don't click here

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Chimpo, Dec 29, 2011.

1. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    OK you want me to show you.

And lets not forget the dozens of post you have done in the past saying almost exactly the same thing.

Jeez you're doing it again can you stop it or do I need to bring up that video again giving their opinion on the flaws of Sonic 4.

[​IMG]

2. dsrb

dsrb

Whew! I'm glad you checked yourself and added that last bit. ;)

Also, lol Steve

3. Ayu Tsukimiya

Ayu Tsukimiya

UGUU~ Member
    I get madder and madder every time I see that picture. WHY WON'T YOU LEAK THIS TAXMAN

4. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    This make me VERY fucking angry! That would've been the very first truly new classic zone experience in 17 years... and they fucking take it away. THIS is what we wanted, 100% Classic game with new zones... what the fuck are we supposed to play now? Sonic 4? *sniggers*

5. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    See, the issue is that while it won't be just like the originals, we don't know if it is fun yet. There have been fun games savaged by the fanbase before, and many more like it in the future. But this game's still a mystery until we get our hands on it.

However, there are small things we can piece together from the videos, like that its soundfont is not the same as Episode 4's and those obnoxious chains of badniks are back and as dumb as ever.

6. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Stupid question really. Sonic 4 Episode 2 already IS the best Sonic game to come out since Generations... because nothing else has actually come out since Generations. Doesn't stop it looking like absolute shit does it?

7. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    The Badnik Chains are more frustrating here though, because they fit even than they did in E1. In this game so far, it looks like they are shoehorned in, almost as if they have once-per-stage quota.

"Hmm the stage looks good so far, but we gotta add that Homing Attack chain to make sure the Player still knows how to use it. Oh, and add a bottomless pit under it, so the player HAS to use the homing attack to progress. We really want to show that move off as something essential and important."

This is what it seems like is happening amongst the dev team. What I would like to see, are some of the fun ways Colors used the HA on some stages, I.e. using it as an option to reach a higher path, or even secret hidden paths (unseen badniks that could be behind, or below your camera view, as initially hidden HA targets). Even the Metallic Indestructible flying badniks were cool iterations of the "HA chain as a means of movement or navigation" concept.

8. MastaSys

MastaSys

I have to desagree a bit on the badnik chains for the homming attack, if you watched the fotage you can see, that some of them (two situations as far I can remember) aren't required to take the path they follow.
    There is a ramp to the same way or an moving plataform for example, this is good thing, someone than just want to run foward can take the ramp, others that like to smash the enemies can use the homing attack.

9. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    Hey.

Hey guys.

You wanna know something?

Facts and opinions

ARE NOT THE SAME GOD DAMNED THING.

I swear, some of you are just Terri Schaivo-tier retarded. What is good in your opinion may very well not be good in someone else's. The inverse also applies. It's shit like this that keeps me from posting in Megathreads.

I like where this game is headed. I don't like speed boosters, but I'm confident that I, if not someone else will be able to get rid of them upon release. Sure, spin attack doesn't gain as much momentum as it should. That's probably fixable too. Other than that, it looks just fine. I see nothing wrong with the level design aside from speed boosters. Just like in the original Sonic 4 thread, the first Generations thread, and every single other thread from 2009 until now, you guys just bitch about the most menial, unimportant bullshit. Just shut the fuck up. You're giving me diabetes.

10. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

I can't begin to tell you how wrong you are and how you've entirely missed the point and taken everything I've said out of context,
    but I'm on my iPod and away all weekend so I'll save me asking what the hell you're really on about when I'm back tomorrow.

Honestly.

11. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Ahh, opinions and facts... that old fucking tiresome chestnut. Here's an interesting FACT about opinions and facts. Nobody, NOBODY ever fucking whines about opinions and facts when they agree with what's being said. I bet my penis and my home that you would never have made that post if everyone was raving about the game.

12. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    Unfortunately, there's no way to test that theory, but it's okay, because I don't want your penis. I'm taking an entirely neutral stance on this game. I'm probably not even going to try or buy it for a while. I'm pointing out the things I like, and the stuff I don't like and making my own views of the game based entirely on what I think about it. I don't give a shit about the opinions of others, I'm just sick and tired of the constant bitching and infighting.

