC exclusivity for it.

14. Cap

Cap

The prices aren't bad over here. We still get charged about the same price, as the last gen stuff when it was 2 or 3 years old.
    But heck, I think we're getting bored now. Taking about the price of the game.

What I'm dying to know, is when is this demo coming out. It's still 2 weeks until it'll be released here. So it should be out in my opinion, in about 7 days. Hopefully saturday.

I'm also thinking, if they release Unleashed in europe first, do we get the demo before everyone as well.

15. Not really, Sonic 06 had walljump no? =P

16. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    The point to point jumping is so far removed from the wall jump in Unleashed that I don't really make a mental connection between them.

And it would also seem that the retailers are now in agreement about the release date, which are now the same as Gamestop's dates, except for Best Buy, who is listing them one day after everyone else's (probably to account for the time it takes to ship the game across the country). And the only store selling it for more than $50 is Gamestop, who is charging $60 for the PS3 version. So unless they drop their price, don't go there for the PS3 version.

17. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Curious about the next gen versions getting a $10 price cut... not that I'm complaining since that's a nice Merry Christmas from Sega to let me keep $12 (this includes the differences in prices when taxes are accounted for) which will most likely go toward Chrono Trigger on the DS or some other (essential) expense.

18. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
  19. Cap

Cap

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned yet. Point to Point jumping is back in Unleashed. The only difference is, that you have to press different buttons for each landing pad. So it's not the same button each time.
    Really, it took them about 10 years to figure out that, that works better.

Anyways, theres a lot of stuff ripped from other games. The only thing really new to unleashed is werehog and quick step. Perhaps wall jump as well, although Mighty used it in Knuckles Chaotix. The drift is sorta new, but it uses an almost identical mechanic from Sonic Riders 1.

20. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    From a new interview with Hashimoto: http://games.kikizo.com/features/sonic-unl...nterview-p1.asp

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.