don't click here

Project AXSX (2013 and Beyond)

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Andrew75, Apr 25, 2013.

Are you interested in playing project AXSX?

1. YES, count me in, I would love to play this game.

261 vote(s)
    84.2%
  2. I may play the game, (not sure how I feel about it yet.)

43 vote(s)
    13.9%
  3. Nope! Game looks like shit. I love only modern HD games.

7 vote(s)
    2.3%
  1. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    Holy crap - that's an absolute ton of new pics and info there, Andrew - and all of it's looking amazing! My excitement for this project is reaching a fever pitch right about now.

I particularly like the underwater ripple effect in the first of the new images, though I was also incredibly excited to see the .GIF of the level building in action. When AXSX is finished and released, is there any chance the level builder tool will be made public so we can create and share our own AXSX levels? Apologies if this has been answered before.

2. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Project AXSX(Sonic Xtreme) + Misc Projects
    The builder is built into udk so it's available, but im not sure if I'll release the building assets. We'll See.

3. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Test: World rotations enabled and spinning room model with a maze of static large and small star bumpers.... Sonic needs to fight his way to the end in this multi gravity puzzle! ( Now if we can only work the bugs out of Sonic's animation system when world is rotated when hitting star bumpers :( ) Bug related to collision issues making Sonic believe he has touched ground sending him into random run animation cycle)
    [​IMG]

4. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Hey Guys ! So yeah, I wanted to do this before the idea left my mind, Just messing around with some gameplay ideas for Original levels. I gots this one idea for a level called Dark Falls Zone. I'm just starting to block her out. So these aren't the real level Aesthetics. So NO break neck rollercoaster slopes or anything like that yet, or textures..... Only thing that is basically final is that dark foggy background you can all see.

Anyhow What I'm showing here is a 3 way level split idea.
    Here is how it works:
    Skilled players will be able to jump across the gap for the entrance to the most difficult but quickest route to the goal.
    Now than, If you come close to making the jump, but cant quite make it, than YOU are in luck. because! ! ! Guess what?! There is a second path to take featuring medium difficulty. (YAY) However you will have an option to climb back out and take the first route if you so chose. If you miss the first 2 areas,Than sit back and relax on the scenic route, Because you really suck at games!!
    If you lose your shield early on, than your Speed run will be canceled, End of story! !

Other points of interest: The light near the beginning of the video is real-time, We plan to light Sonic and other sprite objects( like badniks) in future updates.

The song playing was something that I was Randomly listening to while playing,
    Its Hatsune Miku & Vocaloid version of Taishi & kato.yoshihal, But All digital voice , pretty cool when computers can sing huh ? Wait there is no singing you say ?
    Well look the song up and you'll see! Oh wait, Here, But its not the Vocaloid version, oops...
    http://youtu.be/q1xCPSoHkGA

Tomorrow back to work on the Original STI levels!

http://youtu.be/pawNmPAchg4

5. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Love the concept, and you couldn't have chosen a better track to match it! Love the idea of implementing the players understanding of Sonic physics into level design in that regard. Looking forward to seeing that level expanded upon :)

6. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Maybe someday we can see some Miku Miku Dance technology (Vocaloid) incorporated into a Sonic game for its soundtrack, and hell maybe even speech for the characters!

7. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

Honestly surprised it hasn't happened yet, at the very least as Easter Eggs in each others games since, y'know, Sega! Maybe one day!

8. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    del

Last edited: Jan 8, 2022
  9. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

Ooh! I would love to see a level expand upon that concept with obstacles and whatnot :D

10. Spinksy

Spinksy

UK
    The Dark Falls Zone looks interesting - I think in some areas some rings in mid air would make it a little easier to navigate where there might be paths in the distance, if that makes sense lol.

Still mega hyped for this!

11. It amazes me how well this project is going. I remember when I first came to the forums and saw the project "ASAX" and went "what the devil could this possibly be. A rebirth of the long lost Sonic X-Treme? Ok then. Good luck. Let's see how long a project like this going to last." And it has. You are doing one hell of a job Andrew75. Your dedication is astounding. Keep it up.

12. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    del

13. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    del

14. Billy

Billy

RIP Oderus Urungus Member
    Colorado, USA
    Indie games
    120 frames per second? That's way too high for Sega™ quality!

15. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    del

16. MotorRoach

MotorRoach

That's pretty good looking there, although I'm curious to know how you're supposed to get the rings in the top right of the gif.

17. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Rotate the level and you can walk upside down.

18. Spinksy

Spinksy

UK
    Nice!

19. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    Man, you've been extremely busy lately. So many updates in the past two weeks, damn. Some of the level design ideas look really cool.

20. RankoChan

RankoChan

I'm bored, k? Member
    Some random RPG project.
    I just wanted to chime in and say that your work and dedication for AXSX is amazing! It's almost surreal to think that not only will we soon be able to play one of the original game's builds, but also what the game's concept could've been had it reached it's full potential.