don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    Modern Green Hill doesn't really showcase Modern Sonic's gameplay, far too linear compared to what we've seen from Modern City Escape, A demo using Modern Green Hill would be underselling his half of the game IMO.

2. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    Demo or PC version announcement, calling it.

Hurry up and reveal Chemical Plant Zone already.

3. 1stKirbyever

1stKirbyever

I seriously have a feeling it's just the demo, since Sonic's Birthday is only four days away.

Now...HURRY UP AND ANNOUNCE SOMETHING ALREADY!

4. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    I don't think we will be getting any info at least until morning (1AM over here), it was 10AM over there in Japan when that tweet got posted.

*EDIT*

Not sure if this was posted already.

The title music can clearly be heard there, though it was already known that it would use the Sonic1/2 credits end, most of the other versions would cut off or were difficult to hear.

It shows a few glitches as well, hopefully they'll be ironed out before the demo/final release.

5. FlackoWeasel

FlackoWeasel

Blue cheese lover! Member
    I havent got mine either. I let you know if I do. Was going to ask you 1 day about the magazine.

6. If it is a demo, I'd rather it be City Escape than GHZ.

If only to be able to rip that awesome music that Classic's got for his City Escape background track. Also the truck.

7. Frozen Nitrogen

Frozen Nitrogen

Wouldn't the door have been easier? Wiki Sysop
    Learndings! :eng101:

8. NomadTW

NomadTW

I ain't gotta impress you fucks. Member
    S'too bad it most likely be GHZ. Though on the bright side, having a demo out earlier like this would enable to them to gather feedback for last minute touches.

+ - It's funny, I know better, yet part of me still remains hopelessly optimistic about this game. Ah well.  

9. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Do you want to taco 'bout it? Member
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    GoldenEye: Source, Other Stuff
    If it is a demo, it would likely be GHZ, but I think it would be cool if it was just GHZ for Classic, and then City Escape for modern.

10. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    That actually sounds like a great idea. It would appeal for the classic fans and the modern fans because they both get to play the best (as of yet) for the two hedgehogs. :D

EDIT: Looks like anyone going "June 23rd or bust" is going to get their wish... Maybe.

Why the hell is my Spanish Regents exam the day before ;-;

EDIT2: Wait nevermind... It's apparently some kind of live brodcast I think o.o

11. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I like the idea of City Escape for Modern and GHZ for Classic, but I'm betting on GHZ. Which I wouldn't mind either.

Is it strange that I've found both of Modern Sonic's levels to look more fun though?

12. Chimera

Chimera

Castlevania prettyness
    "What suck in it! The other week I ? RT @ Speaking of pjd_sega, this week I have not Sonic 20 birthday anniversary! (D N urn)"

If this means what I think it does, damn. :|

13. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    How the hell can you understand what that gibberish of an engrish sentence meant?

14. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    Ahaha, here's a better translation:

15. Chimera

Chimera

Castlevania prettyness
    "this week I have not Sonic 20 birthday anniversary!"

^ That's how.. Assuming the translation isn't THAT horrific.

EDIT: ninja'd :B

16. Scarred Sun

Scarred Sun

Be who you needed when you were younger Administrator
    Tower 8 ️
    Welp, this.

Is that so! Confident it's soon this week? RT @pjd_sega On that subject, isn't this week is Sonic's 20th anniversary celebration? (tsubo~n)

Guys, chill out.

17. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    We have a "reason for edit" bar? haven't seen one of those on a forum in a long time.

Thank you for the proper translation SS. think you could do your magic over at the S1+2 music thread?

18. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    So where's this announcement? I thought they said it would be in the morning.

19. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    It was already morning when they announced it, I guess it will be tomorrow.

20. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    Hm. If the demo does in fact release on the 23rd, it'd make sense to announce it the day before, so people know what to wait for when it comes time for the PSN and XBL stores to update. This also helps because in all likelihood they'd release on different days, not necessarily both on the 23rd, and they'd probably be able to say "This is when it comes to PSN, and that's when it comes to XBL."

I don't see them announcing a PC version, or Episode II, tomorrow if that is indeed what they had planned for the 23rd in the first place.

Talking partially out of my ass here, but yeah.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.