don't click here

FUCK YOU IT'S CANCELLED

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaseman

Jaseman

The programmer has a nap! Hold out! Programmer! Member
    If this forum is expanding past just Sonic games, I'm up for this. Maybe now we can have a dedicated Shenmue section :v:
    And, perhaps, we can start hacking some of Sega's other games

This seems pretty great, actually!
    I'm really hoping this isn't just an april fools joke

Can we discuss Sonic though?

To summarize: I love the change! At first I was shocked and horrified, then 20 seconds later I loved the idea! Is it possible we could move the forum over to Sega Retro and just close down the SonicRetro site?

2. I think users wouldn't mind this change if they could still talk about Sonic.

I'm all for talking on other franchises, (even if I am not totally knowledgeable in them), but taking away Sega's flagship mascot from discussion seems WAY too harsh of a punishment for the antics of the Sonic 4 topic.

The easy solution here would be to start a new Sonic 4 topic. Send the old one to Archives or Trash, and make it so that there is NO DISCUSSION of Sonic 4 outside of the said one topic. It would be heavily moderated. No bullshit would take place in it, and if any is, the posts would be erased and said member(s) who partook in the discussion would be banned from the topic for a set number of days. That would straighten things out quickly.

Also note I said the TOPIC, not the FORUM.

The Sonic forum should still be allowed discussion. The old Sonic 4 Topic should NOT CONTINUE.

Thats my take on what should happen.

3. Tarheeltim

Tarheeltim

ahahahahahha

<!--quoteo(post=0:date=mar 25 2007, 10:23 AM:name=hxc)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hxc @ mar 25 2007, 10:23 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->april fools, unfortunatly.[/QUOTE]

4. Andlabs

Andlabs

「いっきまーす」 Wiki Sysop
    Writing my own MD/Genesis sound driver :D
    Everybody who's whining about the administration are severely missing a big picture: Sonic Retro does not aim to be a forum where anyone can talk about Sonic in whatever way they want. Rather, you guys are missing a few things.

"waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah green eyes" and "this is retarded" are NOT opinions. An opinion is a statement based around reason. You guys show no reason; instead you either follow with what the crowd says or whine because you wanted it to be "100% Classic Sonic," which despite being an acceptable logic course still does not give you the right to whine. "I don't like that Sonic has green eyes because green eyes implies modern Sonic, and I don't like that too much." is an opinion because you're not whining and you're making a logical statement with reason.

The point of the validation system is to avoid this forum turning into a board full of whiners and kids who don't know how to behave properly on a forum. If you take a look around you'll see that otherwise, Sonic Retro has had a lot of the discussion you can expect from other forums. If you don't like it this way, then leave. You have the right to leave on your own.

This is a system that has worked. It has worked since 2001, when Simon started this board, and it's working now. Let's keep it working for the future.

5. Glisp

Glisp

That one weird guy that does stuff. Member
    Bloomington, IN
    None at the moment I'm afraid.
    The pending approval has been around since the late days of the Simon Wai Sonic 2 Beta Site. It was made to keep the "TALS IS DA GARDEEAN OF DA MASTA EMERALLDS" noobs out of the boards. Also, the Pending membership inadvertently also keeps spambots out of the heart of the forums since pending members can only post in the validation forum. That's why you never see spambots on the boards. Because they can't post anywhere else except the Pending Membership boards. Then which after being identified as spambots, they get banned. Also there are a lot of idiots out there so Sonic Retro is weeding out the stupid to help the smart and at the same time, keeping spambots from fucking up the boards. It's a wonderful idea I think.

Also, the Admins made the rules so they are entitled to bend or break them even if it is morally wrong, they can and will do so if order in the boards can only be achieved by doing so. Moderators also have these same rights, though to a lesser extent. Fairness is is only given to those who deserve it and those of you who step out of line and act like elitist douche bags don't deserve the admins' fairness and regard to the rules. This same thing goes for me as well. I too must accept these consequences and I have a couple of times already so don't think I'm being a hypocrite.

6. Glisp

Glisp

Bloomington, IN
    We will see in 24 hours my naive bumpkin, we will see. In the mean time though, I think it would be wonderful to have a site fully dedicated to Sega rather than just one silly franchise that Sega has milked until it became as shriveled as a prune.

7. Think about it bud. Why would it happen on the day everyone would know it was a joke anyway. This day is all about jokes. Why didn't this happen yesterday or the day before. It's a joke. That's why. The Sonic 4 thread has always had people pissing and moaning about how his eyes aren't the right color, his fur isn't the right shade of blue, the game isn't being origninal...which it isn't in my opinion. All I'm saying is why would they make this happen on April Fools?

8. Metal Knuckles

Metal Knuckles

HAVE SOME FUN WITH MIKU Member
    New Hampshire, USA
    Shadow Alpha, an awesome hack of Sonic 1
    Can I just take a moment to let the retards who are acting retarded by believing all this crap is true realize that they are being retarded? Seriously? April Fools day? SS acting out of anger rather than logic? Tweaker acting out of logic rather than anger?

Good lord, I'm starting to get pissed at you guys getting pissed over your own gullibility. Learn to Sonic Retro.

Edit: Goddamn /v/ and their goddamn stickied babby thread!

9. Metal Knuckles

Metal Knuckles

HAVE SOME FUN WITH MIKU Member
    New Hampshire, USA
    Shadow Alpha, an awesome hack of Sonic 1
    I

YOU

GOD FUCKING FUCK

10. Glisp

Glisp

Bloomington, IN
    To catch us all off guard of course. I hope it is real so I can make fun of and get revenge on all the retards that were fucking things up in the Sonic 4 Thread. Also, I want to say "I told you so."

