don't click here

Sonic Generations Hacking (and More!)

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Andrew75, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Twilightzoney

Twilightzoney

Tech Member
    Elgin, IL And Hampshire
    Unleashed and Generations Stuff and Custom Works
    I'm actually going about a way for batch converting HKX to XML and XML to HKX for quick and easier editing for animations/collisions. Plus trying to find a way to batch wavelet compress for animations instead of re-exporting animations. Since I didn't find out about this till later one with my animation exporting. So I'd rather not re-export over 100 animations right now.

But I got the conversion working just need to get the compression working and all will be dandy for me. Now if only there was an easier way of handling the duration timing. Hopefully I'll figure that stuff out soon. So maybe we won't have to re-edit xml versions.

Edit Edit Edit : Oh boy, never thought of this. Well seems Wavelet compressions settings seem to mess it up for Classic Sonic when he tries to enter the stage. Since usually when using compression it would kill on Classic Sonic right when he loaded but now he is fine until he enters a stage. So its the compressions settings that need tweaking. Hopefully I'll figure it out and give people the right configuration to use.

2. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1iY05PkDJY

lol

3. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    Actually, I talked it over with Guess_Who days ago and we decided it needed its own thread, I was just out of the house for today

THANKS, TIMMIT

4. Falk

Falk

you didn't even use my trailer music for your trailer

I'm hurt man

5. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    Nah, a rinky-dink little mod like mine is pretty insignificant compared to the fact you're like, an actual professional now

You don't need me!

6. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    Oh man, That Metal Sonic mod is LEGIT. Probably one of my favorite Generations mods. Any updates to that are much welcomed.

7. JansenM

JansenM

Devon, UK
    Generations mods
    I'm certainly no JoeTE, but I've no idea when someone last posted a custom character so here's my first attempt at a mod.

You can download it here. Feedback welcome.
    Also,
    I've created a template for the loading screen graphic so that others don't have to work out the order and placement of every tile. The dimensions may be slightly out, but it creates a successful result if you follow it strictly.
    [​IMG]

8. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Good. Fucking. God. That's awesome.

9. Mr Lange

Mr Lange

A wise guy eh. I know how to DEAL with wise guys. Member
    The Land of Waldos
    Sonic Utopia, Sonic Overture
    So I'm working with someone on a level hack, and I've heard visual elements can be animated, but collisions cannot be animated or modified. We're trying to accomplish a gimmick similar to the light bridges in Death Egg.

[​IMG]

We're trying to figure out if there is some way to cheat it with an object or triggers. This is for a 2d level. Anyone got any ideas?

10. Twilightzoney

Twilightzoney

Tech Member
    Elgin, IL And Hampshire
    Unleashed and Generations Stuff and Custom Works
    Try using a timer trigger with rigid body to turn it on or off. Not sure if that would work in Gens but its worth a shot.

11. Tiller

Tiller

HDK & World Runner
    I've tried running this over Adventure Mod with the wrong load order. The result:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And then when you press start the skeleton overlays the model and shit gets spooky.

12. JansenM

JansenM

Devon, UK
    Generations mods
    Oh boy, that's interesting. I would've thought all the files visible in that screenshot would be replaced, that sounds horrifying.

13. Joe T.E.

Joe T.E.

All life form data, successfully copied! Member
    At my home in Florida
    Big the Cat in Sonic Generations, High-Res HUD for Sonic Lost World, Metal Sonic Lost World (Version 1.0,) Sonic Generations: Episode Metal (Version 3.0.)
    So, does anyone here remember that mod I made of the Virtual Hedgehogs from Sonic Colors?
    Well, I just finished giving it a minor update. And I also finally made proper downloads for the Red, Green, Pink, and Black variants too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84KyA12Ivwg
    If any of you guys want to download the mod, all 5 versions can be found here.

That looks pretty neat. The custom "loading screen" looks neat, and seeing mods in the "non white space" cutscenes is always cool. Nice job!

Well, well, well. That template should be quite helpful to other modders. I might even use it myself to save some time whenever I need to make any other edits to the loading screen
    Also, those dimensions are just about right. That template is perfect.

14. Tiller

Tiller

HDK & World Runner
    I'm not sure what is causing this split screen rendering but it only happened after I quit out of the game to take a screenshot of the title screen and let the shitastic "intro" cinematic play.

[​IMG]

I haven't been able to replicate it since. But I did figure out the load order to make the skeleton model fitting. (clicky on image to get bigger better quality one. I shouldn't be taking these at 3600x2200)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also might as well ask here, is there any easy way to disable motion blurring? It's a pain in the ass when trying to take screenshots.

15. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    You can disable it per-level by changing a setting in the sceneeffect file.

16. Retroman

Retroman

That'll be so cool if you could make the Sonic die animations skeletons that fall apart Tiller. By the way, very impressive for a first mod

17. Tiller

Tiller

HDK & World Runner
    I didn't make the skeleton models that's all JansenM's wonderful work and I'm not really doing anything for the red backgrounds. I just accidently changed up the mod load order when first trying out the Adventure mod and that's what happens. I just thought putting two and two together was fun enough to share.

Though I'm trying my hand at something. It's just not really anything decent to show off.

18. JansenM

JansenM

Devon, UK
    Generations mods
    Perhaps if there was a way to give the model its own mesh when dying, I could rig each bone to its own... er... bone, and make it fall apart. I see no way for that to work, though.

EDIT: Alternatively, I could put a second model scaled down inside the model (unfortunately doubling the poly count) and scale it out for a custom death animation.

19. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    Or you could just, you know, add bones/joints. And make sure all those joints are parented to the main joints, and only animate the individual bones for the death animation. :specialed:

20. Retroman

Retroman

Replace the 1up with Milk XD