don't click here

Will Sonic and the Secret Rings be the 3D Sonic Rush?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Hayate, Jan 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Banoon

Banoon

yes Member
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Yeth (hack)
    While I hope that all this is true, they'll probably mess it up near the end (Sonic Next anyone?) I'll stay neutral and hope for the best, but I don't have a Wii, so either I'll be saving myself from a horrible game, or I'll be missing out on an awesome gaming experience. Good thing I'm more into other games (*insert every music game ever here*) or I'd be going crazy with anticipation. Yesterday I watched some Youtube videos on glitches on Sonic Genesis, and I was not impressed. If they fuck this up with glitches everywhere, I'd pretty much lose almost all hope for Sonic. The boxart doesn't look very convincing, as he looks high. o.o

Just hope for the best, and if it turns out horrible, just wait for another so-called "bringing sonic back to his roots lolz!!" or get another favourite-franchise while checking up on Sonic every once in awhile.

2. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    I love how everyone acts like Sonic Next got fucked up at the end.

As far as I could tell, it raped itself in the ass sometime around April of last year, when the first trailer hit.

3. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    While this is true, it's really hard to tell how much Sonic Team fucks up something alot until the end. Mainly because they like to make everything appear so awesome by, instead of releasing gameplay demos, just releasing 2 second clips of multiple levels and movie sequences spliced into one trailer while giving it dynamic camera angles and everything. They don't release like gameplay movies until late in the games development (I'm not counting that E3 demo of Kingdom Valley because that was like a test engine).

And even if they do release some gameplay videos, they only release like some of the same levels which show gameplay which doesn't seem too bad, but one think that "They might fix it before the release" so they might just ignore all the bugs present. (Notice how they basically never showed Soleanna game footage in those level footages along with any of the more buggy annoying levels like Radical Train and Flamecore? Just Wave Ocean, Crisis City, Kingdom Valley, and a shit load of Iblis tidbits scattered everywhere)

But yes, going back to think about it now, this game was shot early on. I was depressed when I heard that Shadow was a main character, and that was a while ago.

4. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    Here are a few updates for you all. First, we have GoNintendo, with these little tidbits.

Presumably, they got this from these GamesMaster scans:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Got this all from The GHZ. (Credit where credit's due, after all.)

It's been proposed at said Sonic website that Sonic Rush isn't quite the game you should be comparing this to. No, you should be comparing this title to:

Sonic Riders.

Why? Let's look it over for a moment, shall we?

Sonic now has "100 new skills", of which most are probably filler. See: Riders with its "Gear" system. In particular, they alter how the character handles, which is also like the Gear system.

Linear levels, much like a racing game, where your concern is more with avoiding obstacles immediately in front of you more than anything.

Missions for individual levels - Riders had those there, too (although to be fair, so did just about every console Sonic title after Adventure).

Similar music - okay, that's THEIR comparison, not mine, but the one tune from Secret Rings I can remember certainly wasn't the usual genre for Sonic games.

Make of it what you will. Game's due in the US in February, apparently - not March, as was stated.

And one last thing - this really doesn't feel Arabic anymore. I mean, pirate ships? The connection is loose, if it's even existent at all.

5. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    Many of the "Good" games had some pretty miserable box art.

Also, while I didn't expect it to stay Arabic, and I knew the levels would be linear, why the heck are they trying to give him such a large number of skills?

6. Quexinos

Quexinos

Since 1997 Oldbie
    QFT, Im waiting for the 10 new characters that you have to play as during the game to show up.

7. Skaarg

Skaarg

Of course just look at the original Mega Man. The box art on it is definiatly the worst in video game history.

8. Hayate

Hayate

Tech Member
    Shadow's my third favorite character in SA2B (after Sonic and Eggman). I actually want to buy Shadow the Hedgehog. I keep delaying that, though, because I can never be arsed to go buy it.

Those are so cheesy.

If it's like how Emerl could change abilities in Sonic Battle, that will be good.

That's what I like in a game. Lots of different stuff to do. If you're a completionist like me, high replay value keeps you playing no matter what a game is like. :P

9. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    IGN just got another hands-on with it, and still seem to love it as much as ever.

Also, several incredibly sexy direct-feed videos.

GamesMaster, as shown above, had a hands-on with it recently, and it's going to be the Nintendo Power cover story next month. We'll be learning a lot more about it in the coming weeks.

10. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    Hm. I doubted it at first, but the fact they include the good ole' rock music as well as SA1/2 style speedy stages, in fact, FASTER stages than back then, means that, even if it sucks, I'll have nice music to listen to while I'm annoyed.

Something Sonic 06 couldn't do.

11. Rosiero

Rosiero

Mmph! Oldbie
    My point has just been proven. I hate Sonic Riders, and I hate what I can see of this.

12. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Aw, damn. =\

13. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    8 out of 10 gamers agree that Sonic 06's music was it's only redeeming factor.

14. Ultima

Ultima

Games Publisher Tech Member
    London, England
    Publishing mobile games!
    This looks funky. I'll be getting it regardless of whether it's Sonic-like or not, as long as it's a good fun game.

They should make a Sonic Battle game in proper 3D for the wii/ps3/x360. With some good multiplayer.

15. ChaotixTails

ChaotixTails

Custom title member Oldbie
    While I'm excited for this -- as any Sonic fan with a Wii probably is -- I'm taking the Kirkegard route and remaining neutral on how good it'll be. Because I'm going to buy it anyway and that's pretty much a given, all I can do is hope that it's more of a success than the previous Sonic efforts.
    It's shaping up to be one, I suppose, but I've learned not to trust previews.

16. Super

Super

The ever vigilant GSWAS. Member
    Michigan
    Youtube
    <!--quoteo(post=159975:date=Jan 20 2007, 12:20 PM:name=Ultima)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ultima @ Jan 20 2007, 12:20 PM) [​IMG]

17. Agent ME

Agent ME

Void where prohibited Member
  18. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    From some "official" Swedish Nintendo magazine. I highly doubt the credibility of that, but it wouldn't surprise me if it were to happen anyway.

Regardless, we're veering off topic here.

19. 87th

87th

FOX HOUNDER Member
    I wouldn't be too worried about the Riders comparison. I'm basically expecting a version of Sonic R with better controls, and "proper" levels.

20. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    [​IMG]

That is Erazor, if anyone cared. That dude on the right. He reminds me an awful lot of some of those Sonic 2K6 character designs...

Source is Impress Watch/Game Watch, but I found it on Sonic CulT posted by biggestsonicfan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.