don't click here

Sonic X-Treme Found!

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TheRedEye, Sep 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quickman

Quickman

be attitude for gains Tech Member
    :x
    omg porjcet
    Does your nonsuggestion not raise a bigger issue - who ends up getting the CD even if we do donate some spare change along the lines of ?200 or so? (That's realistically what we'd end up achieving, knowing the monetary situation of this forum; to the members of Assembler, used to paying ?2500, their house and their firstborn daughter for things, that is most definitely spare change.)

2. Hivebrain

Hivebrain

Administrator
    53.4N, 1.5W
    Github
    Wasn't that an episode of The Simpsons?

If I had a job I'd buy it for several thousand. Unfortunately it'll be some wealthy misanthrope who gets it and we'll never see it again.

3. LocalH

LocalH

roxoring your soxors Tech Member
    If we end up with enough people, I could chip in up to $100, with the expectation that I'd at least get a copy of the disc (I wouldn't care about the original, I just want the data).

4. TheRedEye

TheRedEye

Researcher
    Surely posting our private chat log is the key to winning my heart!

5. voice

voice

Make any joke you want, you know I look good. Banned
    45mins west of Chicago
    RSN2.0, PHP:IRC (A attempt at CGI:IRC in PHP)
    Its not like you guys were digitally humping each other.

6. TheRedEye

TheRedEye

Researcher
    I'm not involved in this at all, so I'm not going to offer any advice. But theoretically, if I were, I might be tempted to say "Who gives a shit? Destroy the original for all I care."

7. Heran Bago

Heran Bago

Ah! It's Puyo battle then. Tech Member
    IGN wil gte teh baetah!//?/
    ;____________;

In other news, Jim, don't bother with this guy. I think he's obviously displayed what a compassionate person he is. (sarcasm)

8. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    I was, in white text secretly after each message *creepy laugh*

9. OKei

OKei

OKeijiDragon Member
    Perhaps there's a way why don't we negotiate to the owner like (OK, this is VERY stupid what I'm about to say) "Renting" the disc, so we don't have to pay a whole lot of money. Yeah pretty stupid but that's what I'm thinking right now.

10. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    [sarcasm]

Or maybe we can each chip in 1/100th of the price, each get 1/100th of the disc and use superglue! Yeah, that would be the way to do it for cheap!

[/sarcasm]

11. LocalH

LocalH

I don't even know the guy, and I can safely confirm that it's not leaving his hands until he gets the amount of money he wants, and he wants "four digits".

We just need to come up with more than $2500, that's all. I can throw in $100, what about anyone else?

12. Heran Bago

Heran Bago

Ah! It's Puyo battle then. Tech Member
    Sorry, I'm not paying for anything online myself for at least another year.
    And still I'm not nuts about either the item or the seller. Bottom line, no moneys from me.

13. TheRedEye

TheRedEye

Researcher
    That's fine, but seriously, besides not giving you something for free, what's wrong with the seller?

14. Kles

Kles

TheRedEye is not the seller, he is simply the middle man.

15. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    I can get a $500 loan from work for this.

16. LocalH

LocalH

It also seems like at least one person at ASSEMbler's is also able to throw in $500, so if you were to do that, that'd be $1000, plus $100 (or $200 if we need it) from me.

I think Frank's non-suggestion is good. We should work together with ASSEMbler's and try to snag this. Even if we end up not being able to distribute it to the scene, having multiple copies would help preserve the contents of the disc.

Edit: Oh shit, if we're going to try to snag this, we better hurry. According to Frank at ASSEMbler's, "You guys have about a day, we're cutting this off at 6pm PST tomorrow (less than 24 hours from now)."

17. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    who has the present bit of $2,500?

Even with my $500, that guys $500, and your $100-$200, that's only $1100 - $1200.

Also, $500 would be past my paypal limit, so I would have to pay by money order.

18. OKei

OKei

OKeijiDragon Member
    [sarcasm]
    Or how about if we buy the dam* disc with $900 in IOUs that I'm sure we (majority of us)saved in debts.
    [/sarcasm]

Really guess_who, I'm just trying to help.

19. Lostgame

Lostgame

producer/turnablist. homebrew dev. cosplayer. Oldbie
    Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.
    Now is not the time for sarchasm.

Although, on a completely irrelevant note, your posts are getting better, Rockman.

Seriously, I'd love to donate, like $100, but I simply don't have that money to spend. I have to save up for college and stuff, and I can't blow 100 us dollars just like that. Before I moved to the USA I could've, but now... no.

20. TheRedEye

TheRedEye

Researcher
    An anonymous collector.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.