don't click here

General Project Screenshot/Video Thread

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Tweaker, Jun 26, 2008.

1. theocas

theocas

Tech Member
    I meant that he looks at you until you press any button.

2. Blanche Hodapp

Blanche Hodapp

*urp* Eternal Queen
    It's actually rather good! The tiles are the usual checkerboard, but you've actually done something interesting with your shading, though there's a couple of mirrored tiles where the shading's ended up reversed. You'll need to fix that, of course =P

Just remember to put some shadow under the grass =P

3. acidrainbows

acidrainbows

Sonic The Hedgehog 2: Spick-and-Span
    Oh, that's what he does. As long as your idle, and not pressing anything, he'll stare into your soul and wonder why you aren't moving him. But as soon as you press left, right, up, down, do a jump, or a spindash, he'll do the new animations for whatever you did. If you leave him idle long enough, and press nothing, he'll do his new waiting animation. Which is now the unused "falling asleep" animation scrapped from Sonic 3, just in a Sonic 2 style.

4. I thought some of you might find these sprites interesting (from my post at AtariAge):

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Just toying with the idea of a possible (big emphasis on possible) Sonic game for the Atari 2600. Do you guys think it would be worth the try?

5. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    I think an Atari 2600 Sonic game would be too restrictive to be any fun. Or rather, it would (at best) end up as a very average looking platformer. Those sprites look rather decent though.

Personally I'd rather see that NES Sonic game you're cooking up.

6. Impish

Impish

Dude, those sprites are Awesome! You should totally do it. I reckon you'd be able to make it work, might be a bit slow but it'd be sonic.

7. Yes! Sonic 2600! It would be awesome!

Although, I do have one request. Could you make the wheel-o-feet sprite look a bit more fluid? Looks jerky to me as of now.

8. Shoemanbundy

Shoemanbundy

Researcher
    Chicago, Illinois
    selling shoes
    Sounds neat, but if you're working on that NES game it's best you finish it first. Too many people give themselves more than one project and in the end neither ever is finished. EVER. Don't want to see that happen to your NES game, since I was really interested in seeing it!

9. Banoon

Banoon

yes Member
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Yeth (hack)
    Incredibly stupid, but I was bored:
    [​IMG]

I think I've been reading too much creepypasta.

10. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    Keep it Banoon, it fits Yeth perfectly. And Azu, I like both C and F but C fits better IMO.

11. Banoon

Banoon

yes Member
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Yeth (hack)
    ...Is Yeth so disturbing that a level made of decapitated heads and disjointed bodies bleeding on one another "fits it perfectly"? I'll take that a compliment, I guess.

12. GenesisFan64

GenesisFan64

The bright side of the dark side. Member
    [​IMG]

Planned character for my romhack.

13. Hanoch

Hanoch

Also known as TheKnock, Birashot Member
    Israel
    everything

He/She doesn't look anything like the one in your avatar. To me he/she looks like a skeleton with a chicken head.

14. GenesisFan64

GenesisFan64

The bright side of the dark side. Member
    [​IMG]
    See?
    VIC TOKAI made the character, not me.

XD

15. Hanoch

Hanoch

Also known as TheKnock, Birashot Member
    Israel
    everything
    Oh those were hands? Sorry they had a similiar colour to the tree.

16. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Maybe it's just me, but the character really blends in with the level. I'm sure in motion it's fine, but at first I actually had to look for the character. Just saying, haha.

EDIT: Derp this post. I came in thinking the screenshot on this page was the Project GenesisFan64 was working on, turns out it was on the last page. :psyduck:

17. You should replace Tails with the main character of High Seas Havoc, another Sonic the Hedgehog clone on the Genesis.

18. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    Well it was only a matter of time.

Nice stuff.

19. Eduardo Knuckles

Eduardo Knuckles

Not a loved one, but the most hated person. Banned
    Someplace somewhere
    Project S.A.M.G.
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahaha *laughing a lot*
    You're FANTASTIC, man! I never can think that the character of Socket/Time Dominator would be in Sonic. This is very nice, and as a suggestion you can use the Socket game's font for the hud of this character. I must say again: This is simple for my eyes, but fantastic. Great work, dude!

20. GT Koopa

GT Koopa

Elgin, IL
    Flicky Turncoat DX, T.L.W.S. Vs M.G.W.
    [​IMG]

Prepare to have this staring back at you as you play. In other news, I am reworking the chunks and layout of Ricky Illusion so it can flow better.