I know I'm being a bit harsh , but did you really think that your behavior wasn't going to have dire consequences?

11. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    Fair enough. If it's to eliminate the incessantly depressive time sink of speculation over this one part of a downloadable fuckin' game starring a mascot that's pulled in a million different directions while being milked to no end, then I'd consider it a benevolent favor. Good for you, Scarred Sun.

The rest of the forum is great, though. The resources, the research, the hacks, everything. A little attitude adjustment here and a bit of diversifying there, and Sega Retro is starting to sound really, really good. Maybe this'll be a first step to getting SEGA to realize people can passionately appreciate more about them than just Sonic all the goddamn time. I wanna see him do better, but enough is enough. I love homemade pizza, but I can't eat more than 4 slices without regretting it.

So, yeah. I'm all for Sega Retro and shutting down Sonic 4 discussion indefinitely.

12. I think the above picture sums everything up quite nicely.

I just hope Sega Retro has a Sonic forum. Expansion is great and everything, but I'd hate to ditch the roots of this site entirely.

13. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Damn. Couldn't you have just thrown out the Sonic 4 thread and started over and continue to ban fucktards who argue over eyelids?

I'm not sure exactly how to think of this. I came here for Sonic, not necessarily for Sega. I mean, sure, I like Sega beyond Sonic but not enough to talk about like I do with Sonic stuff. I liked how the Sonic 4 thread, despite it's annoyances, was always the best place to get new information on the game, and that goes for every other Sonic game in recent memory as well. Sure the people made me want to rage but this place was great for new info, like those leaks and stuff. Most other Sonic sites suck because of the fact that none of them get any info quick enough. But you know I suppose in the end it hardly matters. At the end of the day I still have my opinions on current Sonic game, despite what other people here might say, and honestly who gives a fuck if I see some leaked videos? There's always other sources of information that get new info. Perhaps I care about this franchise too much for my own good, and maybe this site becoming Sega Retro and getting rid of Sonic discussion is a good thing. I'll admit, beyond the information I discover about this stuff, the discussion about the information sucks dick.

So best of luck with Sega Retro then. If I was in your position I'd have probably done something similar as I agree, the Sonic 4 thread was getting annoying. I'll sign up at Sega Retro, and maybe this will finally be the time where I can stop coming to this site all the time.

Quick question though. Is Sonic discussion banned forever? If there is info on a new game can we still make a topic about it as long as we aren't idiots? If no, well then it makes total sense to me.

14. Glisp

Glisp

Bloomington, IN
    Shouldn't we hold off joining Sega Retro until it merges with the wiki? If that's the plan anyways that is.

15. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    For fucks sakes, holy shit if this thread turns into shit again I'm going to suspend all of you who act retarded an encourage this shit.

16. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    KKM's THEORY OF HOW TO MAKE AN APRIL'S FOOLS PRANK

1- DECIDE TO UNVEIL THE PROJECT YOU HAD BEEN WORKING ON FOR SOME TIME (SEGARETRO) ON 1ST OF APRIL
    2- JOIN IN A FAKE RULE ABOUT FORBIDDING SONIC DISCUSSION IN IT, SO THE IDIOTS ARE SCARED ENOUGH TO LEARN TO ACT
    3- SegaRetro actually looks like a good future, but I want Rusted Copper as a skin.

17. Epsilonsama

Epsilonsama

THE FASTEST TAPE ALIVE! Member
    Earth
    Let me give you an advice kid, don't be to anal retentive. I have seen time and time again people like you complaining how everything is so unfair or how are they treated like they are worth shit. Let me tell ya something, you ARE worth shit. In fact most of us, including yours truly are worth shit. don't act like you deserve something from the staff, when in fact you don't deserve anything. Is their website and as such this is private property, and they have the right to do the fuck they want. In the staff defense, this website is by far one of the best moderated forums concerning Sonic. If you have been to other Sonic groups you would have realized the levels of Drama bullshit is of the charts. You gotta thank the "Big Mean" staff that this place doesn't have as much drama.

In conclusion, don't take the internet seriously, you have real life for that. Just enjoy the ride, respect others but don't think it to much. And if someone is being an ass tell him what you think but GOD don't make a fucking Soap Opera out of it. Cheers! :)

EDIT: Only time Im going to post shit like this in this thread, if a mod doesn't like they are free to remove it.

18. AamirM

AamirM

Tech Member
    I approve of Sega Retro.

[​IMG]

19. Shade

Shade

I feel like with this, the last remnants of SWS2B/S2B/Retro are pretty much gone to the wind, and for some pretty retarded reasons at that.

I could delve into a whole number of points, to that effect, but I think I'll just leave it at "That's pretty gay, dude" and quietly take my leave. Nostalgia only goes so far, after all; as this wonderful userbase has plainly shown us. I haven't felt compelled to be a particularly involved or productive member in years. I'm largely indifferent to all this, but now seems as good a time as any, so.

Have fun lads.

+ - back to afternet, guys  

+ - APRIL FOOLS!  

20. DimensionWarped

DimensionWarped

Erinaceous! Oldbie
    Strictly technically speaking here, "this is retarded" is an opinion. I mean sure, you can make up a new definition of opinion and try to say people should live by those noble standards, but Webster won't adjust to fit. Even if that were the definition of opinion, "this is retarded" might still be one since people generally have reasons for their thoughts even if they don't explicitly say them or even know what they are. Now, 'waaaaaaaaah green eyes' I'll agree isn't an opinion. It's more like a whiny sentence fragment that doesn't express a complete idea.

If you want to argue the case for some opinions being worthless and shitty, I'm all with you there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.