don't click here

Team Sonic Racing (Sumo Digital/May 21st 2019)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by 360, May 25, 2018.

1. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    Now why would you think something like that :v:

2. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Oh thank god, Seaside Hill. Because if I'm not sick of Green Hill yet I'm DEFINITELY not sick of Seaside hill :v:

And yup, Whale Lagoon is indeed what the level was called in Sonic & Sega All-Stars racing. Reused track confirmed. I don't love that they're reusing tracks but if it's an upscale remake like what Mario Kart does I mean I guess it's not that bad. I'm guessing their budget is all of $3 so if this means more content then sure, why not.

3. biggestsonicfan

biggestsonicfan

Model2wannaB Tech Member
    ALWAYS Sonic the Fighters
    Gee, it sure is great to buy games as a replacement for OSTs these days. Those encoded files are gonna play so smooth on my game console! So glad no gameplay is gonna get in the way of me enjoying these tunes. :rolleyes:

4. Whale Lagoon is definitely a "remastered" track, I've sunk hundreds of hours into the first All Stars Racing I recognize that figure 8 anywhere. The thing is, both halves of the figure 8 had the checkerboard pattern, this one seems to have half road/half checkerboard? Either way I'm fucking sick of that level.

5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    It's probably the same track but with some updates to make it prettier, as the original game came out like, what 8, 9 years ago?

6. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I like the course and I like the music. But... It's still fucking Seaside Hill in a game that's already reusing too much frequently used content in a series that seems to be defining itself purely by nostalgia.

7. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

Sega is just being true to Seaside Hill's essence. Since it's basically a more modern Green Hill, it's only natural to shove it everywhere :v:

8. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Yea I just have to wonder how much longer they can keep riding this asset/level reuse wave of theirs. It's been going on pretty consistently since 2011. I mean is it partially because Sonic games have had lower budgets maybe so they reuse assets to save time/resources? Idk. I mean it's a kart racer I guess so revisiting older environments can almost be expected, but I really hope the next mainline game doesn't feature any older stuff, and if it does I hope it's like obscure older stuff (Chaotix, Spinball, the levels from Sonic 3 they won't touch with a 10 foot pole, that kind of stuff).

9. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    I have no problem with spin-off racing game levels being based on locations seen in main series games. I'd be disappointed if they didn't. But using the same levels over and over again is kind of disappointing. I'd love to see some classic stages that have never been seen in 3D brought to life, such as Lava Reef Zone, Star Light Zone, or Hill Top Zone. + - Or Wacky Workbench.   But stages that were already in Generations, or worse, stages that were already in previous Sonic kart racers, is a bit much.

10. Thunder Bro

Thunder Bro

While I understand that this is a returning track (in fact I won't be surprised if we get a whole cup's worth of returning tracks), I'm getting pretty sick of the same stages being used over and over again. Especially this one, Green Hill, and Chemical Plant zone (and I won't be surprised at all if that ends up being a track too). I don't really mind a racing spin-off using existing locales, but I just want to see some different locations as others have already stated.

The new remix is cool I guess, although I still prefer the original over the remix. If there is one thing I'm excited for from this game, it would be the new remixes we are getting.

11. Basically my entire thought process on this game. I'll probably pick up the soundtrack and watch gameplay of it on Youtube.

12. Nova

Nova

Jeeze, I can't believe how much negativity I'm seeing in here! I've been staying away from the forums lately so I wasn't really up-to-date on what people thought of this and I'm honestly surprised to see the reaction I'm seeing - I'm super excited for this! ASR Transformed was fucking great, and getting more of that but just strictly Sonic-themed really appeals to me. Especially liking shit like Boo's House and the Rooftop Run track. Maybe it'll end up being a bit disappointing but am I the only person liking what I'm seeing so far? :v:

13. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Well, you know, the team isn't exactly the same and they're trying a new idea. History has taught us that this won't end well. I'm excited for it though, and glad they delayed it in case there were some major things they needed to iron out. I'm stoked for a new mascot racer, ASRT and MK8 have gotten kind of stale. Also, I dig Omega, and he's in it, so hooray.

14. The remix of Seaside Hill is lovely, jolly fun. I honestly wouldn't be upset if they straight ported the track, it was already well-designed. That said, I still hope they tweak it somewhat just so that it can be more fresh.

15. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Tee's back with Sand Hill.
    http://youtu.be/8tltAglVC3o
    Wasn't expecting more than one desert locale, but a good runner-up to Sandopolis.

16. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Good track, as expected from Tee Lopes. He's one of the few positives surrounding this game.

Also this strikes me as "everyone's not loving our new Sonic racing game - quick delay it and get one of the guys from the Mania team to help!"

Hopefully it's a good omen in terms of the Mania team continuing to work with Sega moving forward.

17. One more tick on the "Get the soundtrack and ignore the game" list.

18. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Nah I think they were a part of it before the soft reaction. I love though that the Mania team is getting more work, it's a good sign for the future.

19. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Loving this! Tee Lopes always brings the thunder. This is probably my favorite track revealed so far by a wide margin.

20. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Really nice remix of a fairly low-key music track - has Sand Hill's theme even appeared in a game since SA1?