don't click here

Sonic Dream Team (New 3D Game from Hardlight, coming to Apple Arcade December 5)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by The Joebro64, Jul 28, 2022.

1. bombatheechidna

bombatheechidna

Yeah
    Rouge hasn’t had a good voice actor since SA2. It’s whatever at this point.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    So far to me it just looks like a half step up from Dash towards something like Colors, which to be fair, is what I'd expect from Hardlight making a more robust 3D Sonic game for players looking for more than an endless runner. That doesn't necessarily mean I think it looks bad - something bright and colorful with an aforementioned "flow" to it does sound nice after The Final Horizon and some of Superstars' later boss fights. Just a few weeks until we find out at least.

3. bombatheechidna

bombatheechidna

At least the glides looks smoother than Frontiers. I wonder if they have all their combat move sets down.

4. It appears that they've been giving Rouge this high-pitched voice in the games since TSR. Personally, I don't like this voice. Doesn't really suit her as a character.

5. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    Is Tails really different enough from Sonic to warrant being labeled a "different gameplay style"?

6. bombatheechidna

bombatheechidna

Yes because he takes different paths and shortcuts Sonic is unable to reach like S3&K. Windy Valley, Speed Highway, and Sky Deck. He also has an exclusive mini stage. His final boss is completely different. I mean which is more fun Tails in Sonic’s Stages with a twist or Tails in a mech? That’s why people love the classics so much because each character’s gameplay is different with a twist but all the stages are still the same. Sonic Adventure does the same thing.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2023
  7. RDNexus

RDNexus

Dear Goodness... Whoever thought that voice suited her? *LE Epic Facepalm*

8. kazz

kazz

16-bait Member
    Kathleen Delaney's smokey femme fatale voice was often seen as too deep and manly-sounding for the 4kids-era community IIRC, because we were idiots. The only explanation I have for this wobbly southern bimbo thing is that it was some kind of horrible overcorrection.

9. I think there might have been a Pontac & Graff type situation with TSR and Dream Team's voice direction where whoever did the voice direction for TSR just showed Rouge to whoever voiced her in that game and said "Come up with a voice for this sexy bat lady. Rogue, her name was? Just come up with a voice.".

Last edited: Nov 18, 2023
  10. You do remember Rouge's appearance in Generations, correct?

11. man what happened???

VA is still Karen Strassman iirc, so what's up with the change in voice direction?

12. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    Who knows. I still don't like the change in Roger's voice in Frontiers. The english voice acting with this cast has been inconsistent as hell across games. I'm not faulting the VAs here either. I don't know who is calling the shots but it's annoying.
    No, I don't want to get into a debate about "actually, his voice IS better and fits the tone [​IMG] ". Don't quote me. I don't care.

13. According to IMDB, Karen Strassman voices Rouge in both Generations and TSR, apparently. (I should've done some research before making those other posts.) I have no clue why Rouge's voice is so different in the newer games.

14. HammerKirby

HammerKirby

HammerKeebi Member
    Yea this is bad. Idk why they just randomly change the voice direction, when Karen's voice direction in Generations was perfectly fine. I don't like Sonic's voice direction in Frontiers very well either. It sounds like they were maybe trying to be like Black Knight, where Jason's voice in that game is closer to his actual voice, but it just doesn't work with Roger. Funnily enough I think my favorite Roger performance is still Generations.

15. kazz

kazz

16-bait Member
    Sure do. She's still too flirty and somehow comes off more desperate than confident IMO. Her voice can't seem to even settle on a base pitch, which is maybe why it comes off so desperately saucy. I just so prefer the smooth confidence of Lani and Kathleen's voices. Helps that Rouge got to have an actual character in their games though.

And oh her Dream Team voice clips are already out somehow

At least the Mario delivery is only for a couple lines.

16. How do we know that these are legit? The channel this is from looks kinda suspicious.

17. HammerKirby

HammerKirby

HammerKeebi Member
    The voice direction isn't even consistent in this game. Some clips sound more like TSR, some sound more like Generations. Seriously what is up with Sega's voice direction lately? At least pick a lane.

18. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

Frontiers is one of the very few instances in which I can stand RCS' voice as Sonic. For once he doesn't sound like a man in his thirties.

19. HammerKirby

HammerKirby

HammerKeebi Member
    He sounds older in Frontiers?? His voice is deeper in that game versus every other RCS performance.

20. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

Admittedly my prior experience with RCS was mostly from Colors, Generations and the Boom cartoon. I tend to play Sonic games with Japanese VAs, with Frontiers being the exception (except for the Knuckles portions; I cannot stomach Knuckles' new English voice). So maybe he sounded younger in the games released between Gens and Frontiers?

Last edited: Nov 18, 2023