don't click here

Sonic 1 Megamix

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Tweaker, Dec 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlueLemonade

BlueLemonade

Fantastic! The emulator runs at nice round rate of 90 FPS. Thanks :v:

I also have a question for Tweaker. Does the fact that you've cancelled work on Sonic 1 Megamix mean you will also be discontinuing Sonic 2 Megamix?

2. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Yeah, I'm done with the Megamix projects. I'll likely simply be helping others with various hacking tasks now, be it via answering questions or doing music stuff; when it comes to projects, though, I'm not really psyched about doing another.

3. I sort of dislike macs. I'll think about using one if there finally are replacements for all my windows programs I use.

That's what I like on Linux. You have Wine, cedega etc. which is awesome. Cedega doesn't need any tweaks to run kega fusion :D

On topic:

Yeah, well, Megamix crashes after Dark fortress zone act 1 as sonic with a black screen before the special stage.

4. Uhh oerg don't know where you missed the part where tweaker said he's not going to touch megamix. Well tweaker, taking a break can't hurt =)

5. roxahris

roxahris

Everyone's a hypocrite. Take my word for it. Member
    Doing anything at all
    Tried waiting? Megamix's load times can get a bit...
    ...looooooooooooooooooong.

6. Sir Euan

Sir Euan

Glasgow, Scotland
    http://www.iameuangallacher.co.uk
    Dunno if someone had already noticed this or not but...

Long loading times
    Remixed older levels
    Released before it was finished

Are we sure we got the right game here? It sounds an awful lot like something else from 2006

7. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    Everyone here is appreciating what has been accomplished so far since they've all accepted that this is not going to be finished.

But hey, if you want to be a douchebag and ruin everyone's parade go right on ahead cock maggot.

8. Sir Euan

Sir Euan

Glasgow, Scotland
    http://www.iameuangallacher.co.uk
    Oh jeez, I was just joking!

Did I say it was released in a horribly unplayable state? Sorry for having a sense of humour. Megamix is one the hacks I actually enjoy playing, heck Tweaker has even helped before with my sxg/rsxg project.

9. SaviourDCX

SaviourDCX

Oldbie
    It runs awesome on my PAL-E Mega CD 2! Lot's of fun happening here, cheers Tweaker.

10. Irixion: I know that.

Roxahris: Yeah I left it on for an hour and I played on Gens btw.

11. Oerg, it crashes sometimes, especially with special stages and all. Level select coming out of and into too many times makes it go gay...shame it's over, but it's still l33t.

Rox: Loading times....Sonic 06--*sucked into black hole*

Well what I do is play it in the gens mod where you can hold tab to speed things up =P Works like a charm.

12. GasparXR

GasparXR

I'm back! Member
    Exactly what I do, lol. Who knew speeding up the game also sped up load times!

13. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Has anyone who's complaining about loading times ever PLAYED Sonic CD on an actual Mega CD?

14. notaz

notaz

Tech Member
    Regarding some crashes on the real hardware, it seems the code sometimes goes crazy and starts accessing invalid memory locations. This could be tracked down using an emu which can detect such things.

About the loading times, they are normal compared to other Sega/Mega CD games. The CD drive is only 1X, and games tend to use FIFO to take data from CD buffer. First they send 2KiB sector read command to CD drive, after the 'done' interrupt 68k loads data in 2 byte pieces from FIFO, sends the command again an process continues..

15. I'm not sure if anyone's asked these too questions, but 1) DFZ had a new boss in it, were the other levels meant to get new bosses too? If so, what would the general concept would have been for each boss? And 2) Knuckles had a special level layout for the first act of a couple levels, was that going to be extended to each character so they'd all each have their own unique level layouts?

16. Just downloaded and played this, and I must say, canceled or not, this is the best hack in existence

17. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    How's that coming along btw?

18. Nicholas Onimura

Nicholas Onimura

Lurker Member
    *insert generic praise here*

Even though this hack will never be finished, it's still a blast to play. And playing it on my SEGA CD made it even more delicious.

And Sunny Shores 3 has one of the best GHZ remixes I've heard.

Good night sweet prince, and a flight of angels sing thee to thy rest.

19. Now someone make a sega CD emulator for home brew =P

20. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    If you mean on PSP...

(points to Picodrive)

If you mean DS... good luck with that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.