don't click here

Will Sonic and the Secret Rings be the 3D Sonic Rush?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Hayate, Jan 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hayate

Hayate

Tech Member
    By the title, I mean is SatSR going to be the first good 3D Sonic game since Adventure 2, like how SR was the first good 2D Sonic game since Advance 1.
    ^ Highly opinionated sentence, but you get the point.

I found this in my email from the GAME weekly update today: http://www.game.co.uk/ViewProduct.aspx?cat...ic%20wii%20prev

I sure hope this ends up to be how they describe it. If this is the next-gen Sonic Adventure then it will kick ass.

2. Agent ME

Agent ME

Void where prohibited Member
    No other sonic characters? I hope that means no other playable characters, not that they aren't in the game. A game without Robotnik, or Tails following Sonic and periodically popping up in the story wouldn't feel like a Sonic game at all :/

This game looks cool so far though - I might just need to get a Wii.

3. Retro_Stew

Retro_Stew

French Twitch Gamer Member
    France
    Twitch channel
    Sonic Rush wasn't a good game.

4. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    FUCK YES.

5. Rolken

Rolken

Tech Member
    :cough:

Not that SonicSR doesn't have the potential to be awesome, but a single preview from a company with an incentive to sell the game means nothing, especially since anything approaching substance has been written about dozens of times elsewhere anyway.

6. SunshineSonic06

SunshineSonic06

Banned
    I think that the idea is bullshit because if rings are secret they have to be really big

7. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    They'll fuck it up...you just wait

8. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Anyway, I wouldn't take early glimpses and press releases to mean much. Call me crazy, but didn't they say that Sonic '06 wouldn't have any extra characters early on in production? And then didn't it end up having, like... all of them plus some new ones? Even if they never specified anything about the amount of characters in the game, I'm sure that nobody's going to forget the infamous "taking Sonic back to his roots" line. I say that these magazines and such mean nothing until we see the finished game.

9. CloverCC

CloverCC

Could it be similar to the "Chaos rings", from Knux chaotix?

10. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    The game is coming out in March. If they want to fuck it up, they better do it quickly.

11. Rockman Zero

Rockman Zero

Hello there, my little friend. Member
    Videos for Hellfire Commentaries.
    Seconded, seeing how we all got our hopes up for Sonic Genesis and Sonic Next. Sonic Next was supposed to be Sonic alone, Shadow not included.

12. hxc

hxc

spotteddove Researcher
    Game is a site that advertizes games, its not like their gonna fucking slag it off now is it. Think first please.

13. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    Sonic 06 was supposed to be the game that saved the series, and it sunk like the Titanic. I think it's far worse to have high expectations and be dissappointed than to have neutral ones and evaluate it in hope that it won't be another disaster.

Myself, I'm looking for a new series to be my favorite—one that is more reliable. Maybe Mega Man. Although they keep on killing and reviving the same characters over and over again.

14. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    Still better then killing the entire franchise

15. CloverCC

CloverCC

Eh, that's what Happens nowadays. Rarely does a game live to be the best overtime. Mario, Zelda, And Metroid are the only ones I actually see as keeping it up, even after almost 20 years. Crash bandicoot, Sonic the hedgehog, and many others all either kept changing, or lost the crowd's attention. Sonic still has good ups, But I mean, as Metal said, "It was supposed to be the game that saved the series".. Unless by some miracle, Sonic and the secret rings actually has good elements, no characters, etc, there might be a chance.

16. Skaarg

Skaarg

So far from what I've seen, and what I've read in this thread SatSR looks like it'll be a pretty good game. The only thing I just can't get over is this: [​IMG]
    That has got to be the worst box art for a Sonic game I've ever seen.

17. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    Bling bling mother fuckers.

Seriously, I loved the old one better, that one is just fucking retarded.

18. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Do you want to taco 'bout it? Member
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    GoldenEye: Source, Other Stuff
    I don't see anything wrong with the box art, maybe the fact that the ring is on his middle finger and not on his ring finger, but still...

19. Mystical Ninja

Mystical Ninja

For old time's sake. Oldbie
    New Castle, Delaware
    Nothing that concerns this place in the least.
    You're only the second person I've heard make that comment.

For crying out loud...what does everyone have against Shadow? Everywhere I go, I hear (or in this case, "read") a complaint about him

20. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    The problem with Shadow is that not only is he a Sonic clone, but he came back so cheesily. I mean I had so much respect for Shadow back in SA2, he died to save the planet. Why couldn't that rest? Then the next game we have this shit that's like "Oh fuck who am I lol" and then "Oh shit I might be a robot". Although he was alright in Sonic 06, he had too much to do with vehicles and that was an overall shitty game, so any appearance in that is just harmful. However I have nothing against him in Rivals.

As for the Box art, I never noticed how that ring was on his middle finger. How strange. I definately liked the old boxart better (He looked more badass. As for this new one not only does he not look like a badass but it looks like he wants to rape you or something). as for the game itself, I'm trying not to anticipate much. Why? The more I look forward to a Sonic game, the more disapointed I am after a day of owning it. As long as I don't look forward to it, I won't be disapointed. Infact I just won't care. Although maybe We'll be surprised who knows.

Lets hope that this game is the 3D Sonic Rush. Perhaps Sonic can finally get on the road to recovery this way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.