don't click here

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Chimpo, Dec 29, 2011.

1. synchronizer

synchronizer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Something isn't right, and that doesn't even look like an ending. I can't imagine this being the true conclusion of Sonic 4: Episode II, so hopefully the final build will rectify the lack thereof.

2. corneliab

corneliab

A lot of people are under the impression that a 100% ending simply hasn't been implemented in Beta 8. Isn't there a weird cutscene tune that doesn't play?

Also, it just seems really strange for the game to end with Little Planet still being encased.

3. Arique

Arique

SHUWATCH! Member
    You're referring to "Cutscene 9c", right?

4. Felik

Felik

Original good special stage music anyone?
    Take note that Colors DS was even bigger cash-in than Sonic 4

5. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Out of curiosity, how did this leak even happen? I bought it when I had the chance of course, but I really don't get why the pre-order went out as a download. A playable one no less. Who's to blame for it?

6. Conando

Conando

Is not, in fact, Raphael Member
    Lynn, MA
    MarioMedia.net FTP
    Why does Tails look upset in the Special Stage video? Did they try to turn the special stages into a competition or something? Seems entirely pointless.

7. 1stKirbyever

1stKirbyever

I'm wondering about the 100% Ending too. I collected all the Chaos Emeralds and Red Rings and the game froze after the credits. Which usually means that a file is missing or corrupt.

8. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Whoever passes the gate first looks excited, and the other one looks sad and worn out. You'll not see Tails in the lead unless you play multiplayer though. So long as Sonic's in the lead, it looks like he calls Tails a wanker (see what he does with his hand).

Works fine for me with all Red Rings and Emeralds. Without them, you get an Eggman TV screen with the words "Try Again" after the credits, but with them you just go straight to the title screen. It definitely feels like something is missing.

9. Vinchenz

Vinchenz

Yo! Hustle! Hustle! Member
    Hey does anyone have the Act names for each level? All five Zones plus Episode Metal.

I'm tagging the music that was ripped and I would like to put the Act names for each song.

10. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    The fast way is to go on youtube for each act, ast the zone subtitle appears on the very beggining! :)

11. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

In order SCZ > WPZ > ODZ > SFZ > DEZ > Metal:

A New Frontier
    Sunken Ruins
    Moonlit Realm
    Duelling Eggman's New Creation

Snow-Blind Wonderland
    Sonic Coaster Rails
    Labyrinth at Absolute Zero
    Metal Sonic Strikes

Through the Sandstorm
    Beneath the Sands
    A Crude Trap
    A Giant Born of Scrap Metal

The Tornado Takes Off!
    Infiltrating the Sky Fortress
    Mile High Mayhem
    Showdown in the Skies

A Duel with Metal Sonic
    The Beginning of the End

Metal Sonic Returns
    The Altar's Hidden Treasure
    Electric Road
    In Pursuit of Sonic...

12. Vinchenz

Vinchenz

Yo! Hustle! Hustle! Member
    I was about to do that...

But then this happened. :v: Thanks Blue Blood!

Listening over and over, I'm really liking the OST, a lot! The instruments aren't nearly as bad as Episode I's. A lot of the songs sound like intense shit is going down.

13. Arique

Arique

SHUWATCH! Member
    Yeah, for those wondering about that "To Be Continued" graphic that somebody allegedly found over on SSMB... Looks like I found a video proving that it exists.

Basically, I need to do more research before jumping to conclusions.
    EDIT:
    Also, I found this hack from the same user that made me laugh. Replace Metal Sonic's sprites in Episode Metal with Sonic's normal sprites and... Well... This happens:

14. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    I took Jace's MIDI and had a go at 16-bit-ifying it.

15. synchronizer

synchronizer

That still fix the track's extreme brevity, although it sounds better I think.

16. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    I prefer Jun's version all along!

This time my only problem with the OST was how short some songs were.

And the Special Stage song is great just need some better arrangement, plus some little changes.

17. synchronizer

synchronizer

It's really the repetitiveness of the songs that irk me, and this even plagues one of the best tracks in the game: Video below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ilDq3vvns3Y

From my comment:

"Each section of the song is literally looped twice. Case in point: 0:00 to 0:07 and 0:07 to 0:14 are identical. This occurs throughout the song. There are no note changes in each pattern, and this, I find, is repetitive. The least that could be done is changing one pitch at the end of each cycle, which would decrease the monotony. The problem is quite psychological: If nothing is growing or progressing throughout the? song, then it feels as if nothing is being accomplished."

18. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    So I gave playing the multiplayer a try... by myself. But the point was I wanted to see how Tails alone played. Actually, it wasn't that bad. Oddly in addition to Tails's tails damaging enemies in flight, his stomach does as well, so most enemies can still be attacked. Things like boss fights though can be more difficult though. In two player the screen stretches out to a certain point. If someone falls behind or gets caught behind an object and then becomes off camera or dies, the camera will pan onto the other one. So if you lose Sonic you can play as Tails alone. It's great because Tails can fly much longer solo then with Sonic. Things like the Metal Sonic race are much more difficult, but if you use combo moves it'll be ok. I really hope they add a switch button, Ken was mentioning how they might in the future but we'll see about that.

19. CrashSG32

CrashSG32

Australia
    Project Crash & Generations Hacking
    I can't wait for this to be released! I somehow missed the beta leak on steam :/
    Definitely a Day 1 purchase on PS3, iPod and iPad :)

Episode Metal sounds really interesting... good thing I have Ep 1 on all those consoles as well.

I actually loved episode 1, don't hate me for it, the physics and stuff didn't bother me much. Since they improved most or all of the problems from Ep 1 (which didn't bother me), I bet I'll really love Ep 2! :D

I'm so late to the party...lol

Yay for my first post!

20. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I believe according to Ken the iphone and ipad versions are now one in the same. So you'll get to save some money.