don't click here

Zone 02 : "Circus Zone"

Discussion in 'Project: Sonic Retro (Archive)' started by Retro_Stew, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Blue Emerald

Blue Emerald

Teleportation, yeah! Member
    TBD
    Or the Mighty keychain in that other Sega arcade racing game.

[EDIT] Gale Racer, and that game had cameos from almost the entire Sonic gang.

2. RamiroR

RamiroR

A CIRCUS?... this is..... this is... lovely, I totally LOVE the idea,it's great IMO, well you might want to put these things

studio lights on the floor that could hurt sonic (by the heat) something like.. [​IMG]
    switching on and off,
    and something like that too, on the backgrounds, these lights aiming to the sky, making a effect like on Stardust Zone on Sonic CD

3. RamiroR

RamiroR

4. Can we tr to get away from this pretty pink cotton candy land. Circuses are primarily, well, primary colored.

5. Phoenix

Phoenix

Has really been far even as decided to use even go Member
  6. RamiroR

RamiroR

Your skill to see something I think something with it AMAZES me :|

It's a really good idea, and that.. is making me think that I should stop suggesting this project to be made for MD, is that wouldn't be posible, that could be some kind of middle boss... don't you think ?:O

7. Phoenix

Phoenix

I was just thinking that the spotlight could be used for a midboss! :(
    It would put the spotlight on you, then a bomb or something would come your direction, you'd dodge it, go onto the tightrope, and fight the boss. Maybe.

8. RamiroR

RamiroR

yup, and, if you're going to design the spot light, I would LOVE that it say "ARRI"

like...

[​IMG]

heeh

9. Phoenix

Phoenix

I really have no idea what you're talking about. :(

10. RamiroR

RamiroR

I would like to see that (The ARRI text) written on the spotlight

EDIT: or on the crane :(

11. Matwek

Matwek

12. Ollie

Ollie

DIGGY DIGGY HOLE Member
    You must fit some kind of "Test-Your-Strength" Gimmick somewhere, I say having a typical spring at the bottom of the Test your strength game that would spring you to the top of it and onto the roller coster and Sonic will have to run down the Rollercoaster avoiding the rollcaster carts that come from the left of the screen by jumping over them.

Also, for anyone that needs a bit o' inspiration for designing this level, how about taking a look at the Bubsy levels:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=q2kTAtoGF-k&...feature=related
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=PAhyLi3ltW8&...feature=related
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=wa93E-BXK2Q&...feature=related

13. fifthelephant

fifthelephant

I was going to add that maybe it should be designed like a wooden rollercoaster... I guess the bubsy level is very very similar.

14. RamiroR

RamiroR

15. Ollie

Ollie

DIGGY DIGGY HOLE Member
    Nah, keep it a metal rollercoaster, it's more fitting in the Sonic-ish theme.

16. Vaiyt

Vaiyt

Oglio p'ru çeu Member
    Red, blue, yellow/gold and white is the way to go with the basic color scheme for the circus zone, I think. It's standard circus colors.

Maybe it also needs moar gold borders on everything, a more gaudy/festive feel to the tileset, dunno.

17. McGuirk

McGuirk

The Egg-Man Cometh. Member
    Alright, I messed with the above mockups following a few suggestions that've been thrown around, trying to add more primary colors and festive looks.

I changed some colors, and turned the diamond floor tile into a decoration that would be behind Sonic (Plane B, I believe it's called, I'm tired).

Reflecting on this, I could stand to color some of the "chicken wire" diamonds in that chain-link fence looking decoration.

[​IMG]

18. Ollie

Ollie

DIGGY DIGGY HOLE Member
    ^

I like that a lot! But I'm not too sure what it is, but the red and white squares need something changed since they are too basic and stick out more than the rest of the art. But I love the direction that is going in! :colbert:

19. fifthelephant

fifthelephant

ITT: Mostly garish colours!

Something needs to be done about those tiles, they're hidious. The colours burn my eyes, and the dithering is horrible!

20. Matwek

Matwek

I know the Circus is all about bright primary colours but I feel you may have gone a bit to far down that route.
    I like the idea of the sort of chain link fence in the background, although that art will have to be redone from scratch as it was initialy just an MSpaint place holder I was using to get a feel for what needed doing.