don't click here

Sonic 1 GBA

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Shakidna, Jun 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Don't be fooled, it says "created by" as in "the original game". Just like in Sonic Advance, which was developed by Dimps while Sonic Team worked in the console games.

2. Dioxaz

Dioxaz

Oldbie
    Sonic Rush No Vocal
    By the way, speaking about Dimps, does anyone have an idea about who is behind this game? I seriously doubt it's Dimps, especially if we look back to what they did with Sonic Advance 1, for instance.

And, something pretty pointless: I'm currently working on revamping the audio but hell... having 8KHz-sampled sounds doesn't really help... and they used many times the same instruments for several tunes... lol, talking about an accurate port? indeed, sir! ^^;;;

In comparison, Sonic Genesis features 278KB of PCM sounddata while the first Sonic Advance features 760KB of PCM sounds!! Gah...

3. Quickman

Quickman

be attitude for gains Tech Member
    :x
    omg porjcet
  4. TeRaByTe88

TeRaByTe88

Pending Member
    Dear Creators of Sonic Genesis,

A port of Sonic 1 for Atari 2600 would have been better than this
    that is all
    Thank You

5. unAWARE

unAWARE

Mmm...morphball! Member
    Southwest Michigan
    Raising my son
    oh my GOD this remake is absolutely HORRIBLE

The music is way too low-quality to be tolerable, even on the GBA

The speed at which the game runs at is inconsistent...

etc.

I thought it would be awesome to finally have a Sonic classic officially (as in from Sega) available, but when a pile of dogshit that's covered in vomit and been masturbated over is better than this game's quality...you know Sega is nearing the end...

6. drx

drx

mfw Researcher
    :rolleyes:
    Dear random-people-who-made-this-monster,

I suggest that you start a turkey farm.

Best regards,
    Sonic Vejita SSJ7

7. TeRaByTe88

TeRaByTe88

Pending Member
    Now of course, this is OUR chance to prove we're better then sega, perhaps by making our own GBA port

8. Wow, that's logical. I bet the horrible physics and slowdowns in this game would possibly happen on an Atari 2600 port of S1.

I can't believe I tortured myself trying to beat this shit. Labyrinth Zone is mother fucking torture. You think the slowdown is bad? Fuck, add it to a water level.

9. Dioxaz

Dioxaz

Oldbie
    Sonic Rush No Vocal
    Yes, but all the rest is FM sound and ADPCM-compressed data and doesn't take that much space. :P
    In your letter, add that they should use their 32MB more efficiently. :lol:

10. Shakidna

Shakidna

Rehash Rampage Member
    Is it just me or do invincibles last forever?

11. Crysta

Crysta

Oldbie
    its just you :\

unless by "forever" you mean "longer than they should but still finite"

12. ComPro

ComPro

Just hangin' around. Member
    Worst...game...ever.

Sorry if I restate some things in my list of rants, but I just need to tear this game a new asshole...

As mentioned above, the invincibilities last a lot longer than they should. The physics are the worst I've ever seen in a game, and the overall slowness of the game is ridiculous. When you have problems beating Green Hill Zone and Marble Zone in decent lengths of time, you know something is wrong. The sound is utterly ridiculous as well. I think the MIDIs I made sound better than the songs in the game. Also, has anyone noticed that Sonic tends to jump higher than he should?

Object placement is also messed up in a few levels (for example, the shield in Marble Zone Act 1 is a bit sunk into the ground). The boss for Green Hill Zone Act 3 locks the screen in an improper spot, causing the player to have to scroll over to get to the opposite platform. It may be a limitation of the screen size, but I can't say that with 100% certainty. It also seems to me that Sonic's sprite, relative to everything else, is a tad larger than it should be. It may just be me, though.

A nice touch, though, is the game saving. It doesn't take long for it to save your spot, and it's quite convenient, especially when you find yourself dying over and over again in easy levels in a game that can easily be beaten without dying once on a Genesis.

Out of 5 stars, I'm hesitant to give this game 1/2.

13. Heran Bago

Heran Bago

Ah! It's Puyo battle then. Tech Member
    Interesting theory Mr. ICEknight. But do you have any evidence?

14. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    In before Phoenix Wright.

15. Ambil

Ambil

I want that heinous hedgehog hammered! Member
    Lawl, wait and see.

LOst would smash his head to his monitor if he saw this game. :D

16. Mr. Ksoft

Mr. Ksoft

I opened the ROM.

Roughly thirty seconds later I was in tears. (sad tears)

What have they done to this poor, innocent game? o_o

I swear, this sucks so bad that I might buy a copy-- if nobody buys it because it's bad and I have one of the few copies that got sold (and not disposed of angrily a few hours later), it could be worth a damn lot.

17. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Lost actually ported S1 to C, and was talking about making a PC or DS port.....too bad he left.

18. Billy

Billy

RIP Oderus Urungus Member
    Colorado, USA
    Indie games
    hay guyz, lets buy dem all and bury dem with thos ataris

When I first played it I thought my computer was crapping out. All the cartridges certainly deserve a proper burial. I wish they'd make a port of Sonic 2 for DS, with a fresh new 2 screened engine. And maybe Sonic 3D Blast Saturn's special stage with touch screen =P

19. NickW

NickW

It's amazing how this game turned to poo. So many things are off, and massive slowdown.

I bet the genesis rom running on a genesis emulator for gba would run better than this.

20. StephenUK

StephenUK

Liquor in the front, poker in the rear Tech Member
    Manchester, UK
    Quackshot Disassembly
    Please, don't encourage them to destroy any more classics. They did a good enough job of that this time round. I want the 10 minutes of my life back that I spent playing this piece of shit. Thank christ ROM dumps exist, coz this would have been the biggest waste of money I'd ever made if I'd have bought it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.