don't click here

FUCK YOU IT'S CANCELLED

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stormislandgal

stormislandgal

It's not a phase! Tech Member
    Married life <3
    Hmm, I saw the rumblings for this coming from two or three months ago. As soon as Sonic 4 was announced and all of the idiots started arriving in droves, really.

2. Quarterman

Quarterman

Just another day in paradise. Member
    Guys, Sega Retro is not a joke. It's just a different site. I have it in a different window, and am signed up as well. It also appears that they've been working on this thing for a while, since some of the pages are timestamped from February. I expect that Sonic Retro will still exist, but it's simply a part of the Retro brand, not the whole thing.

3. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    Even though this is an April Fool's joke, I sort of approve of the idea.

4. Glisp

Glisp

That one weird guy that does stuff. Member
    Bloomington, IN
    None at the moment I'm afraid.
    Speaking of which, perhaps I should check out the game's sprite tile data for any remnants of Jurassic Park Rampage Edition in the rom. (I have a theory that Vectorman was built off the Jurassic Park Rampage Edition game engine because the games seem somewhat similar in terms of physics and what no. I need proof for the theory though and the art data is the best place to start IMO.)

Edit: Also, sigh.... I don't think this is an April Fools joke. It's to well played out to be fake. If it were then it would be a waste of server space to do something like this only to abandon the site there after.

5. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    This may be an April Fools prank to some degree, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if a "SEGA Retro" 'spin-off' site is actually being made, and this is its wacky introduction.

:psyduck:

6. The Shad

The Shad

↑ & ↓ & ↻ Oldbie
    This is fantastic. I think it'll be great to really expand our abilities into other games and learn more and be able to actually create more than just what have for Sonic Games.

Now can we get some Alex Kidd up in this bitch?

7. Epsilonsama

Epsilonsama

THE FASTEST TAPE ALIVE! Member
    Earth
    Oh well, Sonic is getting shit on to much. I agree with Scarred Sun that this place needs a chemo, and what better way to cure the cancer that is the Sonic Community in Sonic Retro by removing Sonic out of it. I for one welcome this bold change in direction. Cheers to the now Sega Retro staff and good luck.

8. Quarterman

Quarterman

Here. No joke. It exists. I promise. This denial is getting old.
    Sega Retro

9. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    Thanks for misreading. I never denied it's existence.

10. Quarterman

Quarterman

My apologies. It wasn't my intention to single you out, but I was simply attempting to quash any further "it must be a joke" statements. In hindsight, I certainly should have chosen a better quote.

*sigh* Nice going, Q. you really stepped in it this time. :flunked:

11. Quexinos

Quexinos

Since 1997 Oldbie
    Sounds good, I approve of these changes.

12. Flygon

Flygon

Finally, an event happening on April Fools that actually makes sense. Thank you.

13. Impish

Impish

If this is becoming a network of retro sites, I want a board for cartoon discussion. Theirs a lot of us who are interested in things other than games that shouldn't be confined to one board.
    Heres a call for Toon Retro!

All protests aside this is either a joke, or a side project, as you guys wouldn't let sonic go completely.

14. The Game Collector

The Game Collector

Washington State, USA
    Being Ted Narcotic's bass player; working on Kelly Kristjanson's tape archive; collecting video games
    The main reason I come to this site besides interacting with those who are interested in the same subjects is to download and play everyone's hacks. As long as all the hacks continue to be hosted here, worked on, and shared it would be great being able to see expanded data about other Sega games.

The good thing I see is that people may become interested in learning to hack other games. Phantasy Star V, X-Men 3, Vectorman 3, and Ristar 2 anyone?

15. Iceguy

Iceguy

グー! Member
    Hell. It's in my head.
    Internal system recovery
    I lol'd. :v:

But I'll miss all the drama about eyelids and green eyes. -slapped-

On a more serious note however, I'm looking forward for the change, geko. It's definately gonna be heaps interesting and stuff. owo

16. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    Hey, is this that secret thing you guys were planning? You know, the Next Big Thing? You know, I expected Soviet Retro or something, but to nuke the Sonic from Retro? Oh wow, this is certainly something.

In any case, it's about time for a Sega wiki. There has been a large influx of SEGA content that's been overflowing stuff and this certainly does the job. I'll look at more of this later, the school blocked both Sonic Retro's front page and the wiki but not the forums.

By the way, I have green eyes too. :)

17. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r

PsychedelAnt | Tone Turner Oldbie
    Birmingham, UK
    30 Day Project: Revisited.A New Release!
    I love the fact there's uncertainty in this post. =P

18. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    I come back from getting fired to this shit?

I knew I should have joined the secret AIM chat groups conferences.

I should suspend anyone who post below me.

19. Shade

Shade

Says something about this place when I honestly cannot fathom whether this is April fools or for real.

20. Impish

Impish

Looky what I found when I was mucking around with sega retro's settings
    [​IMG]
    Seems like this had been planned for a while, methinks. Retro staff you are a wily group ;D.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.