don't click here

Sonic 1 Megamix

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Tweaker, Dec 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Please stop pulling assumptions out of your ass. Or, if you must, keep them out of my topic, please.

2. SoberMilk

SoberMilk

South Lanarkshire, Scotland
    Moderating Nocturnal Engine
    I did own one once, but it died on me. A small pop was heard from the machine while I was playing this rabdom Peter Pan game. Never worked since. >_>

3. Therein lies the problem.

4. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Protip: Picodrive runs the game perfectly fine on PSP, as Tweaker, myself, and quite a few others have tested out. Also, the guy complaining about the DS not being able to play it is because the DS doesn't have a Sega CD emulator that I know of. Picodrive is on DS, but isn't very good. JenesisDS is the best one for the system and that one still has problems.

Just wanted to contribute that.

5. Granville

Granville

US
    I wasn't really trying to cause trouble. JenesisDS does plays about 90% of all Genesis games (including previous versions of Megamix) just fine with full speed and nearly perfect sound. It getting better too. I'm not trying to cause a fight, but it is a very good emulator. However, I can play this on PC just fine. It's not a problem. :thumbsup:

And no Tweaker, I'm not trying to whine. Porting this to Sega CD makes it better at getting it on real hardware. That's the coolest thing you can do for a home-made game!

And I do know that JenesisDS has no CD emulation. That would likely blow the DS up!

6. Ben Laserlove

Ben Laserlove

Team Megamix, even through this hack never will be completed, the soundtrack is completed. In my heart.

Goddamn, this is the one of the best videogame-soundtracks I've ever heard, and I think it deserves more love then it currently seems to have. MM Act 2, DF Act 1 and CO Act 4 is the highlights in my opinion, and the whole package is as good as Smash Bros. Brawls, maybe even better.

7. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    Yeah, I love DF Act 1 too, it's a conversion from Moon / Mars ~ Sukarabe Fight BGM 3 from The Hybrid Front, a game where Naofumi wrote the music. I think I prefer the Megamix conversion over the original actually. Better drums.

8. Spudgun

Spudgun

It's a shame to hear this project has been discontinued.

Mad props to Team Megamix nonetheless; this truely was a brilliant project.

Will give it a whirl on my Mega CD later in order to experience the game as it should be played ;)

9. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Shit, I ALONE have like 5 or 6 MegaCD units.

10. Sith

Sith

The molotov bitch Member
    OL wins!
    I can throw in one myself.

11. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Original, No substitute Resident Jester
    Japan
    Give me one of them, PMSL

By the way, is megamix supposd to freeze after DFZ act 3 has been complete?

12. xdaniel

xdaniel

Random useless factoids: the release of "Megamix CD" made me get my lazy ass up and have my MCD2 fixed for good. Gotta cost me something, though, as I can't solder at all (small game shop in the area, once talked to the owner about the MD extensions, said he'd fix my MCD if I'd bring it over and tell him what to do). Which in turn made me consider learning how to solder myself, because I'm certainly not going to shell out another 10€ per unit or something to have 50/60Hz and language switches installed into my MDs.

And to post something on-topic: As many said before, it's sad to see Megamix being cancelled, but it's the decision of its team and I respect that. And despite bugs and whatnot, this last release is one damn great hack and I'm looking forward to being able to play it on real hardware soon! :D

13. Naldrag

Naldrag

... Member
    Earth
    Lurking
    Heh, when ever I get my lappy back I'll be able to burn it and put it on my Xbox, I might want to try finding a SegaCD as well so I can play it on that as well. :P

14. Mad Echidna

Mad Echidna

Gone Oldbie
    My unkle might give me one, but it's hard to get him arsed to dig for it.

15. Quexinos

Quexinos

Since 1997 Oldbie
    Hi guys, just so you know, when I played this hack a few months ago as Shadow... I gained some Shadow liking points. That's how great this hack is. Now it's even better and even though you say it'll never be completed, I love it the way it is.

This one will go down in history. Good job all of you ^_^

16. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    I don't have a SegaCD, but this gives me more of a reason to buy a USB controller for my laptop. I just have to get used to controlling the directional with my left hand again.

17. BlueLemonade

BlueLemonade

For those who use macs. I could run Kega Fusion through Parallels, but it's slow as hell.

I would try and find the leaked version, but Tweaker has clearly stated that it's off limits now (which is fine; I'm not complaining about it).

18. Sappharad

Sappharad

Oldbie
    Kega Fusion runs full speed for me under VMWare Fusion. Perhaps download the free trial of that and see if it works better for you than Parallels?

A native Sega CD emulator is on it's way, just not soon...

19. LazloPsylus

LazloPsylus

Buried under SSRG Somewhere Tech Member
    Academy City
    SSRG, world domination, a billion and one research projects...
    Have you tried Kega Fusion under WINE? I've been using that for the past couple months and other than a few quirks (I've got a text file with a list of what they are) it works just about perfect for Sega CD and 32X games, including Megamix.

If anyone wants to try Kega Fusion under WINE, PM me so I can give you the list of quirks that you need to know about before running.

20. Puto

Puto

Shin'ichi Kudō, detective. Tech Member
    Portugal, Oeiras
    Part of Team Megamix, but haven't done any actual work in ages.
    Go wild

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.