don't click here

Sonic 1 Megamix

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Tweaker, Dec 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jman2050

jman2050

Teh Sonik Haker Tech Member
    What everyone else said

2. SaviourDCX

SaviourDCX

Oldbie
    It won't let me access time attack in level select, it just gives me that error noise.-I'm stupid-

3. Puto

Puto

Shin'ichi Kudō, detective. Tech Member
    Portugal, Oeiras
    Part of Team Megamix, but haven't done any actual work in ages.
    Choose "Lvlselect" and then hold C while selecting a zone; There, you're in time attack mode.

4. SaviourDCX

SaviourDCX

Oldbie
    That's not bad, better then nothing. But not amazing. I'll give you $70. Take it or leave it. I'll hand over the extra $30 once I know how to turn the music off and leave the sound effects on.

5. jman2050

jman2050

I'll take it, but I wanna know what the music being off has to do with the time attack mode?

6. SaviourDCX

SaviourDCX

Oldbie
    Well basically I enjoy my favorite games more if I can play my own music. This is how I completed Sonic 360 without getting drunk to put up with the loading times and other shit. Basically the time attack mode doesn't seem to display the best times in a 1st, 2nd, 3rd and stuff before you enter the level.

Post update: $70AUD has been sent.

7. It wouldn't be very hard to do, just....delete the playlist or set all of the songs to 00, I did that with my 'Sonic Unleashed Revamped' video (or something, forgot the name, :@)

8. SaviourDCX

SaviourDCX

Oldbie
    Sorry I don't have the technical knowledge on how to do that. I'm using the Mega CD version (and playing on an actual Mega CD). Although I'd play on PC if I could disable the music. I'll play around with Gens+ to see if I can figure it out. I know stuff all about hex editing etc...

9. Mad Echidna

Mad Echidna

Gone Oldbie
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmoney! How kind of you, SaviourDCX!

10. SaviourDCX

SaviourDCX

Oldbie
    Your welcome.

11. jman2050

jman2050

Thank you much. I appreciate the gesture.

12. evilhamwizard

evilhamwizard

Researcher
    I can't believe you actually paid him. :P

For a moment there I thought you were kidding.

13. GEE If you can spare money like that I need some, I'm about to be kicked out of my house lol

14. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Okay, uh... Back on topic. Seriously—the money issue is done and over with. Let's see some actual game discussion.

15. The Shad

The Shad

↑ & ↓ & ↻ Oldbie
    I'll be honest.. After an initial play through, the game has lost its appeal with me. I've tried to start a new game with one of the other characters, but I don't even bother saving. I just put it down and end up restarting when I pick it up next. This could just be me, but while the initial spark is "awesome", after that it turns to general apathy as I realise thats it. Maybe its because its not finished, but I'm just not blowing my load over it like everyone else.

16. plushifoxed

plushifoxed

that power is yet unknown Oldbie
    jazzy nyc
    puella magi chroma magica
    ..... I've gotta be honest. I've been feeling the same way about this.

It starts off with "holy shit awesome new music is awesome", but then I realize that past DFz, just about nothing is different from the Megamix I beat back in version 3.0. And then it's just... ehhh.

17. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    I could only play with Sonic.

18. No Big The Cat?

Forever will this game be incomplete. :V

19. jman2050

jman2050

Maybe?

20. The Shad

The Shad

↑ & ↓ & ↻ Oldbie
    Well see, I hadn't played the leak and I don't think I played 3.0, so I thought "hey, its unfinished, but its still different.. Lets see what we've got" and I figured with the different characters I'd get more than one game out of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.