Or to quote myself in #retro:

13. MastaSys

MastaSys

Or in more nicier terms, this is a topic in General Sonic discussion, so we discuss, preety normal.
    Unless we start insulting people directly over a simple videogame, I think beeing more...... passionate about it isn't going to be that of a problem.
    Yes beeing an ass it bothers me sometimes, but that's the low point about beeing respectfull of other's opinions, it's for everybody.

14. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    You'd probably like the house though, anyway peace!

15. Plorpus

Plorpus

Hog Blue So What Member
    I really wish there were two Sonic 4 Episode 2 threads: one for arguing, and one for actual news, speculation, etc. I'm getting pretty tired of checking the thread just to see page upon page of "THIS GAME IS TERRIBLE AND ALSO I HATE YOU AND YOUR TASTE IS SHIT" or "YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT THIS GAME WILL BE FUCKING AWESOME AND ALSO FUCK YOU"

16. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    The apologists for the game would never resist the temptation to come into the "Sonic 4 sucks" thread and tell us we're wrong.

17. Impish

Impish

And now we've reached the point where people begin complaining about complaining. THIS IS THE TRUE SONIC CYCLE PEOPLE.

18. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    We really should know better by now shouldn't we? The complainers still end up with a shite game, and the complain about complainers just make us even madder and want to complain even more. I think for once we should all shut the fuck up, just in case this Sonic 4 farce is delayed for months like last time while they pretend they're fixing shit. Just let the game come out as it is as quickly as possible... and then don't buy it. :)

19. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    I cared a lot about the physics because I felt it really hurt the gameplay. Generations' Classic Sonic physics weren't identical to the older games, but it controlled well enough to where I didn't really have any control issues with the Classic Sonic stages. I also strongly disliked the graphics and the music's style because it trashed the game's presentation. Graphics aren't everything, but there's a lot of games out there that make up for graphical faults by having an interesting style that was well thought out. Sonic 4: Episode 1 failed miserably at achieving that. Then with the music, out of all the game series out there, I tend to enjoy Sonic music the most. I absolutely love S3&K's soundtrack and for its sequel to have a shitty soundtrack, it irritates me. The forced limitations style just came off absolutely horrible and I hate the way that game sounds. Shame too because some of the songs had a lot of potential if only they were pulled off better. Even Splash Hill Act 1 could have sounded miles better if it had better direction.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCtXDkMX9Ss[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM5ABieM38I[/youtube]

Both of those remixes sound much more musically interesting than we got, yet they both placed certain limitations in their music. Just listening to some other remixes right now, I think Sonic 4's music could have been really good if it was just pulled off much better, but it wasn't. A shame really. Despite all of these negative aspects of the game, I actually liked this game. While I pretty much lost interest with the game after getting all of the achievements, I definitely didn't dislike it. I disliked a lot of aspects that I felt really hurt the game, but I had some fun playing it. Not a ton of fun, but enough to where I would give it a 7/10. For comparison, S3&K is my favorite game of all time and outdoes Episode 1 of Sonic 4 in pretty much every way. In a perspective of just basing it solely on what it offers, it's fun but nothing spectacular and has a lot of issues. As a sequel to S3&K, it's an extremely unworthy sequel that should've never had that name. Since Episode 2 has resolved the physics and graphics issues, hopefully it'll be a much better game but it's still looking to be an unworthy sequel to S3&K, just not in as extreme of a quality gap.

Except neither of the New Super Mario Bros. games are called Super Mario Bros. 4. If Nintendo did that, they would've raised expectations insanely high but Nintendo was smart to not call either of those games that. Hell, New Super Mario Bros. Wii is a far more worthy sequel to SMB3 than Sonic 4: Episode 1 was to S3&K. If NSMBW was called SMB4 instead, I probably wouldn't be pissed since I really enjoyed that game a lot except for some of the dumb motion controls. That, and the art style was pretty unimpressive.

20. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    This is a better example!

But remember, budget affects quality! Jun must have received just a portion of what he received on Generations!