don't click here

Project AXSX (2013 and Beyond)

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Andrew75, Apr 25, 2013.

Are you interested in playing project AXSX?

1. YES, count me in, I would love to play this game.

261 vote(s)
    84.2%
  2. I may play the game, (not sure how I feel about it yet.)

43 vote(s)
    13.9%
  3. Nope! Game looks like shit. I love only modern HD games.

7 vote(s)
    2.3%
  1. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Project AXSX(Sonic Xtreme) + Misc Projects
    Thanks I really appreciate it !
    Things are speeding along right now. over 10 levels from the new leak have been made fully playable within UDK in the past few days.

2. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Looks like AXSX is getting some Attention boosts on IGN.com comments section thanks to JollyRogers Sonic X-treme port making the news.
    While many opinions may be bashing the original xtreme, Which is a downer because many of them don't understand that it was a very early build of the game.
    I see some positive ones related to AXSX which makes me feel pretty good.

Anyhow here is the link and a screen cap or 2 for preservation reasons.
    Perhaps one day Project AXSX Can get its own article on IGN instead of just in the comments section. ( highly doubtful but yeah one can dream right?)
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/25/fans-revive-cancelled-sonic-game-after-18-years-2

[​IMG]

3. Lilly

Lilly

United States
    Shang Mu Architect
    JollyRoger's work, combined with this, finally makes sense of Sonic X-treme's game play format and level structure for me. (It always pissed me off because my brain couldn't "get it". I knew all the maps couldn't be perfectly circular mini-planets.) Having played a smidgin of this same stage in the real prototype, in its pre-fish-eye stages, I can see that X-treme was a 2.5D platformer with a warped perspective so you can actually see ahead or behind yourself x-tremely well. *bricked*

It still mesmerizes me from how unique and ahead of its time it looks, and I still have yet to see another platformer address common camera issues in the way Sonic X-treme did. Because of that, I'm looking forward to seeing AXSX finished more so than I did before.

4. Atendega

Atendega

Lesser Sea Sponge Member
    Comfy couch
    Collecting insults
    You SHOULD feel good. Every single video you put out of AXSX makes me want it even more! :specialed:
    Perhaps you could take advantage of this spike in interest by releasing another demo?
    I just can't wait to get my hands on this thing. Its exactly what I would have pictured a complete version of Sonic X-treme to look like. When I saw Playground of Ideas! Volume 002 I just about overflowed with hype. Everything looks incredibly solid and I'm psyched that Chris Senn is contributing. I'll always think of this as the true X-treme.

5. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Fanfare in the unlikeliest of places. thx DerZocker
    https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAACXVHhg4Wi3bg

6. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    del

Last edited: Jan 8, 2022
  7. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    del

8. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    Continuously running around in that loop looks like so much fun to pull off. :D The rebuilt spaceship level looks neat as well, I hope to see some footage of it sometime soon!

9. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Seriously, still probably the most gorgeous never officially seen before artwork of X-Treme. Can't wait to see it in action!

10. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Quick Fun Fact: AXSX may be the only place to play the spaceship level, since its not supported in the leaked engine JollyRoger has since v001 is not a supported .def file format.
    But it could be rebuilt from scratch in the newer v037 .def format. haha

11. synchronizer

synchronizer

Regardless of whether that area is for a camera test, it looks interesting towards the top (with the bright streaks of lines).

Also, I sincerely apologize if this seems rude of the internet, but why do you spell "through" that way?

12. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    del

13. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    isn't the one in front of sonic a Chaos ring from Chaotix?

14. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Interesting! The one on the far left is definitely the best, and the one in front of Sonic's face is the worst... it looks like it's made of cheese :P

15. winterhell

winterhell

Hint : Sonic 2 XL-Trim

16. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    The ring on the far right is quite interesting as it rotates in a vertical fashion, as opposed to a horizontal fashion. I don't think that ring rotation design has ever been used in the series-mainstream, handheld, or otherwise. Heck, I don't think any fangames or hacks I've seen or played had rings move in that fashion either!

17. I have to say that I agree with TheKazeBlade, the far left Ring looks the best. It's the only one with a nice metallic shine to it. All of the other ones look too brightly colored, and the one directly in front of Sonic's face looks... Well, it makes me think of those weird-shaped Cheetos.

18. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    That far left ring has been my favorite for years now, and that's comparing to any Sonic game out there.

19. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    New Monitor textures....
    [​IMG]

And the older ones...
    [​IMG]

And the even older placeholder textures on the left.
    [​IMG]

20. Really liking the look of this. Much more smoother.