don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. minichapman

minichapman

I'd like to think I'll be imparting words of wisdo Member
    United Kingdom
    Staying sane.
    Just to clarify, I love my girlfriend!

She just told me she's Pre-Purchased Sonic Generations CE for me on Amazon!

Damn it, Dwy'n dy garu di Jeni! (that's Welsh for I love you!)

Now to get Skyrim for her!

2. My paycheck is in tomorrow, YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS.

3. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    If any Euro or Australian fans are interested in making a deal with me, I'd LOVE to get my hands on the DVD and Art concept book. Unless there's an importer somewhere I can buy this from. Don't care as much for the other stuff but I'm a huge sucker for development related material.

4. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    Looks like I'm buying the CE for PS3 and then selling the standalone game, then getting my preorder I made a while back for the 360 version. Jolly good, jolly good.

5. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    It pains me that I don't think I'll have $168 in time to get this. All the copies will probably be snapped up before I have the chance, and then I'll have to turn to ebay if I want it. Watch bids go up to $1K by that time.

FML!

6. NomadTW

NomadTW

I ain't gotta impress you fucks. Member
    Looks like you gotta keeper, son. Good on ya.

7. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

For the record guys, MightyApe is sold out of both the PS3 and 360 Collectors Editions.

8. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    But it just went up yesterday DX

I should just face the music and accept that I'm probably not going to get this. Fuck you Sega of America.

9. Afti

Afti

ORIGINAL MACHINE Member
    Makes sense, though- Sonic is pretty much a joke in the US. This is understandable, what with the whole solid decade of shit and all! No market for overkill collectors' editions.

Character held more hold in the old days in Europe, and so the decade of shit didn't leave the franchise completely a laughingstock. Genuinely good game coming out- collectors' edition makes financial sense.

10. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    They only bill you when it's dispatched so go pre-order it now!

11. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Yes, but there are enough people who still love Sonic in the states enough (people like me and others that are members here) that would have loved to buy it. It would have been very limited, but still it would have made the devoted fans in America very happy. Because not all of us want the Modern Warfare 3 Special Deluxe edition complete with camo lunch box and 7 inch authentic survival dildo. The only games that get Special Editions around here seem to be shooters, and while this makes sense, it still sucks ass

12. The implication was that I was going to hit that pre-order button faster than sonic farts.

13. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    Is there international shipping on the one for Amazon UK?

If not, do you want to do a favour for me, Overlord? :3

14. SomeSortOfRobot

SomeSortOfRobot

Mid-Southern US
    http://legendoflucy.com
    You know, it's funny that people cite that Sonic is more successful in Europe, because it looks like that's only happened a few times, with most of the time being the Mario/Sonic games.

But that's just what VGChartz is tellin me

15. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Nope. Amazon UK won't ship games outside the Europe. Amazon.de seem to, however.

He's simply more popular over here. North America is a bigger market than Europe, isn't it? That would explain sales.

16. Brad

Brad

yo Member
    UK
    I'm seriously considering that Collector's Edition... But my wallet won't like it. Decisions decisions. :v:

I still think it's a little pricey. The Arkham Asylum Collectors Edition costs about £50 - £60 with just about the same quantity of content. But I'm glad Europe is getting something nice and exclusive. I think we're normally left out on such decisions.

17. Andlabs

Andlabs

「いっきまーす」 Wiki Sysop
    Writing my own MD/Genesis sound driver :D
    Quick and random question since we don't have this info on the wiki: the Japanese 3DS name for the game is "ソニック ジェネレーションズ 青の冒険". What is the subtitle romanized, "Ao no Bouken"? And for the other platforms, it's "白の時空"; is this "Shiro no Jikuu"? Thanks.

18. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Console version is " White Time and Space" and the 3DS one is "Blue Adventure". I think the romanisations there are correct, too.

19. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    Taken from that site.

20. 1stKirbyever

1stKirbyever

Man, I just love rumors, don't you? This reminds me of Wentos the Traveling Salesman. He was a nice guy. How Mario & Sonic 3 is going to be something different, how Colors is going to get an HD port, and one other thing I forgot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.