don't click here

Sonic Unleashed

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Adamis, Mar 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vaiz

Vaiz

I'm still here for some reason! Member
    Internet.
  2. Super

Super

The ever vigilant GSWAS. Member
    Michigan
    Youtube
    Hmm... In that Mazuri video, I noticed Sonic crawling... This means one thing.

Sakurai was wrong with Brawl. I demand an Unleashed Patch for Brawl to correct this terrible injustice. And cut tripping. Instead throw in that high-speed crashing from the Nick Arcade alpha.

Moving unto the commercial, I laughed. The 90's influence is so very apparent in that commercial, it's obvious they are harking back to the old days when Sonic was well known for good reasons instead of bad. Also, the kid was playing at night throughout - I don't think the moonshine has any effect on Sonic, just night in general. CONSISTENCY ERROR? IN MY AMERICA?

And while I noticed he said Sonic World Adventure Series, I'm sure the 'World' part was a slip of the tongue, as suggested by other members. And Tweaker, I don't recall him referring to the boost part, just the Homing attack, when he claimed it's affinity with previous games, or am I mistaken?

3. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    His Dair should also be a lagless disjointed "fall" (as opposed to a "stall then fall"). I can't help but this Sakurai got some advanced knowledge about Sonic Unleashed, he hasn't had a wall jump before.

4. Quexinos

Quexinos

Since 1997 Oldbie
    On the commercial... I liked it cause it had a cat in it ^_^

5. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
  6. synchronizer

synchronizer

Didn't someone say that the guide was coming out today? If anyone gets it, perhaps they could scan it? (Now that I have taken a closer look at the cover, I see that it only details the Wii/PS2 versions.)

7. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Yeah, but unfortunately I won't be heading anywhere near a Gamestop until tomorrow.

Also...wow. That Mazuri level was fantastic. I was already excited, but...damn. I will say though, that whoever was playing knew what he was doing, but his encounter with that flamethrower robot...oh my God. I was literally yelling at my screen. "Come on, dumbass, just jump left, there's a platform behind you! You can get more air and a better shot at attacking, since you can't time your jump for shit!" Seriously, why is everyone so terrible at platforming games these days? Oh. Wait. It's because the market is being oversaturated with overrated FPS games and games that require no skill, like World of Warcraft.

Seriously, having been a "skilled" gamer for most of my life, that specific part of the video just bothers the living hell out of me. I'd hate to see that guy play an NES MegaMan game.

Inactive in here today...I know us Americans are still either in bed or at school, but isn't like 5 or 6PM in the UK?

8. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=201505

Sonic Unleashed has been delayed in Japan for no other reason then sales and getting game discs out. The quality will be the same, we just get it early.

Sounds good to me.

9. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    What's the current US/EU release date now? Heard it was around Nov 24/5?

Also:
    Um, what? Have you ever played Sonic Adventure/2k6 or seen the Sonic CD intro?

10. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Also Sonic Heroes -- there was most certainly a wall jump there.

11. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    I'm skeptical. Didn't Sega of Japan specifically say it was for quality reasons? And now Sega of America, who's PR has no problems lying to people about games ("No, really! The Sonic 2006 demo was a really old build! It'll be fixed, honest!") is saying it was for other reasons.

I smell damage control.

12. synchronizer

synchronizer

A HORIZONTAL wall jump. Sonic never had one that allowed him to move vertically.

13. Loggo

Loggo

Rafina
    The Mazuri trailer was very good.
    Even though I'm not the biggest fan of the modern Sonic formula, I'm going to buy Unleashed at day one. I hope one day SEGA realizes that the best way to introduce those games are via a spin off series alongside classic formula based Sonic titles. That would be the best for everyone, Sonic fans, gamers in general and modern Sonic games themselves.

14. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    I'm sort of in the same boat here. I'm betting any changes they make won't be major, such as bugfixes, graphical effects, and maybe even cultural references. The changes made to Sonic 1's Japanese release were subtle and didn't directly affect gameplay, but it was still a superior release. I mean, they even gave the games two different names. Something has to be going on here.

If nothing else, I suppose we'll be able to find out what the differences are once the Japanese release comes out. I can only trust that they aren't too drastic, though I won't hold anything past them. I don't think the quality of the game as a whole will be affected as much as just certain, potentially insignificant aspects of the game.

Well yeah, that would just be awkward, wouldn't it? =P

15. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    Captain Falcon never had a Falcon Punch until Smash Bros either. But then again, I really don't know if the F-Zero anime was part of the canon or not. >_>

16. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    Hm, actually, Sega of America didn't post that, it was an update to the Japanese site.

This is bizarre.

17. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    I figured as much, but I still stand by my argument that the 360 version is $10 cheaper than the PS3 version because it will have DLC and the other may have it included.

If there are any differences in the releases, I still believe that's probably it. That whole "we're gonna improve quality" may have just been another way of saying it'll do better after Christmas in Japan.

18. It doesn't matter since the anime came after SSB 64. And I'm pretty sure, like Kirby, Sonic, and Pokémon, the anime continuity is separate from the games (although F-Zero had some anime-based GBA titles).

19. synchronizer

synchronizer

Whatever, the wall jump was probably added because Sonic is agile enough to do it, and it made sense. Is there anything else on Unleashed now?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.