don't click here

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Chimpo, Dec 29, 2011.

1. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    Ken confirmed himself that Sonic and Tails co-op IS indeed a forced gimmick. There you have it, Tails himself is the new homing attack. If you don't want to become livid with rage, stay away from the official Sega forums.

2. Felik

Felik

Yay! Now we have a legit reason to hate Tails with passion!
    I've always known he'd ruin the franchise some day :argh: :argh: :argh:

3. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    Not a reference. A pun. There's a really big difference: one refers to something, the other is a play on words.

Whether intended or not, the pun was terrible.

Somehow I doubt that's an accurate translation of his meaning.

4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Actually I think that is what he meant from what I read.

Anyways, Tails being a forced gimmick isn't too bad of an idea. It's not exactly what I hoped for, but I'll give it a shot. It could be interesting, like a Sonic Advance 3 that somewhat works. Hell it could be more fun. It would have been nice of them to make Sonic alone, Tails alone, and Sonic & Tails paths in the levels for variety purposes though. But I can play co-op whenever and run around as Tails for all eternity if I so choose.

5. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    Just been reading that "Hello Everyone - Back from LA!" thread and I came across this.

[​IMG]

Kinda confirms that this particular issue is being worked on but it being right when the game is finished is another matter. Anyway we know now that the physics are not fixed at this current time.

EDIT:

Also this just confirms some of the bad level design that is just in the trailer alone.

[​IMG]

6. Burnt Ash

Burnt Ash

Sonic + faceground = Member
    I do hope that they'll get the physics right this time around. Good physics + good level design can make lots of things fun!

7. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    Yes, it really is just DIMPS. They never got the formula right and never will. Generations 3DS had the main team intervene at one point whereas the other projects didn't.

Not once has a DIMPS game captured normal Sonic movement.

8. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    What about Sonic Advance, they did a nice job on that.

I like the Rush games a lot despite the unpolished physics.

9. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.p...ack-from-LA!&p=7144112&viewfull=1#post7144112

Well uh, there we have it folks.

Also, to steal the image from the last page:

[​IMG]

...if this is the "BRAND NEW GAMEPLAY ENGINE", and they knew this was a feature many requested be fixed...why didn't they just implement that in the first place?

Hint hint?

(Maybe I'm just reading this entirely wrong, but it sounds like they're using the same engine to me, and are trying to pass it off as completely new)

10. Greg the Cat

Greg the Cat

I'm gonna draw it! Banned
    A Zone Unknown of Title
    Comics from the Mind of Yours Truly, A little workshop of animation, Sonic FreeRunner
    Yep. He's my favourite clown. I just wish he'd go back to wearing two tails on his face and parading this title as the greatest thing since the telephone instead of meandering about the actual details about the game. Because that's all he really is allowed to do at his job.

11. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    Ken just said 1:1 physics. He's going to get some real shit if it's anything else. Foolish move.

12. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    "But if you are looking to a game exacally like the old genesis games, physics that are spot on to those games, then I would suggest that maybe Sonic CD is where you'd want to be. All I can tell you is we're getting closer."

He's actually suggesting anyone interested to go buy Sonic CD instead, assuming you read that bit wrong, haha. :v:

13. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    Fuck... So I did XD

This is why one doesn't mix alcohol and pot with social interneting. :specialed:

14. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    [​IMG]

While we're bringing Ken's honesty and integrity into question.

Cock!

That is all. Makes you wonder exactly what feedback he really did pass on.

15. Greg the Cat

Greg the Cat

A Zone Unknown of Title
    Comics from the Mind of Yours Truly, A little workshop of animation, Sonic FreeRunner
    It.... Wait, he's being honest? On the Sega forums? I thought that shit didn't fly with the higher ups? And... wait.... Did he just say that about the physics?

Well, he himself just helped confirm that this game is still the same old shit. Now to wait on the eventual PartnerNet leak... and Ken's firing from Sega.

16. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    There's aspects of the game seen in the trailer that are definitely worth questioning, but it's the attitude that the level design sucks when we've seen barely any of it that bugged me. Also, aren't most of the trailers for modern Sonic games just 2-3 second long clips mash together?

Uh, wow... That guy said nothing wrong. What the hell is Ken's problem?

17. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    I'm just going to tell myself that's in a "I'd change complaints like these by going to the root of the problem and solving them!" tone as opposed to what that looks like, I.e. "Don't like our game? There's others out there, go play them. Your complaints are invalid."

Complaints which, largely, I view as suggestions I completely agree with. Know what, I'm reserving judgement on this until I play the demo. What a horrid way to handle marketing for a downloadable game.

EDIT: Nothing against Ken personally. I can tell he's a nice guy. I don't envy his job of having to pass off Sonic 4 to us. Thing is, it wouldn't be such a burden if they had been straight-up from Day 1. If they had just said it's a graphical bump with a few tweaks to the gameplay engine from Day 1, anyone disappointed with Episode 1 would have likely said "lol no, I'm out" and been done with it, and anyone who enjoyed Episode 1 would have gotten an even better product.

18. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    That exchange of comments is basically why no DIMPS game will actually be what we want; contrary to some I won't say that means all their games are bad though. Just not "Real" Sonic games as far as most of us see them.

I would cut down on the Ken-bashing anyway, it's not like he can force DIMPs to stop being themselves. A more productive task awaits: is this better than most of their past offerings as they claim or not?

19. Greg the Cat

Greg the Cat

A Zone Unknown of Title
    From the looks of things, he wasn't just happy with simply quitting (assuming he's tired of his shitty job of having to lie to us in order to sell Sega's shit chip cookies). He wants to get fired. With class.

I applaud Ken. He's finally going to make something of himself.

20. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    So Ken is saying go buy SCD again? Ok fine I don't mind giving Taxman more money. :v: