don't click here

Sega of Europe officially confirmed to be at E3 2016

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by Light Guardian, Feb 27, 2016.

1. Light Guardian

Light Guardian

Recently, about 21 hours prior to this post, the official E3 2016 website was updated. A list of all companies currently planned to attend is now available. As you can tell by the title of the thread, Sega of Europe is on this list.

Now, I wouldn't have brought this up if that was all the info I could gather from this update. As it so happens, you can click the individual companies to bring up a page about them. Most of the ones I tried simply gave a page with a link to the company's official website. Sega of Europe's page does include such a link, but it also has general details about the company and a rather interesting bit of text.

Said text reads "Product Categories (1)" and clicking the text reveals a bullet point (if not already showing) with "Strategy > PC/Windows" listed. This could mean next to nothing or could be evidence that Sega was serious about focusing more on the PC market.

Discuss what you hope to see from Sega of Europe at E3 this year and what this PC strategy might be. Also what implications do you believe this PC strategy could have for us consumers, for Sega, and for general future game releases by Sega.

[​IMG]

2. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    So I guess you haven't paid much attention to what SEGA Europe has been doing for the past few years? :v:

Not sure why we really need a topic about this though, there's not much to discuss at this point.

3. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Seeing ANYTHING from Sega Europe right now would be nice. HINT HINT SOE. USA branch has a TON of games that will sell over here.

4. Light Guardian

Light Guardian

I'm aware Sega of Europe is more PC-centered than most of the other branches. It's more the fact that they are the single branch from Sega chosen to attend and that PC is the only revealed strategy.

5. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Well, first off that's not true cause Atlus is also attending, which is technically SEGA America at this point seeing how they share the same office and seem to help out SEGA with localizing/PR. But also this isn't the full list of companies attending. It'll be updated as E3 comes closer.

6. Retroman

Retroman

I hope it's the next Sonic Anniversary game announcement

I'm guessing for their past successful console-exclusive games, they will release a remastered version of it on PC, hopefully a remake.

7. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Nah, Sega barely ever actually announces games at E3. Sonic games in particular are usually announced between March and May. They're usually mainly there to showcase the games they already announced.

Which is why I don't think a topic for this is really necessary so long before E3 will actually start. There's not really anything to discuss until E3 actually begins.