don't click here

Sonic one betaa?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Eli White, Dec 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eli White

Eli White

the tree is in front of the grass. I don't understeand what you mean

2. POIZON THE HEDGEHOG

POIZON THE HEDGEHOG

Pending Member
    eli, what store did you get it at? is it local or a chain?

3. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    Yea in front of the grass

4. Eli White

Eli White

I got it used at block buster video store

5. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    I have a question - why can't Member Jr.: Eli White, just let someone borrow his cartridge? Or at least, ya know, get some video or box art (or cart art)?

6. Eli White

Eli White

I had the cart in the last photo

7. fuzzbuzz

fuzzbuzz

Tech Member
    Here
    Many Many Programming/hacking tools...
    If Eli lived close to one of us members, we could borrow it that way, otherwise, it'd ahve to be mailed.
    (As I state the obvious. What a pointless post I made)

EDIT: I guess what I mean is, what state, or country do you live in, Eli? Maybe one of us can dump it...

Fuzzbuzz

8. POIZON THE HEDGEHOG

POIZON THE HEDGEHOG

Pending Member
    did they have more?
    EDIT: the cart doesn't look normal, that's further proof that it's real

9. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    You forgot to turn on your Genesis in the last photo :(

10. POIZON THE HEDGEHOG

POIZON THE HEDGEHOG

Pending Member
    how the **** do you know? the main body wasn't showing in the last photo

11. .hack//zero

.hack//zero

Working on a vulkan game engine for fun. Learning Ray-Tracing.
    How can you tell?

12. Of course it's on! You can see the glow of the red light. Look closely.

13. fuzzbuzz

fuzzbuzz

Tech Member
    Here
    He's right. I checked where the LED was, and it's lower than the picture. The red glow is there, also.

Fuzzbuzz

14. POIZON THE HEDGEHOG

POIZON THE HEDGEHOG

Pending Member
    what prompted the comment about not having it on, LOst?

15. fuzzbuzz

fuzzbuzz

Tech Member
    Here
    Taking a quick look at the picture after LOst mentioned it, I thought it was off too. Simple mistake. :D

Fuzzbuzz

16. Icy Guy

Icy Guy

Hedgehog. Sonic the Hedgehog. Member
    California
    GoldenEye 007 level hack
    Incredible...12 hours from the creation of this topic, and it's got 100 posts. Wow.

Anyway, I'm torn here. Part of me says he may have the real deal, and part of me says that he may not. (Personally, I'd like this to be real, but...)

It's the real deal, because...

...the whole level looks different, the same way it does in the MegaCosm shots.

...he's given us pics, instead of saying "I g0t teh beta...really" without any proof.

...when he finishes the level, it goes back to the start.

...the "welcome" sign is there.

...there are no enemies in the level.

...he found it at a used at Blockbuster. The previous owner (worked for a magazine?) could've just sold it off without saying anything.

...the cart's sticker looks different. (And yes, beta carts CAN have stickers beyond plain white stickers with the name written on, because I know of an owner of a Metroid Fusion beta; it has an artistic sticker like the real game does.)

It's not real, because...

...it could be Photoshopped.

...we've seen supposed betas/alphas in the past that have turned out to be hoaxes.

...whoever had it before him could've just dumped a hacked ROM to a Flash cart and then sold it to Blockbuster for a quick few bucks.

...the HUD is missing, but the totals are tallied at the end of the act.

...the welcome sign's letters are different (but it could be due to the fact that this may be a different version).

That's all I can think of right now. Oh, and will you guys just lay off him about getting the ROM dumped immediately? It's obvious he doesn't have access to a dumper, and it's going to take time and money for him to get it out to someone who does (is this the case with LOst's "plan/gift," too?; that's what I get out of it). He'll get it dumped when he does; I think if you've waited 10 years for this, a few more weeks or so won't kill you. :P

And what's this "letterbox" thing people are talking about? I haven't seen anything that fits the definition that I know, which is the set of bars that appear at the top and bottom of a movie in "widescreen" format, so could someone please clue me in?

17. The Wanderer

The Wanderer

Never really posted Member
    Flash Animations
    Well, I'm convinced. At first, I thought it was a decent p'shoppery job, with some extreme attention to detail. However, the quick posting of a third picture, one that would take forever to create, I would have to say that it could easily be a beta. Now why a Blockbuster would have it is still a mystery to me, but whatever the case, it seems like it could be real. I still have my doubts. Although the cartridge looks old enough to be a beta, considering it uses the final cover of the game, sends a signal to me that it could be a fake. Why would Sega bother to fully label a beta cartridge? But whatever. I still believe this could be real, but who knows. We'll find out eventually.

Edit 1: Icy does make a good point, as I too have seen beta carts with final labels, but still, it doesn't support or help this cause much.

Edit 2: If this is a hoax, I am very impressed by the photoshop skills of this guy. Putting in the tv grain, RBG lines, etc.

18. POIZON THE HEDGEHOG

POIZON THE HEDGEHOG

Pending Member
    no idea about letterbox. if it's not too much, eli, would you take a pic of the title screen,
    see if you can get debug on, or scan the cartridge

19. fuzzbuzz

fuzzbuzz

Tech Member
    Here
    They'd label it if they sent it to a magazine company, for a preview article or something.

Fuzzbuzz

20. POIZON THE HEDGEHOG

POIZON THE HEDGEHOG

Pending Member
    true true.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.