don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog Cinematic Universe Thread (& Knuckles)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, May 28, 2020.

1. Kilo

Kilo

That inbetween sprite from S&K's title screen Tech Member
    Canada
    Well there's a chance that Sonic 3 isn't PG, it got an early rating by the Slovakia film board, being suited for ages 12 and up, or PG13 in American terms. Which would allow Maria to be shot. However it is worth noting that this rating is from months ago and could be inaccurate or just a guess by the board, for whatever reason they'd have to do that. But it is something to keep in mind.

• Informative Informative x 6
    • List
  2. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    There's no way it's cancelled, but also, it was never planned for anything but one season. It's a miniseries.

It's weird they said anything about Sonic 3 before it, especially on a day everyone was expecting something about Knuckles. Maybe (I'm not getting my hopes up) they will say something about it tonight?

3. Lambda

Lambda

Regarding the Live and Learn situation, I'm hopeful the success of the Mario movie and it's flagrant use of recognizable Mario themes within it's soundtrack is going to inspire SEGA/Paramount to do the same.

That and Live and Learn and City Escape are THE two sing-along Sonic songs. This is such an easy dub.

That doesn't mean I'm certain they'll include SA2 music, but just that they're much more primed to do so this time than they were for Sonic Movies 1 & 2.

Fingers crossed.

4. Tee Lopes may be cooking something...

Please don't gaslight me like that.

Edit: Keep in mind he could be also talking about either: Sonic X Shadow Generations, Streets of Rage: Revolution or Shinobi (the new reboot).

Last edited: Feb 2, 2024
  5. DefinitiveDubs

DefinitiveDubs

The Voice Maestro Member
    Cyber City
    Mega Man Zero: The Definitive Dub
    [​IMG]

Wish granted. You get recognizable themes on the soundtrack...while the actual movie uses "All Star".

6. Nova

Nova

As before, I'll be very surprised if this uses anything close to Crush 40 but I suppose it's more likely now than ever before. It's fair to say that if it was done in either of the last two outings, I would have hated it. Here? I might be pleasantly surprised, the more I think about it.

7. Mecha Sally

Mecha Sally

Oldbie
    I think Live and Learn is much more likely to be in this since they likely don't have to worry about royalties like they do with Sonic 1 and 2's music. Masato Nakamura must have gotten a sweet deal back in the day. I won't hold my breath, though.

Glad that Jim Carrey will be back. If he's been involved all along they did a good job keeping his involvement a secret.

8. Lambda

Lambda

Still can't believe they replaced the Donkey Kong music suite with Take On Me...

I've been holding out on getting the Mario Movie Blu-Ray hoping they'll release a Director's Cut with the pop songs removed...

9. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Was this posted on here yet? I saw it first and once I did it was all I could think of

https://twitter.com/jw11ng/status/1753481208951181523

10. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    It's a Jim Carrey gif. I think odds are pretty good this is a Sonic movie tease. Not a shoo-in, but not out of the question either.

11. Mookey

Mookey

This is unrelated but I just thought of it: if movie 3 is an SA2 adaptation does this mean they'll sneak Big into the background of some scenes? :V

12. sayonararobocop

sayonararobocop

Everyone's hyped about Live and Learn, but I think it's criminal if they don't include E.G.G.M.A.N.! I'd even be happy to see him do the silly dancing to it. (Like this fan edit here:

Actually a loose adaptation of SA2 is possibly the best way to reveal he survived the last film - he can make a grand appearance via telecast to the world from Space Colony ARK. Still expecting Agent Stone to be turned into Metal Sonic.

13. Spamitex

Spamitex

#1 Knuckles Fan Member
    Every Sonic 3 Screening has a designated Dreamcast-Controller plugged into the seat, to see Big appear the audience must collectively mash the Jump-Button. :ssh:

[​IMG]
    (Source)

14. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    Oh thank god!!! (and I’m agnostic/atheist)

This really brings my life full circle. I grew up watching Jim Carrey on In Living by Color and to see him reprise a role for the third time, for the first time ever, and in one of my favorite franchises, makes me so incredibly excited!

Last edited: Feb 4, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. Brainulator

Brainulator

Regular garden-variety member Member
    At least the Super Bowl ad mentions that the Knuckles series is coming soon, albeit at the end in small font.

16. Kilo

Kilo

That inbetween sprite from S&K's title screen Tech Member
    Canada
    Johnny Gioeli has been confirming in Twitter DMs that Live and Learn has been licensed for Sonic 3. He stated he doesn't know where it's used or how much of it is used, just that it is in the movie. It's most likely going to be in the equivalent of the Biolizard fight, or whatever final fight against Eggman they come up with.

I'm just surprised Johnny's so open about it. Did Paramount not make him sign an NDA?

17. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    the gun the priest at the wedding has in the second movie

18. Londinium

Londinium

People actually read these? Member
    Gerald gets an Olive Garden giftcard as payment for damages and Maria's death

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  19. Linkabel

Linkabel

It's going to feature in Wade's workout Spotify playlist during a scene where he's exercising, trying to match Sonic and the others in speed.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  20. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    It would be REALLY weird if they just made Sonic fight Robotnik again. No idea how they write him out of the franchise otherwise + - assuming it moves forward   but it would just prove they don't understand the things that make the original story great.