don't click here

PSA: Sonic 3's 20th Anniversary is 2/2/14

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Jason, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Nova

Nova

Totally missed it on the day but you can bet I'll be doing a run-through of it either tonight or tomorrow - now whether I do Sonic 3 or S3&K is a different story. I'm kind of leaning towards the solo game as I really don't play it that much anymore and it does have some nice touches that are either different or not present in the complete version. :v:

2. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    I loved this game and is my overall favorite but it opened a can of worms that have become for multiple Sonic theme songs (spin ball doesn't count as the real theme was intended).

3. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    I recorded my run through vanilla Sonic 3. I've been playing this game most of my life (I would play through it on a regular basis during a particular college course that didn't require my full attention) and I've never watched myself play it. It's interesting. I'm not bad, but I'm nothing to shake a stick at either XD To save you the effort, I clocked in at around 1:20 with 7 Chaos Emeralds.

4. Epsilonsama

Epsilonsama

THE FASTEST TAPE ALIVE! Member
    Earth
    20 years of Sonic 3, damn I most be getting old. I remember renting that game when it was new and seeing all the save files in it. I remember trying the Sonic 3 level select code but never being able to do it back then. That game was so different from Sonic 2 it felt more real and less surreal. Sonic 3 combined with & Knuckles is one of the best Sonic experiences ever and it was great growing up in a time there were new.

5. NioZero

NioZero

ConcepciĆ³n, Chile
    Tornado Sky Fighters
    I still have my Genesis with Sonic 3 and all the other sonic games (they are the only games that I keep). My favourite is Sonic 2 although Sonic 3 is really fun. I enjoy a lot playing both of them.

6. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    20 years of the greatest video game of all time. I feel privileged to have lived throughout this game's lifespan... and to have had it as part of my childhood.

Here's to begging Taxman to give us an iOS remake.

7. Knucklez

Knucklez

I love 2B 'n' ass. Member
    My grandpa gave me Sonic & Knuckles Collection for my birthday back in 2001. Best gift I ever got and THE BEST SONIC GAME EVER.

This is a picture of me from 2001, I was in first grade, and from what the camera could make out... I was snowboarding down the mountain in Ice Cap. Memories...

[​IMG]

8. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Only memory I have of Sonic 3 in my childhood is of the other kids not letting me play at the daycare. Delicious memories.

9. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    Ah the very first half of my favorite Sonic game is 20... I remember seeing the commercials for this game on MTV. (My dad and I would watch music videos when I was a kid and he even recorded a few videos on tape. I remember begging him to record a Sonic commercial, which if memory serves me correct was Sonic 3's commercial. He didn't though... >_>) Next to Sonic CD, S3K is my favorite game in the series and it wouldn't be complete without Sonic 3 of course. :v: Still there are a few songs that are rather horrible but are fine when the game is locked on to S&K. I didn't get this game until I was 9, and both my grandma and uncle ended up getting me a copy of the game. (Of course I only got to keep one though. xD)