don't click here

Sonic Adventure DX (Preview) Discussion

Discussion in 'Prototype Discussion' started by Sazpaimon, Feb 24, 2008.

1. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    So the Dragon boss is fully in the game and workable? Patterns and all?

Amazing. Never thought we'd see it working.

2. Ayla

Ayla

I shat on your desk ^^ Oldbie
    West Linn, OR
    Hacking Contest, StH Overlooked, Personal Indie game
    That's certainly something I wasn't expecting.. maybe the art for that one "beta windy valley" is somewhere floating around, too? That would rock <3

3. JoseTB

JoseTB

Tech Member
    Quite impressive I must say, I wasn't expecting to see the dragon there... I'll see if I can get it to run on my GC, this is definitively worth it.

4. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    Well, it's not like today where a single deathmatch level for a FPS will take up 15-20mb. I'd assume, textures and all, a single level in SA1 would take up maybe 3mb - 4mb tops. Character models are probably less than a full megabyte in themselves.

The majority of what takes up the most disc space is music, sound, and video.

Furthermore, "padding" is used in most disc-based media. "Padding" is when unused portions of the disc are filled up with garbage data to make sure the disc is completely full when it's written to. This is known to speed up loading times and keep the condition of your CD laser in top shape. Therefore, unless they were really stressed for space and were forced to delete stuff, it makes sense that they'd leave stuff in there.

5. Zycor

Zycor

Unlike Sonic, I don't chuckle. Member
    Beats me.
    Isn't the Dragon called Golah? "When Golah breaths fire, it's your chance to attack." Unless Sonic Adventure holds another boss somewhere to find?

6. Sazpaimon

Sazpaimon

Tech Member
  7. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I'm pretty sure that references that enemy with the fire orbs. When it "breathes out", it makes its fire orbs spin wider, making it the prime time to attack it.

EDIT: Regarding the video, it's awesome to see the Dragon in action... I can't help but feel the way it animates looks slightly retarded. None the less, thanks for uploading the vid, Saz. :thumbsup:

8. Franz

Franz

ALL OF THE LIGHTS Member
    That's epic. The motherfucking dragon moving on video.

9. Zycor

Zycor

Unlike Sonic, I don't chuckle. Member
    Beats me.
    As I said in my last post "When Golah is breathing fire it's your chance to attack." by the hint orb aka Tikal.

10. Blackbird

Blackbird

Boston (Venezuelan Transplant)
    https://rabbitears.rip
    Blaze: Hey, who knows? Maybe it's padding, maybe it's forgetfulness, we'll never find out for sure unless someone in this forum worked in Sonic Adventure or something like that.

Anyway, keep up the great work Saz. Maybe we'll find that Tails hidden area soon.

11. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Indeed. I'm fairly sure, unless evidence can prove otherwise, the Dragon boss never had its own proper name. That sound clip used to be attributed to it in a simpler time, but people eventually woke up and saw it stood for the fire enemy.

12. PicklePower

PicklePower

Wiki Sysop
  13. RattleMan

RattleMan

Oldbie
    I've been gone most of the day, so I've just seen this. My comment?

wtfffffffffffffffffff

14. SonKnuck

SonKnuck

The Lazy Guy Oldbie
    Quebec
    DBZ Re-enactment and LPs on Youtube
    Oh wow I go to work and THIS happens. I need to go to work more often.

15. Quexinos

Quexinos

Since 1997 Oldbie
    it's not conclusive but that's what I always thought as well.

really incredible video footage. I wonder if he is doing what he was supposed to do by just following the plane. I mean if he's called "boss" he'd probably be fought at one point.

Thanks for posting it Saz.

I'd also like to point out that you did a very good job playing the level facing the wrong way.

16. Nemesis

Nemesis

Tech Member
    Damn. You know, I'm sitting at work right now, and our webfilter apparently has sonic cult blacklisted. That means I can't see any of these screenshots or view the video for another couple of hours until I get home.

Bugger.

17. Skaarg

Skaarg

Wow, this is awesome, very nice find with the dragon.

18. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    This is cool, but the dragon doesn't do anything except make a stronger reference to Panzer Dragoon, right? (Maybe it wasn't intended as much more than a joke or reference by the developers!)

19. Nemesis

Nemesis

Tech Member
    OMFG. That is absolutely awesome. We've gone from one low-res blurry image to that. And I was thinking this would be one of the less interesting protos.