don't click here

Blue Blur: Sonic Generations Original Soundtrack

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Ashram, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Kogen

Kogen

Derp Banned
    Bouvet Island
    Last Party on the Moon
    Too bad it sounds nothing like it.

2. MastaSys

MastaSys

It's not a straight remix, just takes some cues of, I can hear them, it's around the times the two Eggmen are speaking with each other.

3. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Yeah. I can't hear it either. Anyone fancy whipping up a comparison/overlay?

4. MastaSys

MastaSys

5. Kogen

Kogen

Derp Banned
    Bouvet Island
    Last Party on the Moon
    This is so faintly similar that it is most likely coincidence. Just like how people think Silver's theme is GHZ, Mazuri is Sonic 8-bit credits, Michael Jackson is Sonic 3, etcetera.

6. MJ was confirmed for Sonic 3 though. I even talked to Cirocco Jones who said the same thing.

7. MastaSys

MastaSys

Of course, I mean, you can't deny something like Stranger in Moscow and Sonic 3 credits song.

8. Mosqui

Mosqui

I have given this soundtrack a listen to recently and as to be expected I went away satisfied.
    To be honest, I wasn't expecting to go away disatisfied in any way but then with the Sonic franchise, there is usually a few gems in the soundtrack; no matter how bad the game is.
    My personal favourites are the Metal Sonic - Stardust Speedway JP/EU Remix and Chemical Plant Zone Act 2.
    Might have to pick this up in the future... if I can find it over here.

9. E102

E102

"γ" Member
    OK, so Kogen probably hasn't read the irrefutable Dec '09 Black & White Buxer interview yet. Give him time. Unless he's talking about this, then yeah, he's right about that.

Now before the topic gets too out of hand with this stuff, let me lay the bottom line:

1. Anything from the early games that wasn't previously credited in-game (aka Masato Nakamura in Sonic 1&2) and/or quite obvious is credited to SEGA due to legal obligations and/or general obscurity. Though Chaotix has known composers, they apparently do not know individual credits well enough to use here. Nakamura, on the other hand, was the only person credited for "Music" in 1&2, so those credits are no problem on the individual level. We'll have to wait for a complete/compilation release of the old games to have any chance of proper crediting whatsoever.

2. Track composers for SEGA tracks confirmed by other means (ex. Drowning in Sonic Colors OST, Senoue tracks in 3D Blast via ICEKnight's hack, 10th Anniversary CD Data & any data floating on the net thanks to the efforts of people like Dissident here) are all ignored due to the above statement.

3. As a result of the above two statements, City Escape : Act 1 must not count Endless Mine b/c it is merely a sample bit and also possibly because it was produced by a non-Sega party. In other words, the sample can be chalked up to City Escape simply being remixed that way instead of an intentional reference [despite the obvious resemblance].

4. As a result of the top two statements, Mission 4's credit is interesting. Since it still credits Jun like Mission 2 above, the possibility exists that Mission 4's credit was copy-pasted from Mission 2's (as Mission 4 is essentially a part of Mission 2's whole) and that bit of data wasn't updated. Why would Jun be credited for that and not Act Clear or Game Over, which are known for a fact to be his? In any case, the Balloon Park part of the combination track was separated and made into its own track, but the composition credit doesn't reflect the split (it should be just "SEGA" ) given the above.

10. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Keep in mind E-102 that Ashram did this in a hurry so he may have made some mistakes. unless your talking about the booklet credits?

11. E102

E102

"γ" Member
    I am.

C'mon, I'm the one who originally wrote out the credit set Retro is using for the "Notes" section of that same Sonic Colors soundtrack release. I know what I'm doing here.

12. Mad Echidna

Mad Echidna

Gone Oldbie
    Will someone explain to me how this blatant piracy is even remotely legit?

13. It's not. I'm pretty sure Scarred Sun just looks the other way when it comes to the soundtracks. Think of it as me promoting album sales.

Besides, once upon a time when SS still kept streamable music on the wiki, they used to advertise my rips on the front page. They've definitely simmered down since then. :ssh:

14. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I can't speak for anyone else other than myself, but the album release here was what motivated me to pick it up. All that's needed is making the album accessible to the West in a physical form. As nice as it's been that Sega's been putting them out on iTunes and all, I'd much rather have the physical copy.

This is why I bothered tracking down the Sonic World Adventure OST, which thanks to T-Bird over on Stadium I was able to get a legit version.

15. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Same here! I want a US copy for a change and not just some watered down piece of crap either.

16. I'd love for Sega to start selling the soundtracks here in the US in their unadulterated form, but considering the video game/anime soundtrack market is a very niche one over there I can understand why they don't want to take risks here.

Also, believe me, I understand people who want to get the soundtracks but don't have the money. When a 3-disc album like Blue Blur is in the ballpark of $50 on average (Not including shipping), it's easier for people to just download a rip.

17. Spindash54

Spindash54

Did you ever wonder how he spins in place? Member
    So speaking of which, with Megaupload being shot down by the feds, what do we do now?

18. Who'sajiggawha-?

...Oh.

Well, fuck. I used Megaupload because they were the only upload service I know of that didn't cap your upload size at something ridiculous like 200MB.

19. Spindash54

Spindash54

Did you ever wonder how he spins in place? Member
    Good man on Reddit has some backup suggestions, hopefully one of these will work:

http://www.reddit.com/r/technology/comments/onplj/feds_shut_down_megaupload/c3imnl1

20. Arique

Arique

SHUWATCH! Member
    I recommend MultiUpload, IMO. They're an awesome site, and just like Megaupload, their download times are lightning fast.

Also, If you guys want, I'll reupload the OST to my Dropbox account. Just gotta wait until tomorrow, though. Sorry! FUCK IT, HERE YOU GUYS GO:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/55412112/Blue%20Blur-%20Sonic%20Generations%20Original%20Soundtrack.rar