don't click here

Sonic: Eastern Coast Adventures

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Master3k, Apr 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    I'm not wrong, it does increase the difficulty. Quite a fair bit if you look at some of the layouts in S-Factor and Westside Island; D.A.Garden can be quite mean with his spike placements.

Just leave the "it's called..." routine for when you're trying to one-up preschoolers, okay?

2. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

It's an improper term about something that really doesn't matter that much. Much like the "eiosian spheres" it's what people are familiar with. If it's changed, then fine, it's correct. The Dust Hill-Mystic Cave names were confusing because it was difficult to tell which people were talking about. If someone says "spike bug" then you're going to know what they're talking about. Correct them if you like, but it's not the most pressing issue.

3. Destructiox

Destructiox

Masochistic Maniac, Raving Lunatic Member
    East Midlands, England
    Sonic 1 Lunacy.
    Actually........ :eng101:

(Not as hard as you think)

4. Aka Mekon

Aka Mekon

AKA The best Member
    France
    No, I'm just sit on a chair =p
    I just wanna know something : Is there people that choose to put the spike bug on? Because I find it useless to choose if we want to die directly or not.

5. Namagem

Namagem

USA
    Yeah, someone who has beaten the game on the hardest difficulty there is and still wants a harder challenge.

6. Master3k

Master3k

OK... all flowers and rainbows now. Everything is fixed and etc. No data truncation happened again.

But if I say I'm not quite happy with my GHZ art yet, would you guys believe? :V

It's because it is too green. See, practically every forest/hill zone is all happy and full of life. I want a less happy one, like PPZ bad future or a Green hill that gives like a sinister feeling (like...Resident Evil 4 forest parts, but I don't mean scary hill, I mean sinister hill =P).

What would you prefer seeing, a sinister polluted hill or a happy hill?

EDIT:Grammar.
    EDIT2:wtf, why did I put that *? o.o
    Also, don't post saying "do what you think it's better". I want to know your opinion.

7. Neither. Make it a ghost town.

I want to see something completely freaky. Something that hasn't been done in a Sonic game.

Think Genocide City, but in the country side.

Better yet, make it a war torn battlefield, with broken trees, pollution in the air, and even broken badnicks.

WOULD BE AMAZING.

8. Master3k

Master3k

I'm not too sure about the battlefield thing, but the broken trees, broken badniks and pollution are great ideas! Shouldn't be too hard to do, also.

I could also do something completely new... or I could keep the happy hill zone. We'll see =v But probably I'll change it.

9. Aka Mekon

Aka Mekon

AKA The best Member
    France
    No, I'm just sit on a chair =p
    Make a sinister polluted hill, because nobody, or a few people have done that kind of level, but this is just my opinion.

10. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
  11. Master3k

Master3k

Not in a hack.

As far as I know, of course.

EDIT:Wtf, double posted in one post. =O?

12. Icewarrior

Icewarrior

I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S !!11!!!1!! Member
    Well, why not trying a remake of the Mecha Green Hill zone from Sonic Chaos?

13. Master3k

Master3k

Ok uh...I couldn't port the PPZ Bad future BG (fuck that waterfalls and poluted river)...

But I wasn't happy too with my SLZ background, so I changed it.

[​IMG]

In other news, the Menu now saves the last option you choosed by SRAM.

And the hack has been ported to 32x. Yay 4 PWM channels! =P

14. Ice Sonic

Ice Sonic

Ice Cap
    No, I am not working on any hack, fanart, or website.
    I like the background but looks distracting in the last pic. At least for me.

15. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    I actually like the background shown in the last pic :P Not so much the rest because it looks like random dots.

16. Master3k

Master3k

:psyduck: Well, I guess it's not easy make everyone happy. What would you two suggest? It would be nice to hear 2 persons with different opinions.

17. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    Eh? The stars are OK. I was talking about those dots right behind the buildings, which I suppose are meant to be more buildings that look small because of the distance. They look more like random garbage than buildings (or anything in particular, to be fair).

Basically, I was complaining about what appears mostly in the background of the second screenshot.

18. Master3k

Master3k

Ahh. I think I got it now, and I sort of agree (when I launched the level to import on SonED2, I though the BG was glitched =P). I removed that part (replaced by actual stars).

19. Chaud

Chaud

I like it! But if you're looking for suggestions, I have one. I think the colors are a little too strong, and let the eyes tired after looking at it for a while. Maybe you can change the tone for something a little darker. As always, I will illustrate my suggestion with an image:

[​IMG]

Not necessarily these colors (which is too dark even for my taste, but I was too lazy to try to find an ideal tone), but you get the idea. The stars in this pic disappeared because of the saturation change, but don't think that you should necessarily change anything in them, I think they are good the way you used. Sorry if it looks like I'm intruding too much. It's not my intention. ;)

20. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Original, No substitute Resident Jester
    Japan
    ...pretty much what was just said above...

but the BG is not necessarily my consern at this point as you haven't created a proper fitting FG for it, I mean, the BG that looks a tad odd for this FG may not look odd for another FG, have you considered changing the FG to anything?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.