don't click here

Sonic Frontiers Thread - PS4, PS5, Xbox, Switch, PC

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MykonosFan, May 27, 2021.

1. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    https://twitter.com/sonic_frontier/status/1579666961050775552?
    Iizuka lied to us about the cooking then lmao
    ….You sure about that? :V
    6447C399-519D-4366-BAE7-2432D8E1BA4B.jpeg

Last edited: Oct 11, 2022
  2. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    Yeah, saying this is “embarrassing” is an overreaction imo. It’s not like this is a 7-11 collab or something (I’m probably shooting myself in the foot by saying this, huh?).

3. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    I wish they did the Hooters collab for this game instead of Forces, we were robbed of Sonic with a tight skin booty short :(

Jokes aside, I'm surprised they gave Sonic a full on body costume.
    They revealed a surprising amount of dlc by now, I'm actually starting to believe he might have some good customisation in the base game they just haven't shown yet. Like, I'd be weird to have so many dlc options available...and nothing else, right?

Last edited: Oct 11, 2022
  4. Circlestar

Circlestar

SS Rank Tricks! Member
    I wouldn't be surprised if they expand upon the outfit customisation in Forces for the Avatar. I know Red Rings are used for that one objective for a Key, but being able to trade them into a shop of some kind for cosmetics would be a nice use for them.

5. Snub-n0zeMunkey

Snub-n0zeMunkey

yo what up Member
    I know it's beating a dead horse at this point but goddamn that thing just gets uglier and uglier the more you look at it

6. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    He was beautiful, just like all of God's creatures.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Londinium

Londinium

People actually read these? Member
    It was crafted by Satan

8. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Do you know how big 7/11 is in Japan for stuff like this? Kingdom Hearts 3 had a DLC keyblade from there in Japan.

9. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    My point isn't about the size of the, uh... "IP", but that Monster Hunter is a critically acclaimed video game franchise with a history of collaborative endeavours. Granted, maybe that doesn't hold up so well in the context of 7-11's own collaborations (and I should stress that, as a Brit, I probably don't appreciate just how big it is) because I know it also did one for Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia 5 years ago, but all this is to say that Monster Hunter isn't a million miles removed from Sonic Frontiers, is very reputable and makes sense as a collaboration - hardly an embarrassment.

10. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    You should have made a "sponsored by Totino's" joke

11. Not sure if I'll ever use it but the fact that full body costumes exist is very much appreciated. I didn't mind the idea behind the customizables from SCU but most of them were bland, ugly, or both, so hopefully this Rathalos armor is a sign of plenty of actual outfits for Sonic being a thing again (what's it been, like 20 years?)

12. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Well I def would rather see a collab like this than say, dress Sonic up like a sour patch kid.

13. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    I know I keep bringing it up, but it's still gonna seem like such an enormous missed opportunity if they don't bring at least some of the Forces stuff over. The Boom gear is an obvious one, as are the attire of other characters like Silver and Shadow. They just make perfect sense as rewards for exploration! You get an immediate, obvious effect, but it doesn't overpower or hinder you, and all the shit was already made five years ago and still looks fine.

Plus, for all we know this might be the first SEGA game where Sonic can crossdress. We're partying like it's AOSTH in 1993 again.

14. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    Minor correction, this is post-release DLC that comes out a week after the game's release. Chances are this will be available for the entire game's lifespan.

15. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    I'm not sure what that has to do with licensing.

16. Xiao Hayes

Xiao Hayes

Classic Eggman art Member
    -Monster Hunter was made after PSO.
    -PSO2 was made after Monster Hunter.
    -Monster Hunter has a lot of collaborations.
    -PSO2 has a lot of collaborations.
    -Sonic appears in both the PS and the MH franchises.
    -Sonic Frontiers is made after PSO2 (fite me).
    -So, of course, Sonic Frontiers has to have a collaboration with Monster Hunter.

17. saxman

saxman

Oldbie Tech Member
    I think perhaps you're reading too much into what I said. It's true that I think he looks "embarassing", but that doesn't mean I think it's some stain on the game, or that I need to hide my face when playing it. But the look does de-age Sonic a good bit. He looks like a happy little boy dressed up for Halloween instead of a 16 (or is it 15?) year old. That's why it looks "embarrassing". It removes his edge entirely.

Okay, that was pretty funny.

18. I’m confused why people kept saying the SA2 bounce attack is back if this is what they’re talking about, it looks like the ground pound jump from Mario Odyssey and doesn’t seem satisfying to use.

19. Sneekie

Sneekie

Sneasy Member
    That's not the bounce, that is the "Jump Stomp" attack. According to people at EGX, the bounce is a move you get from freeing Amy, so you wouldn't have it that early. You also get a proper counter attack move from Amy as well.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  20. foXcollr

foXcollr

Resident Dolphin Member
    US
    I wonder what Knuckles and Tails give you when you free them...