don't click here

Sega Pico/Beena Thread.

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by Kiddo Cabbusses, May 9, 2010.

2. ssj

ssj

@ Barry the Nomad : You could probably provide some scans of the boxart and storyware for segaretro. Scans for the US games are still lacking.
    Also could you share where do you buy Pico games cheap? I'd be interested on buying some myself.

On another note, could someone please reupload the pack that was on mega from the last page Post #194, since it's no longer available.

Thanks

3. I'll ask Team-Europe about it later if no one else can help.

In the meantime...

I wonder what's different between "Revisions" of Sonic's Gameworld?

4. ssj

ssj

Thanks, appreciate it.

5. ssj

ssj

I bought all the remaining US games that are still missing booklet scans so once I receive them I can scan them all and submit to segaretro if there's interest.
    Will also be sending my Musical Zoo cart to Team Europe to verify that one of the current proto dumps does match the retail release.

6. Oh, thanks for bumping this. Reminded me to put some of the new posts up.

7. Scarred Sun

Scarred Sun

Be who you needed when you were younger Administrator
    Tower 8 ️
    Welp, this.
    I'm struggling with language to use around Sawatte Pico--would it be considered a toy with cartridges, a game system (but obviously not a video game), etc.? Are they cartridges or interactive books? They don't really fit the standard idea of what a cartridge form factor would be.

8. @ScarredSun - It sounds very odd, but by looking at it for a while, I would consider it to be a toy with cartridges that go along side their respective interactive books. I wouldn't call it a gaming "system", due to the fact that a video game system takes data from the games cd/cartridge and processes it to display an image, which this does not do.

9. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    I'd say toy. And even if it's not a toy, I'm guessing it was built by the division that became Sega Toys so had it been released ten years later, it would have been classed as one.

It's similar in a sense to the Homestar range of indoor planetariums. They technically have removable media too, but they're purely visual, as opposed to here where it's purely interactive.

11. Scarred Sun

Scarred Sun

Be who you needed when you were younger Administrator
    Tower 8 ️
    Welp, this.
    Requesting that same pack from #194.

12. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    I noticed Team Europe have/had a Pri Fun (the printer for the Pico (and Saturn)). I ran into some photos they put up in 2012, but some of the links have started to die and scans would be better.

Do we have scans? Or I guess more specifically, does SS have scans, because it would be silly for Sega Retro to request things and be delivered them twice.

13. Meat Miracle

Meat Miracle

Researcher
    Oh, this is incredibly useful. One of the problems I have keeping track of these releases is that they are so randomly named and often they include fills for older dumps.
    One big problem though - the folder naming scheme was changed around, so I can't use this to fill in whatever I'm missing, or even check what I'm missing. So you'd definitely need something like a DAT file (and possibly, torrentzipped archives) of this pack.

14. I will try to help with the naming scheme if that helps.

Do mind, some of the books may have multiple ROMs associated with them since Sega Pico did do ROM revisions and whatnot.

Also, since this was posted from the No-Intro boards, it most likely uses the most current No-Intro naming scheme.

16. BTW, on a random note:

Did anyone else ever analyze these properly...?

19. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Nice work by everyone involved.

How many more Pico games realistically are left?