don't click here

Sonic 1 GBA

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Shakidna, Jun 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rockman Zero

Rockman Zero

Hello there, my little friend. Member
    Videos for Hellfire Commentaries.
    Tell him to get back in here. I want to see Sega get pwned. (Again)

In 2-player mode, the top screen is your screen and the bottom shows your rivals screen. =P

2. Gibbo

Gibbo

Eggman, Deserving a Game since 1991. Member
    Ellesmere Port, UK
    Learning how to use Game Maker
    If this is how it plays on GBA/DS then the Game gear S1 was better than this. Its worse when you see how well the Mario Games were ported to GBA too. No slowdown, no sprite messups, just a straight clean port with extras.

3. Billy

Billy

RIP Oderus Urungus Member
    Colorado, USA
    Indie games
    I kinda meant a proper port. I personally don't trust them to do that, a guy can dream. Also, I doubt I'm "encouraging" them, because I doubt them peoplez come to this board.

At least the smart people won't be buying Sonic GBA, or any other half-assed port..

4. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
  5. Anyone notice that Sonic's sprite shifts very violently when looking up? Seriously, you thought Knuckles' look-up sprite issue was bad? Instead of moving one pixel, Sonic tends to move a couple of pixels, diagonally, and varies on slopes.

I hope that there's still room left in the landfill containing those E.T. Atari 2600 carts.

*writes on a plain piece of paper, "Sonic the Hedgehog", crumbles it up, tosses it into the landfill with thousands of Sonic Genesis carts, sheds a tear, covers the hole again, walks away*

6. jmr

jmr

I was excited when I first found out that an original genesis Sonic game was being ported to the GBA.
    But now, after trying the "port" (does it even deserve to be called that?) for the first time, I have this to say:
    Wow. Very very disappointing; depressing even. Glitches galore, the speed's terrible, the physics seem off, etc etc rant rant...
    Whoever okayed this for release must have been on mind-altering drugs or something.
    This game retails for about $20, right? They'd have to pay me that much before I'd want to own it.
    At least us GBA owners have this to look forward too.

7. superstarCSB

superstarCSB

snootch Member
    Lawrence, Kansas
    I probably should get back to work on my site someday...
    I'm not trying to feel sorry for this sorry port, but I think it was slightly easier to port the Mario games to the GBA because it's basically just a portable souped-up SNES. But then again if SEGA was for some reason making a port of Sonic 1 on the SNES, I bet it would be a lot better than this booger.

8. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    The reason for the slowdown should be obvious. The GBA lacks BLAST PROCESSING.

9. Quexinos

Quexinos

Since 1997 Oldbie
    welp I got about half way though GHZ1 and decided I was done with that steaming pile of bullshit :disgust:

the fact that Sega thinks they can get away with releasing the game like this just shows how bad they've become. Oh wait but they've been doing it for aw hile now *thinks of Heroes*

BTW a lot of people are saying Naka quit Sega, I haven't been involved in Sonic at all really in the last year or so so this is news to me... I kidna wanted him to quit to be honest because of how bad the games were with just him. I figured they couldn't get any worse but WOW Sega has proven me wrong.

10. Xkeeper

Xkeeper

lgkdfvlbjepasvdjzcvpaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Researcher
    the bone zone
    current-project-fart
    [​IMG]

Yes, I did play though the whole thing.

And got every emerald.

*sobs*

11. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
  12. Lath

Lath

13. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    That one doesn't have the emeralds collected. Plus the link doesn't work anymore.

14. Xkeeper

Xkeeper

lgkdfvlbjepasvdjzcvpaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Researcher
    the bone zone
    current-project-fart
  15. Jan Abaza

Jan Abaza

Oldbie
  16. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Do you want to taco 'bout it? Member
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    GoldenEye: Source, Other Stuff
    I don't think that would be true, why would Sega waste money recreating a game, just to hope that people don't like it. There will be some Sonic fans out there who don't know about emulation, who will be split on a 50-50 decision about getting either Sonic 1 Genesis or Sonic Next, and choose Sonic 1 Genesis, then go home, and find out that they wasted money on a piece of shit game. Mind you, they can go return the game, but what about the 10% of people who loose or throw out their receipt? Sega, like any company wants money, so why would they want to make a shitty game that won't sell good?

17. Jan Abaza

Jan Abaza

Oldbie
    Well, I guess you could always go and ask them, if you really wanna know where the part with people buying their games because they DON'T SUCK comes into all that. =P

18. FinalBeyond

FinalBeyond

What the heck have they done to the middle bit of the Spring Yard Zone music? That sounds awful!

19. Gamerguy

Gamerguy

SHHHHHHH Member
    Well, I just played the original on my Wii (virtual console). It's perfectly true to the Genesis version, so yay.

20. hxc

hxc

spotteddove Researcher
    that's amazing.

Or it would be if it wasn't emulated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.