don't click here

Sonic Adventure DX (Preview) Discussion

Discussion in 'Prototype Discussion' started by Sazpaimon, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Sazpaimon

Sazpaimon

Tech Member
    I went and retook most of the screenshots save for a few (the dragon shots for example) using gcnrd, which takes a screenshot from the hardware itself, so as a result, the images are 1:1 and should be much clearer.

2. Sazpaimon

Sazpaimon

Tech Member
  3. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    What happens when you select Super Sonic the Hedgehog in a regular level?

Also lol at the Man 3

4. Rafalapso

Rafalapso

All those Amy files are copies of amy.GVM, made in Japanese windows 9x

5. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
    I can confirm that the "dragon" is in SA1 Dreamcast final build. I've been searching in the models for hours and I came across him. The reason it's all screwed up looking, is the way the models are stored. They end up in 1 big pile.

Pic showing that it is indeed SA1,and not SADX(Note the Sonic R style head)
    http://i26.tinypic.com/30tgsjt.png
    Wings
    http://i26.tinypic.com/2vanjn6.png
    Dragon head
    http://i30.tinypic.com/33ojx3t.png
    Engine/Thruster things on rear
    http://i26.tinypic.com/24wuhxh.png
    All of it next to the egg carrier
    http://i32.tinypic.com/2lwn2i0.png

6. PicklePower

PicklePower

Wiki Sysop
    So then it should be in the PC version too. Was the dragon just an object? If so, we could easily place a dragon object in the PC version to get a better look at it in action.

7. evilhamwizard

evilhamwizard

Researcher
    How'd you view the Dreamcast models? Please tell. :P

8. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
    Theres a ripper created by Sanik, you can find it over at Holenet. You need to decompress .prs files, some of them have .bin files which are the models.

9. Sappharad

Sappharad

Oldbie
    See 2 or 3 pages back. I posted the complete object list for every stage.
    Editing the SET files for Sky chase have no effect. You can get rid of every single object in the file, and the stage appears no different at all. I agree that the content is there, but actually adding it to the level is another story.

10. PicklePower

PicklePower

Wiki Sysop
    Ah, didn't see that.

11. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
    Has anyone uploaded a mirror of this? I really wanna take a look at the files to see if it's possible to implement the debug to SA1. All the text from the debug is in the main exe of SA1, so By looking at the files in SADX I might be able to reimplement it if it's still there.

12. I think QJimbo mirrored the complete proto set (including GameCube).

13. MathUser

MathUser

3rd top wiki contributor Researcher
    All the cartridge protos have been uploaded to the wiki. I think those discs will probably be too big it.

14. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
    Alright, I downloaded qjimbo's mirror, but I can't find bios. I've been searching for 3 fucking hours.... Anyone care to give me theirs?

wait a second... Is the lightspeed shoes still using the dreamcast model?

[​IMG]

I can't look for myself but In the picture, that looks like the texture and model to me. The shoes are more blocky looking than they should be.

15. evilhamwizard

evilhamwizard

Researcher
    Sorry for bumping, but I just wanted to prove something I mentioned a while back.

Preview:
    [​IMG]

Final:
    [​IMG]

As I've mentioned before, if you walk into the poles, you get stuck there and can never get out.

And I've also seen some people mention playing this game on Dolphin. Here's a tip. If you plan on playing any game on Dolphin, using a x64 OS is your best bet at this point. You need to download the x64 beta 3 version of Dolphin (available at dolphin-emu.com). You must be sure you are running a x64 version of Windows, and have at least a Dual Core processor. Make sure that your actual video card settings are not overriding any other settings, since this causes slow down at times. Under the GFX plugin settings, make sure you have turned off the shader plugin (you can probably use 1.1 or 1.4, but stay away from 2.0) if you want to see the debug menus and screens. Also, make sure there is no antialias setting on. Make sure it's running in Window mode and running with the lowest resolution. And finally, do not force bi/trilinear filtering ~ can cause slow down. Besides the other settings you can mess around with, leave them as default.

Before running the game, under Emulation tick "Use dynarec" and "Use Dual Core". It's the whole point of using the x64 version of Dolphin in the first place. In game, make sure you don't skip any cutscenes. If you skip a cutscene, Dolphin will close without warning. If you plan on playing the Final version of the game, you must play using this memory card file that I have created which you can download here. To use this file, replace the MemoryCardA.raw file that is inside of your DATA_USA folder. The reason a 100% complete save is needed for the Final is because no matter what I do, the game always closes Dolphin while trying to load the cutscene of Sonic sleeping and being woken up by Tails near the hotel area.

This should make it a lot easier to mess with the game for some people, especially those who cannot run the game on a retail Gamecube. You don't have to worry about the framerate a lot, the framerate is near perfect sometimes (only some weird graphical problems, but that's probably because you had to turn off the shaders).

Enjoy. :)

EDIT: I know there are 10849275285602956 versions of Sonic Adventure out there. If the glass w/ the two poles are in any other version, please post. I figured that it was something newly added, because the added change itself is buggy.

EDIT2:
    [​IMG]
    I don't remember seeing this guy. Anyone seen him around?

EDIT3:
    [​IMG]
    Here's another cool unused object that I mentioned earlier. This tree splits in half and falls down once you get near it. The cool part? It has no collision, so either it isn't finished or it was used for some cutscene.

EDIT4:
    [​IMG]
    The awsome Station Square map I talked about. Pretty good, right? :P

If you liked that one...

[​IMG]
    Mystic Ruins is even better. Truck huh...

16. evilhamwizard

evilhamwizard

Researcher
    Ohh, we have a couple of good things with this update. :(

The first I would like to mention however are some of the weird lighting/gloss differences in Station Square between Preview/Review/Final.

Let me first start off with the character models:

Final - Preview - Review
    [​IMG]
    Lighting in Station Square, as well as other areas, were changed as well:

Preview:
    [​IMG]

Review:
    [​IMG]

Final:
    [​IMG]

And now for some other things I forgot to mention. You can actually activate everything (menus/unlockables/characters/etc) on the Title Screen. The game calls this "EnableAll!!", and you can activate it once the "Press Start" text has been displayed by pressing "B+A". Here's a screenshot:

[​IMG]

Also, you can also jump right onto the Easy Menu without having to complete a game for anyone by waiting for "Press Start" text to appear and pressing "Y+X". As I've said before, you can't seem to do any of this in the Review build.

However...

[​IMG]

I finally got the Chao Garden debugger to load! It only seems to work with the Review build by pressing "L+Y" while in the Chao Garden. Everytime I do this however, my emulator crashes. So I'll have to try it on a console to see what it can do.

I hope this sparks some interest in the Review build. I would've posted this in the Review topic, but it's gone. I think a new topic for the Review build might be needed as there are many things that I think I can get out of it if I explore deep enough.

Hope you enjoyed this. :v:

17. Sazpaimon

Sazpaimon

Tech Member
    Great stuff! I'll get to burning the review copy right away

18. drx

drx

mfw Researcher
    :rolleyes:
    Pretty cool stuff, wish I had a GC :P

19. Yuzu

Yuzu

Sorry for the nearly a bump post, but has anyone tried using the chao garden debugger on hardware yet? I would try but I'm not streaming the build for hours to crash(I really need an SD card).

20. evilhamwizard

evilhamwizard

Researcher
    It works on actual hardware - but the debug menu itself isn't much. All it does is keep track of what's in the Chao Garden. So there aren't any values you can edit. :\