don't click here

Sonic 3 Complete

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Tiddles, Dec 25, 2009.

1. MastaSys

MastaSys

Amy was not new, the character itself actually pre-dates Tails, and Tails himself was designed by an artist from Sega Japan.
    Sonic CD, where Amy made her debut in the game universe, was re-released just now, a good chance to try it, don't let your opinion about the characters after-Adventure influence you, this game was made in the early 90s.
    My statement was with Sonic Advance in mind, but that's not important anyway, as it doesn't fit anywere near the objectives stated by the Author.

2. DM Ashura

DM Ashura

Oldbie
    Atlanta, GA
    Sonic Gemini
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBy_I14ZX8o&feature=related

Requesting this.

(Well, not the changing Knuckles's game --- just making it so those walls appear if you play as him. Maybe change the pattern a little bit so the balls are up in the air surrounding the eye more often to keep it somewhat challenging.)

3. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I approve of this motion. Brilliant idea for making the level playable as Knuckles.

4. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    That screws up the second part of the fight, with the platforms you can stand in getting through the walls...

5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Perhaps after the first part the walls can recede? Or you could add a Marble Garden Zone moving platform for Knuckles like in his act 1 boss.

6. dsrb

dsrb

I reckon that maybe the boss should be able to squash Knuckles against them. ;)

That would contribute to the task of implementing the obligatory heightened difficulty.

[edit] I mean from below, of course; that is, by pushing the platform up and thus sandwiching Knux between it and the bottom of the wall. This might be an unworkable and/or daft idea, though. [/edit]

7. DM Ashura

DM Ashura

Oldbie
    Atlanta, GA
    Sonic Gemini
    Actually, I think it works for the second part still. Makes it just a bit harder ... which is fine by me if you're managing to play as Knuckles in Death Egg Zone. ;)

8. AstroPenguin

AstroPenguin

True, I agree with ya there. I was just letting my imagination run wild for a bit, lol. However fun I think it would be... best let for a hack of her own. I'll try to keep my ideas in check with the original theme of the game.

9. AstroPenguin

AstroPenguin

I'm aware of Sonic CD (I just downloaded it last week), but I guess what I meant by that is not when the release was but WHO made it. Its just my personal opinion, but I think Sonic 2, 3, & Knuckles were the best Sonic games ever made. Those games were good because of Hirokazu Yasuara. SonicCD, Sonic Adventure etc. were creations of Naoto Oshima (disappointed with his games)

This is just my opinion and I realize that my idea for Bunnie is just a pipe dream that doesn't really relate to the original Sonic 3, so I'll drop that suggestion.

Man I wonder what Yasuara could have came up with next. If he had more creative control than Naoto with Sonic, we wouldn't have to spend our time perfecting Sonic 3. Which is still fun to do :)

10. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

You can't use Amy, what will I have left for a Sonic 3 project? :v:

I get the idea Bunnie would be complex to put in anyway, at least using her at her full potential. Look at her planned moveset in Sonic Mars for example. *gulp*

I'm not sure there are really any character additions that could be seen as 'What could have been' in Sonic 3, unless there are some unused badniks and whatnot. I suppose Mighty and Ray predate Sonic 3 if you want to stretch it.

11. dsrb

dsrb

So, playable Mecha Sonic is a no? :v: Whilst I was mainly joking and not expecting anything, it's still epic in my imagination.

Speaking of Amy in Sonic 3, I wonder how Hayate is getting on with Sonic 3 Customisable. (I'd post the vid of the somewhat epic new HCZ boss, but it's well hidden and I cba finding it.)

12. MastaSys

MastaSys

Oh sorry then, the way you worded made me think otherwise, Amy is easy to miss in the Classic era, after all CD was the only "main/proper" classic game she appears in, the rest was spin-offs and alternative media.

---

Now more related, btw, consider this a kinda shameful not too important suggestion, but I guess it isn't any problem just voicing it.
    It would be possible to make Dr. Eggman's shades light blue, like Sonic 1?
    I supposed they changed to help blurry the differences with the USA's made Dr. Robotnik(s).

Generations made use of those more and good old 90's Ivo in movement kinda made me like those.

Now that I think about it, it really doesn't matter much, but hey if you feel it would be more "true" to an original vision...

13. dsrb

dsrb

Except they weren't like that in the original Sonic 3 (alone). That's only a step or two away from requesting the S1 sprites for Sonic.

14. MastaSys

MastaSys

[​IMG]
    Well it's like that on Sonic 3 (& Knuckles) art, if that counts for something.

15. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I bet the only reason why Eggman's glasses were black is because of palette limitations. Other characters/super forms would make the eyes different colors since his glasses shared the same blue color as Sonic's skin. After Sonic 2, when Super Sonic was introduced, they changed his eyes to black so this wouldn't happen.

16. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    Pretty sure that's a dead project, as he's stopped Genesis work altogether and moved on to other things in life.

17. dsrb

dsrb

Ah, OK. I recall his sig saying he's too busy to answer questions on hacking, but didn't realise he'd stopped altogether. All the best with whatever's next then, I guess!

18. Hayate

Hayate

Tech Member
    Slightly off topic, but that's correct, I haven't been doing any Genesis hacking at all since the 1.2.1 (2010-06-12) release.

I still intend to return at some point, once life settles down a bit, and if/when I do I imagine I'll be concentrating on Amy's gameplay rather than miscellaneous features, since S3 Complete handles those excellently already.

Nice work with the game select screen, Tiddles! I look forward to seeing what's new in the next release. I haven't played any version of S3&K in a while, so I can have some nostalgic moments then :)

(Edited because I somehow forgot to finish the last sentence. I'm tired.)

19. dsrb

dsrb

Awesome, if what you did so far is anything to go by. :)

20. Tiddles

Tiddles

Diamond Dust Tech Member
    Leicester, England
    Get in an accident and wake up in 1973
    Cheers. Nice to hear from you again. :)
    Good luck in the real world - I hope you do indeed have a chance to carry on the Amy work some day!