don't click here

Sonic Boom 2012

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Aesculapius Piranha, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    Yeah, it was pretty neat, wandering around San Diego and stuff. Would have stayed, but I had homework to do. Then I got home and my mind decided it was going to take an extra day to process all that happened. Oh well, next year I'll plot to stay the whole time. :v:

2. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I'm about to make the long trek back to the retirement home. I'll send out the photos and video as I know a certain Sega staffer wants last year's tower of hats. Other than that, it was a blast.and I'll.definitely come back.

3. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    That black guy with the eyes is this year's Charmy Girl.

Seems that it was a good event, anyone got a video of Jun trying to do the Sonic 4 medley again, I hear he did much better this time.

4. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Project AXSX(Sonic Xtreme) + Misc Projects
    Aww man , wish I could have gone to this event...

5. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Here, have another video. :v:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mwBNiAC9Yc[/youtube]

6. Scarred Sun

Scarred Sun

Be who you needed when you were younger Administrator
    Tower 8 ️
    Welp, this.
    I stand by my in video comment of "you're all nerds."

7. Nova

Nova

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun - it's great seeing the US Retro members get an opportunity to hang out, too.

One day, I want to go to Summer of Sonic and Boom in the same year. D:

8. Ashura2k

Ashura2k

Thants. Oldbie
    I love how I'm just awkwardly smoking a cigarette in the background of all these videos, never adding anything aside from the occasional look of bemusement. Usually I'm a lot more talkative, but jesus christ, you guys were ALWAYS ON! Especially Jax :P

9. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I still have the second best video of the bunch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nUQzqq6fb4

10. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    Yeah, usually I am someone who constantly talks but, sometimes I couldn't get much of a word in edgewise.

Instead, due to being extremely fidgety you see me pacing around and wandering through all the videos. @_@

11. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Because I'm that awesome center of attention that everyone loves. :v:

12. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    Also, naturally, I'd be interested in having a copy of the photos taken during the Yardhouse meetup/line waiting (if any of those were taken); I figured all you guys with fancy digital cameras would cover it better than me sloooowly cranking the film one. Just PM me or whatever if you need my email or something (I would just throw it out here but, eh. As it is my spam blocking device seems to be beset by floods of spam.)

13. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I already put up the only one I had from YardHouse. I still need to send Skyler's his (expect them soon) but for the most part, I uploaded the better ones already to the Official Sonic Retro flickr account. I ddn't get too many good ones this year. This was a harder venue to photograph than Club Nokia without using other gear than just stock DSLR camera stuff. Everything else was either too blurry to be useable or just wasn't that good compositionally.

14. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    Ah. Good.

Yeah, it was kinda dark in there. Guess I should have used my film SLR then, although the flash to camera interconnect is kind of mysterious to me still. (At times I would shoot everything as it should and it'd fail, then other times I'd accidentally set it waaay off and it'd magically autocorrect and get photos that I thought were impossible in total darkness.)

15. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    So we already have Gene's write-up on the front page. How much interest would there be in reading a second one by me?

16. Scarred Sun

Scarred Sun

Be who you needed when you were younger Administrator
    Tower 8 ️
    Welp, this.
  17. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Yeah, we had to run away from there, but were caught by Kellie.

It was a bad time.

18. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    So we hid in a line afterwards...

19. Bartman3010

Bartman3010

Site Staff
    You wacky kids you.

20. biggestsonicfan

biggestsonicfan

Model2wannaB Tech Member
    ALWAYS Sonic the Fighters
    I'm pretty sure handing us the Chao keychain and not including it in the bag was a bad idea. I somehow managed to lose mine, along with my drink tickets, immediately.

In any case, Boom was very awesome, and it was great to meet all you folks... though did anyone else think Johnny's vocal performance was a bit... off? Maybe it was just me, or maybe it's because he's not recording in a studio but bouncing around the stage and trying to sing.

I also showed Jun the Sonic Mars script. I did so because I remember someone showing him Sonic Crackers on a PSP and he got real excited, so I thought he would have been interested. I was very wrong. He kept telling me how I shouldn't have that, and how it should be destroyed. He also kind of sounded angry about it. That's going to haunt me for a while.