don't click here

Sonic X-treme Textures and Defs

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Dec 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Syniphas

Syniphas

also known as Svetlana Member
    Brazil
    It wasn't.

[​IMG]

Sanik's viewer has a bigger FOV and a smaller viewing area, not to mention a smaller resolution.
    Senn probably has the same level data, just wrote up a viewer of his own. Which would also explain why he doesn't release fish-eyed versions of those images...

2. hxc

hxc

spotteddove Researcher
    It's the same viewer used, this is why it was coded. There is one more version of the viewer that is not in that package; the original Sanik one without a limited FoV; it lags a little.

3. I've started compiling some animated gifs from the frames included in the leak.

[​IMG]

Bee Bot
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Feep!
    [​IMG]

New Character: Gabby
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

New Character: Chaz
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Please feel free to spread these around, just don't hotlink them.

4. Just so people don't quote the whole thing, here's a doublepost.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Mr. Pictures

Mr. Pictures

Oldbie
    This stuff is all very interesting, and I'm glad someone finally got to sharing it. Unfortunately, I don't think I'd ever be able to play a final release, for fear of a seizure.

Edit: Do you think the new characters, Chaz and Gabby were meant to replace Sonic and Tiaria if Sega lost interest in the game? I'm guessing this was the case, considering the game was in development for so long. Perhaps Sega had lost their patience?

6. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Hugely interesting stuff. All sorts of weird and wonderful creations in here - being able to see the final remnants of Xtreme is quite something. :)

I do wonder what all the fallout from all this is going to be though. The list of leaker suspects can't be that long...

7. Mr. Pictures

Mr. Pictures

Oldbie
    Is the huge Fang/Nack boss included at all? Pardon my ignorance if for some reason he wasn't developed by the same team.

8. Mad Echidna

Mad Echidna

Gone Oldbie
    Not as far as I know. This pack only seems to include materials that would have been used under the fisheye lense. The bosses used a different, more polygonal engine.

9. SonikkuForever

SonikkuForever

Be cool, be wild, and be groovy! Member
    Gathering information on Sega World Sydney and collecting Sonic merchandise.
    Maybe "Chaz" and "Gabby" were supposed to be bosses. "Chaz" in particular looks like a version of Mecha Sonic from the many concept artworks on Chris Senn's website. I know he doesn't look much like Sonic, but most of the Mecha Sonic concepts didn't.

10. Vangar

Vangar

We have to remember that this was the PC engine, now we need to get the saturn resources!! haha.

11. hxc

hxc

spotteddove Researcher
    For further reference to Tweaker earlier on; both I and SANiK had the oppertunity to ask questions to Ofer via Senn, or at least that was implied. There was never really anything to ask, thus it was never really taken up.

12. Phugolz

Phugolz

Banned
    WHO THE FUCK CARES?

Oh wait everyone! Hahaha, thanks for the release SS, enjoy that Sonic discovery high. I haven't had it in years. However, I do have a techie geek high on this, it's interesting to see the internals of shit. I wonder how difficult it would be to port this to saturn. You might want to hit up a saturn website.

13. Mad Echidna

Mad Echidna

Gone Oldbie
    Did the folks at STI ever actually get the fisheye engine working on Saturn at decent frame rates? I can't remember if the PC version only used Ofer's boss engine or not. The only Saturn build we have is a really shitty demo of the Nights engine right? The video they showed at E3 showed a very crisp boss arena with nice transparency effects and lots of sprites on screen, nothing like the wobbly ass demo we have.

14. Mad Echidna

Mad Echidna

Gone Oldbie
    Here's some things I just found while looking around in fisheye mode

This is clearly a version of Death Egg that was shown in one of Chris' old videos

[​IMG]

My mind is blown by the sheer size of red sands! Tons of tunnels to explore, looks like it would be a ton of tun

[​IMG]

Here's that god forsaken Xmas mission

[​IMG]

This enemy makes a lot more sense when you see it on a map. Looks like it was a combo of 3 sprites

[​IMG]

Sonic is here as a level object. Maybe for a press mockup?

[​IMG]

15. SegaLoco

SegaLoco

W)(at did you say? Banned
    Sooo, have we got any word from Senn or the rest of the Xtreme gang on how bad this has hurt our relationship?

16. Mad Echidna

Mad Echidna

Gone Oldbie
    There is a link to the thread about it on Senntient, the link is on page 6

17. Syniphas

Syniphas

Brazil
    Sonic is a level object in a lot of places in many different levels. Could be just a starting point, for all we know...

18. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
  19. Syniphas

Syniphas

Brazil
    Probably. I don't know. You could check.

Of the few I did check, none was that. But then, I really only saw a few.

20. Shoemanbundy

Shoemanbundy

Researcher
    Chicago, Illinois
    selling shoes
    I think that level was only on the Saturn, possibly like the earlier Jade Gully. Never was on PC. That's my assumption at least, no one said otherwise when I asked earlier.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.