don't click here

General Character Art

Discussion in 'Sonic 2 HD (Archive)' started by Vincent, Apr 3, 2008.

1. SillyJonna

SillyJonna

rhymes with iguana Member
    Orlando, Florida
    Kickin' Rad!
    ....But someone else told me to make the eyes squintier. My old ones WERE rounder.

You guys are confusing me. I can't take suggestions that are conflicting with one another. :) I guess I just need to make my own decisions.

Besides, Knuckles is a very low priority at this point. I mainly just needed to get him out of my system. Let's set him aside for now, and when we come back to him later, the art style for this project should be set in stone. That'll make it easier to determine what changes need to be made.

2. Bibin

Bibin

DON'T LET THE SUN LAUGH AT YOU. Member
    New York City
    Ghost in the Machine
  3. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Thing is, after changing both the top and lower parts of his eye, the whole thing looked a bit too squinted.

4. Hivebrain

Hivebrain

Administrator
    53.4N, 1.5W
    Github
  5. SillyJonna

SillyJonna

Orlando, Florida
    Kickin' Rad!
    I didn't change the top part of his eye. That was an edit made by Wanderer of the Sky.

6. Vincent

Vincent

Sonic 2HD - Project Leader & Chara Member
    Sonic 2 HD
    We are having many different suggestions like with the two different Tails versions! :D
    (IceKnight anyone?:) )

However this time we already finished the "conceptual frame" tests as the project already started.

So before seeing a ver 1.3 of Knuckles, the highest priority at the moment is finishing EH badniks.
    Like Athelstone said I also think she has a really great shaping and shading ability. But what's best is the "compatibility" of our frame art.
    That means less clashing issues with our works, thus giving S2HD a faster and better progress.

7. SANiK

SANiK

Tech Member
  8. Nice, but didn't we decide on this face?

[​IMG]

9. OT but am I the only person that really hated Knuckles's S3 sprites? I didn't like that gloss look they gave the characters.

10. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I liked them. The smile was unnecessary, but they're 1000 times better than the Chaotix sprites.

I wonder what Knuckles would have looked like if initially created in Sonic 2 anyways.

11. Otama Sanshiro

Otama Sanshiro

~Phantom of Blue~ Member
  12. SillyJonna

SillyJonna

Orlando, Florida
    Kickin' Rad!
    I know that the feet are the main problem with Knuckles right now, and I will be addressing them at a later time. For now, I want to focus on badniks, starting with Coconuts (unless someone else is working on him already).

13. Vincent

Vincent

Sonic 2 HD
    Good, In the meantime I'll go on with the rest of rolling animation so we can have basic movements for the engine.

14. P.P.A.

P.P.A.

SONIC 2 SUCKS, SONIC CD FOREVER Member
    Germany
    Sonic MD (Currently: Art for Zone 3)
    I didn't check this thread in a while but oh god, that smile on Knuckles looks retarded. I much prefer it the way it was at the beginning. EDIT: Well, maybe a small smile would be col too. But this one is a little too extreme.
    (And what's the problem with his Chaotix sprites?)

15. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    <!--quoteo(post=192296:date=Apr 30 2008, 06:53 PM:name=Wanderer of the Sky)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wanderer of the Sky @ Apr 30 2008, 06:53 PM) [​IMG][/quote]
    Yes go with this one please.

16. That's the fault of Photoshop's rotating. He's just posting it as an example, geez.

17. Mad Echidna

Mad Echidna

Gone Oldbie
    WOw you guys, those sprites win so much. I want to jizz on your faces.

18. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Uh? Are you trying to defend him from criticism? That's what this whole thread is for! If I see something wrong, I'm going to state what it is; otherwise there will be terrible inconsistency in the frames, example or not.

19. Vincent

Vincent

Sonic 2 HD
  20. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!