don't click here

Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Did any of you guys receive your copy yet? Mine didn't arrive yet, and once again I start wondering about the Italian mail system :(

2. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Gematsu didn't do an interview, they did a hands-on preview of the game: http://gematsu.com/2011/06/e3-2011-preview-sonic-generations
    The demo of the game shows 2 acts for each stage, so it's natural to assume that the full game will have 2 acts per stage.

3. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages

I ordered it too, and it didn't arrive either. but they did charge the payment on my account, so I expect it to arrive soon.

Spanish mail system also sucks.

4. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    There's your problem. He was incredibly vague with his answer.

5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    You know what I'm curious about? Boss fights. We've talked about levels but I want to see some wonderful bosses. Hopefully they take a few liberties and just take the good bosses because some of the level bosses I don't really care much for seeing again (Chemical Plant Zone for example). But I would love to see the following

Sonic 1: GHZ Wrecking ball boss (This is a given, I'd be shocked if it wasn't in the game)
    Sonic 2: Honestly, none of the bosses were really that memorable for me. I say if Chemical Plant is in the game, give them the Hydrocity boss
    Sonic 3K: Mecha Sonic!!! I'd love to fight Mecha Sonic again in multiple machines, but I'd also like a real fight
    Sonic Adventure 1: Perfect Chaos
    Sonic Adventure 2: I'd like to fight Shadow again honestly. ARK Runway
    Sonic Heroes: I'm going to imagine we get some variation of that Egg bird. Egg Emperor would be cooler though
    Sonic 06: Let's just forget Iblis ever happened. I'm going to say the Egg machine on the crashing Egg Carrier III
    Sonic Unleashed: I would love to see that Rooftop Run boss again or the Egg Spider
    Sonic Colors: Final Boss again, totally. First Sonic vs. Eggman final fight on a main console since Sonic 3, no way would I want to see that put to waste

And just because I want more boss fights

Doomsday: Yep, the stereotypical "OMG FUCK SPACE LEVELS" But I want to see it because it's the original Super Sonic boss fight.
    Sonic 3 Knuckles fight: Nothing felt more satisfying that beating up that son of a bitch after having him laugh at you the entire game (although now that I think about it he was oddly silent for most of the S&K part of the game
    Sonic 3 Final Boss on the Death Egg
    Metal Sonic race. In fact if Sky Sancturary is in the game, I can totally see them ditching Mecha Sonic (It'd suck if they did that though) for Metal Sonic and having classic Sonic fight him the normal way and modern Sonic race him.

Hopefully we don't get fucked over though and only get like 4 bosses. I love what they did with boss fights in Unleashed

6. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    I hope the final boss is an homage to the classic games rather than an original one. The last level being Death Egg or Doomsday would be an orgasm and a half.

7. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    Sadly, I think that the final boss wont be an already seen boss from another game. I tink it will be a battle with that new unknown menace who is destroying time and space.

8. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

I think you're right.

I hope that this new bad guy doesn't overshadow the Eggmen. I'd actually love it to be Eggman Nega or something, purely because every other new bad guy make Robotnik less significant as an enemy. He was a bad guy in Colours but I never felt threatened by him.

9. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    Let Modern deal with him as his final boss, as for Classic let him face off with Robotnik.

I don't think the final boss is going to blow us away. It's going to be the usual shit I.e Super Sonic in space vs Robotnik in a mech, or some cross between a rotting hogs carcass and an old whores minge.

Sonic in space as a final level has been done to fucking death in both Classic and Modern games. As this is Generations and a celebration of Sonic's history I suppose it's only right to end it with a DE/DD type level. But in future, leave space the fuck out of it I say! Or better yet, for shits and giggles start a game in space, have Sonic work his way back down to earth and then finish the game somewhere original. There's never any real reason to end in space anyway in the latest games, beyond "just because" (see Sonic 4).

10. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

I suppose space is always used for a location because it shows a couple of things; the evolution of 'nature' to 'manmade', as well as progression; starting low- ending high.

