don't click here

Project Needlemouse: old threads

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Aquaslash, Sep 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I hope this game is going to be for the Wii. Maybe Nintendo Power will cover it soon.

2. Kyuu

Kyuu

Memory Access Violation Member
    Holy crap, finally (hopefully) some info on this game. Now if only I could wait a month :v:

Seriously though, it would be awesome if Sega decided to give out more info before Christmas or something. They're still damn good at generating hype.

3. At long last...NEWS IS IMMINENT.

Took them long enough...

4. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    Don't you think that, if it was that easy this time, someone woulda already gone and done that?

5. Well SEGA has been very cautious with that Project Needlemouse link...says it was last edited on the 10th.

They also keep taking it off the site, presumably when they are messing with it, and don't want something to accidentally get out.

6. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

I've been watching it and nothing. :\

7. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Couldn't resist. :specialed:

I hate waiting for something. What I hate even more is waiting for something and knowing when it'll come. But this is still (hopefully) great news.

8. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    At least we know we'll be getting info some time soon, it's bee forever since it was announced and I'd like to see something. Hopefully at the very least they'll have a small article with screens and info in it, though, I'd really like it to be the cover page with 2 or so pages dedicated to it though.

9. synchronizer

synchronizer

Oh boy almost time for new information. Although... the return of the king? Oh gosh... I wonder what that means. Hopefully it's another "return to roots" claim and not something gimmicky.

10. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    It's just hype building dialog used to make sure you guys buy the next magazine. I wouldn't look into it too much.

11. Blue Emerald

Blue Emerald

Teleportation, yeah! Member
    TBD
    I don't think they're going to be that sneaky. There's fine print like that on the bottom of most of the pages, and aside from the Needlemouse statement, none of those other statements say anything about what might be in the next issue.

12. NintendoBrad

NintendoBrad

If this means we'll finally learn what this game is all about (over 3 months after it was announced, no less), then that's fantastic. Although maybe there's a possibility it'll be unveiled elsewhere before the issue hits. When is the issue supposed to be released?

13. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    ABOUT FUCKING TIME. I'm greatly anticipating this, good to see we're finally getting some info!

So does anyone think this will be a retail title, or downloadable?

14. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Until I see the article itself, I don't think I'm going to let myself be hyped; it's unlikely, but they could just talk about the released trailer and offer nothing new.

I'd love a retail release.

I say if it takes a Mega Man 9/10 style graphic approach (Genesis-look, I don't believe this would happen), we'd see a downloadable.

If it's the modern-day 2-D look (Rush or that sort), perhaps a retail release.

15. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    I'm hoping that it's a retail game, but SEGA said they were marketing this towards people who played Megaman 9 and Bionic Commando: Rearmed, so it's probably going to be downloadable.

16. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    I think it has the potential to really shine as a downloadable title, too. If you really take a step back and look at the recent Sonic games (or most Sonic Team games in general), they never really moved beyond the concept of a "two hour game". Maybe I mentioned this earlier in the thread, I dunno.

More than a lack of polish, what's the next biggest problem in Sonic Team games? Padding. All the stories, all the side missions, all the extra playable characters... they all exist to stretch the length of the game out.

The original NiGHTS on Saturn was a two hour game. Journey of Dreams is basically the same game, but padded out to be six or eight hours. Sonic Unleashed, if you subtract all the time-wasting nonsense, is a two hour game. Most Sonic Team games, if you subtract all the time-wasting nonsense, are two hour games.

This is most likely because these games have to sell at retail. Heck, there were even stories back when NiGHTS on the Saturn came out, that people would return the game the next day, because they took it home and basically beat it in a single sitting.

Downloadable games, on the other hand, aren't required to be eight hours long. They can be, mind you, but there's still room for games that are smaller in scale and smaller in scope. A downloadable game would allow Sonic Team to make a two hour game again.

I'm really interested to see if this theory of mine is correct.

17. OSM

OSM

Doing absolutely nothing
    I'm gonna go with the HD artwork theory Tweaker had on this awhile back. It makes the most sense to me, I can't see them using full out 3D like Unleashed unless they were going for a retail release. I said awhile back I was expecting level designs similar to Sonic 2, that still holds firm.

I think SEGA would be better off going the downloadable title route with this one as well. Seeing fantastic games like the Rebirth titles on WiiWare and Mega Man 9, these retro revivals truly flourish outside of retail.

18. NintendoBrad

NintendoBrad

Any chance this could show up at the VGA's tonight? Megaman 10 might be there, so a (assumable) retro-styled, downloadable game such as this isn't impossible to show up.

I mean, a lot of people will probably tune in. The timing's right to finally show it off.

19. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    You know, seeing the FTP disappear and reappear constantly lately, and the announcement of more info about PNM in the Xbox Magazine, that isn't a bad idea. I'm definitely going to watch for it.

Keep your fingers crossed, guys.

20. OSM

OSM

Doing absolutely nothing
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.