don't click here

Sonic X-Treme Found!

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TheRedEye, Sep 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lostgame

Lostgame

producer/turnablist. homebrew dev. cosplayer. Oldbie
    Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.
    Well, I never thought I'd see this day, but it's freaking good. Three cheers.

2. StephenUK

StephenUK

Liquor in the front, poker in the rear Tech Member
    Manchester, UK
    Quackshot Disassembly
    I'm still a bit skeptical about this guy who claims he's gonna buy it, so I'll believe it when I see it. It just seems strange to me that someones willing to pay whatever it takes just for the sake of the community. It sounds like he must have more money than sense.

3. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    Well this is bizarre:
    Strange stuff, am I missing something?

4. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    No. Same thing just happened here. Are we being bullshitted?

5. LocalH

LocalH

roxoring your soxors Tech Member
    I think we should wait until the guy comes here before making any conclusions.

But yes, it's fucking weird.

6. StephenUK

StephenUK

Liquor in the front, poker in the rear Tech Member
    Manchester, UK
    Quackshot Disassembly
    I'm starting to wonder if these bids really do exist. They seem to be extremely high for a game, even if it is a rare prototype. I'm glad I didn't decide to bid on this now, coz I'm starting to get a funny feeling that we're all being taken for a ride here. See, the screenshots we've been shown are all over the internet, and have been for quite some time. Also the CD is a Mega CD-R. To get pics of these and then claim it's real is extremely easy to do, and putting an image onto a TV screen is simple as well, as we've seen in the S1 Beta hoax that Rika did on these forums. I think this false IM account is pretty conclusive that this is looking to just be a con trick. I mean, how was this guy contacted about xtreme from a former SEGA employee and why did he get a 3rd party involved to sell it for him. I'm keeping out of this one now. I'm gonna keep my money to myself now. I was actually gonna stretch to $5000 for this after a lot of thinking, but this has really put me off.

7. Quickman

Quickman

be attitude for gains Tech Member
    :x
    omg porjcet
    I'd appreciate some high-quality shots taken from the game being played in Cassini.

8. Kles

Kles

Assuming you just posted that, you contacted him at about... 1:46. That is day hours. Odd.

A little searching on Google turns up this: http://moxxy.deviantart.com/

9. Hivebrain

Hivebrain

Administrator
    53.4N, 1.5W
    Github
    There's a 1-minute video of the game that some people have seen (including me). So the seller would've had to create a homebrew game if it was fake.

10. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    SANiK's remake.

11. Gamerguy

Gamerguy

SHHHHHHH Member
    I don't deny the seller's authenticity, but as far as the bids go, I don't really know either. We have to wait for Ratman to come here.

12. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    He is. Look at the recently joined member.

13. Ratman221

Ratman221

Banned
    1st Off, Let me thank you all (expecially Simon) for helping me be a part of these forums. About the Mad Moxxy AIM name thing, somebody hacked it and took it over, so I took the pleasure to create a new name MetaPhysicalMind. Thank you all and I hope the upcomming release of the BIN/CUE image on this site will enhance S2B's importance to the scene. :(

14. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    Hahahaha nice try.

EDIT: Just out of interest why do you keep lying about your AIM name? I mean, if you want one that stays offline permenantly just make one up and it'll work in peoples contact lists =/ MetaPhysicalMind is a 25yo student, not you apparently.

15. LocalH

LocalH

roxoring your soxors Tech Member
    Meh, I'm not getting down on the guy now. Here's my reasoning. There are two possibilities:

1) He's telling the truth, and we'll soon have SX
    2) He's lying, and we still don't have SX

Since there is no harm in believing #1, then that is what I choose.

16. TheRedEye

TheRedEye

Researcher
    Well, I'm certainly not making them up, if that's what you mean. And I actually know the guy who bid $2,500, he's the real deal. This other guy, though, has some 'splaining to do.

17. Gamerguy

Gamerguy

SHHHHHHH Member
    Yeah, the AIM stuff is obviously false. Also, I hate to sound racist, but WTF on his choice of nationality for his account here...

18. superstarCSB

superstarCSB

snootch Member
    Lawrence, Kansas
    I probably should get back to work on my site someday...
    Wow. I just saw this thread and was extremley (no pun intended) excited, but now I just don't know what to think.

19. Ambil

Ambil

I want that heinous hedgehog hammered! Member
    Armenia. I think he just chose a wrong one, because his local time points to the Pacific coast (even though not all members set their local timezone).

20. TheRedEye

TheRedEye

Researcher
    Less than an hour left. For your guys' sake, I hope this guy was the real thing, because his offer instantly killed your fundraiser.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.