don't click here

"Dust Hill" meaning researched

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Sonic Hachelle-Bee, Sep 8, 2004.

1. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    ...I already got some neat info from him (and other people) in the past months, just be patient will ya?

2. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    Well what did I tell you? ICEKnight is the contacting king... or something *runs*

3. Wetflame

Wetflame

:D Banned
    And why should you get all the cool stuff, oh incredible master of talking to people =P

I think it's fairly open game, especially since Brenda gave me his email =P

4. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    Who said it was a competition? I mean it is better if only one person contacts a former SEGA employee to avoid scaring them off, but it's too late for that anyway.

5. Wetflame

Wetflame

Heh. That's why I didn't want anyone to contact Brenda or Tim at the same time I did. But after a couple of months it's probably not that bad.

And besides, Iceknight was hoarding answers; I knew this from a post a while ago at Cult; this annoyed me =P

6. Sonic Hachelle-Bee

Sonic Hachelle-Bee

Taking a Sand Shower Tech Member
    Lyon, France
    Sonic 2 Long Version
    Sure, that's okay.
    I made the level (based on Esrael one, then you will have to credit him also) creating tiles for it (as you can see).
    My tiles are compatible with Esrael layouts for more easyness.
    There is some screenshots of my DHZ act 1 entirely completed (even the layout).
    I don't want to post a lot, because I want to make a kind of surprise about the pallet change... :P

EDIT: These screenshots come from v1.8b4, an unreleased version. Wait for v1.8 coming in the next weeks: I want to complete DHZ act 2 and some others things before. A level like DHZ act 1 takes me about 3 weeks to make, all in hex...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Wetflame

Wetflame

I don't think Brenda will have time to play the rom, unfortunately, but I'm sure she'll take look at screenshots if I pile them into one big image file, which I was intending on doing.

And maybe if I give her the link, she'll cehck it out in her own time.

8. Sonic Hachelle-Bee

Sonic Hachelle-Bee

Lyon, France
    Sonic 2 Long Version
    I send it to you to let you take every screenshots you want. :(

9. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    Warning. You may damage Brenda's memory for all future by showing her a mix between her old ideas and Esrael's recreated zone using the Sonic RR tiles (that looks so fake)

10. Wetflame

Wetflame

Since when did everyone get to be such psychology experts?

And we've asked her just about everything we can, I hardly see the harm in it. I think after all that work and disappointment, she deserves to see a little something like this, after being so kind to us.

Don't you?

Craig Stitt, Tim Skelly, Brenda Ross... they're not just sources of information we soak up, they're people.

That's how I feel. Similiarly, I think we should show Mr. Stitt the recreated Hidden Palace.

11. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    As I've already said, in the past three months I've been getting info from different sources (including Mr. Skelly) for a big update. I'm not trying to HOARD TEH INFO LOLOLOL

If you can get more info without annoying the sources (even though I can't think of anything I haven't asked already), that would be great for everybody including myself.

12. Wetflame

Wetflame

People are never going to be hugely impressed by one big thing anymore, unforunately, short of another beta. So I think it's best to release it as you're going along, personally.

13. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    It just wasn't possible for me since I couldn't update the site from where I've been living until yesterday. I'll update as soon as I can.

14. Wetflame

Wetflame

IceKnight; when are you planning to release your info? If you like, I'll wait till then and we can see if there's anything you might have missed out on.

15. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    In a couple of days, or maybe next week...
    You don't even need to ask him anything if you don't want to, since he had already agreed to answer any other lists of fan-questions in the future. If you're going to do it, please copy and paste any kind of info he gives to you without altering a bit.

16. Wetflame

Wetflame

I've already asked him some questions.

However, someone on Cult gave me a whole load of questions, and since that person was one of the only ones to give a shit, I better forward those too at some point.

17. Drakmyth

Drakmyth

Inspector Drakmyth Master at your service. Oldbie
    In the void beneath the ancient maze...
    Sonic Eclipse 2, Return of the Hidden Palace, Unnamed Sonic 2 Hack
    Even though I know it to be true, I still can't believe you create those zones in hex. I'm still trying to get over the greatness of your Genocide City Zone.

IceKnight, would it be alright if, after you post the interviews, if I put them on my site? I would guess it would but since your the one that got the interview I just wanted to ask you anyway to settle my conscious.

18. Wetflame

Wetflame

How was GCZ made? It looks ripped from something. If it isn't take that as a big compliment =P

19. Sonic Hachelle-Bee

Sonic Hachelle-Bee

Lyon, France
    Sonic 2 Long Version
    I already answered this question some times before.
    Take a look at this link, you will have the answer.
    http://pci.univ-lyon1.fr/~p0300958/screens...scans/ecran.gif
    Then, make your own conclusion about how I made GCZ. :P
    I have to take that as a big compliment.

20. Wetflame

Wetflame

Dude, you're amazing!