Space has been done to fuck though, I would like it if they kept it all in earths atmosphere. Sonic Unleashed actually managed this, as did Heroes. I would like them to go further than space- perhaps have the final battle on another planet, like Sonic Advance had Sonic go to the moon, which was a bit awesome.

11. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    You know for trolling purposes the ultimate enemy should be Big piloting the Egg Wrecking ball.

12. Shadix

Shadix

Oldbie
    Solaris. lawl

The game may just follow after Colour's story and keep it pretty lighthearted and have it be like "Dr. Eggman builds a time machine and travels back in time to correct his past mistakes to destroy the blue hedgehog"

I think it'd be neat if the time stones played a role somehow.

13. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Do you want to taco 'bout it? Member
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    GoldenEye: Source, Other Stuff
    What if the Final Boss pulls a Zant from Twilight Princes, and takes you through your past bosses, but in this case, it would be past final bosses from the previous games. Imagine fighting Eggman on the Death Egg, to fighting Chaos in a flooded Central City, to Tag Teaming with Classic Sonic to fight the Ultimate lifeform on the Ark.

14. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    If both Classic and Modern cast are there, I wonder if both classic emeralds and modern emeralds will be there...

15. Which would give us 14 Emeralds....

:O

16. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Do you want to taco 'bout it? Member
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    GoldenEye: Source, Other Stuff
    Multiple people have gone Super with only 7 emeralds before.

17. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    I actually wasn't going to say anything RE the DRM, but this image is a right click --> Save As. =P Though obviously while we're on the subject I will oblig say that I hope they DO decide to not put any on - though I know that in itself is a vain hope.

I assume by the fact it's getting a PC release though that any remaining niggles with the physics system could be hacked - in fact there's quite a bit of hacking potential with this.

nineko - I do know the mag's out for UK release as I've seen it. Not sure how long it'd take to reach Italia.

18. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    That's kind of the point. Thing is if both universes are there, along with both casts, surely both sets of Emeralds would be there too.

EDIT: Added quote cause I got ninja'd XD

19. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Sounds like Unleashed! :specialed: Start the game in space, works his way down to (and around) the earth, and then goes beneath the earth's crust to beat up the scary monster of the week. I know what you mean though. Outer space boss battles are a tradition I don't mind being broken at all.

If there was any boss I positively had to see back from any of the games, I'd go for...hmm. There aren't many bosses I'd prefer to have back actually. Flying Battery Zone's midboss would be cool to catch all the new kiddies off guard though. "Oh look, a capsule, like in Sonic 4! I just have to jump on it and then I beat the level right?" WRONG. Somewhere on earth I will laugh, because that thing caught me off guard so hard, and made me laugh so hard at what a ridiculously awesome concept it was.

Throwing a Knuckles character fight for old times sake wouldn't be too bad. Just as long as it breaks the mold of piss-easy character fights in the series. If Sonic Team includes one and has Knuckles' voice actor emit an emotionless "Oh no." for it I will be perfectly satisfied.

And on the 14 Chaos Emeralds thing...if Hyper Emeralds are in for both sides (read: there's no way it's happening but we can dream), that could possibly equate to 28 Emeralds. Naaaah. :v:

20. Off-topic from Generations, it'd be kickass if the space-battle occured partway (a third of the way? Half of the way?) through a Sonic game. The first half of the game starts from an ocean/beach, moves up mountains, into Eggman's airfleet and subsequently into space; it seems like the game is reaching it's conclusion and BAM Sonic gets fucked up, thrown back to Earth and subjected to the games less forgiving second half.

The first time I played Zelda: A Link To The Past, I was disappointed because I was so sure I was getting close to the end of the game when I fought Agahnim (I didn't really pick up on the hints from the Dark World that there was more to come). I was absolutely blown away with awesome when they stuck their middle finger up to traditional game structure and said "loljk guys, you've got another 8 dungeons to go". Something like that in Sonic would be amazing, and I think it'd give that sense of scale that hasn't quite been seen since Sonic 3 and Knuckles' comprehensive quest across Angel Island.

As for Generations though, chances are the last boss will be either some bastard robot (created by the two Eggmans together) or some disgusting interdimensional being, and it will take place in the blank, white, half-complete universe seen in the first trailer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.